Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GT3 PTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 11:34 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 790 Likes on 399 Posts

I did the yellow with my 991.2 GT3RS in Miami Blue. Loved the blue/yellow contrast and regret selling the car.
Old 06-18-2023, 12:36 AM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Simple Option Disallowed + TYD Dates Go Dark

Originally Posted by V999
I wish I'd read this thread before Friday. I made some spec changes, Friday, to a build that was supposed to reach the freeze point tomorrow. The system took the changes, but the status changed from V200 to V110 IMP Text Handling Required even though I don't have PTS and don't have any options for which custom text is required.
My build was confirmed in a May 4 email from Porsche then kicked back on May 5 showing “V100 - Feasibility Check Failed”, it turns out it wasn’t for the RaceTex visors or the PCCBs but the GT3 model designation logo on the side. The dealer removed that option and all was OK. I received the link to TYD on May 10. About a week ago, all the TYD dates changed from actual projected dates to “Not Available” (e.g., the freeze had been estimated to be around 7/16 with manufacturing starting at the end of August just after the shut-down). I have a call into the dealer to see what is going on.

The GM at my dealership said that the likely (or perhaps confirmed) reason for the logo unavailability is because the logos are not applied on the production line but in the Exclusive Manufaktur area, which has become overcrowded with all the CXX orders. Maybe this includes the demands of GT3 RS production. I was assured that the logos can be obtained thought the Parts department and easily applied.
Old 06-18-2023, 07:28 AM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by clmick
Great spec you built there. What a beauty!

Confirmed with my SA that my car did already lock. This means I’ll have the racing yellow deviated stitch and matching seat belts. After seeing your car, I’m feeling better about it and honestly relieved I can’t change it anymore haha.
I also thought PTS was not possible at all this year. Curious - what is your (current) expected build date?
Old 06-18-2023, 08:15 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,569 Likes on 2,594 Posts

It is a ‘24 allocation. Does that matter? Already showing up in my TYD
My build locks in a few days and PTS isn’t available. I assume it’s a ‘24.
Old 06-18-2023, 10:42 AM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by smiles11
My guess is one of the race-tex adds tossed it back to v110.
Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
My build was confirmed in a May 4 email from Porsche then kicked back on May 5 showing “V100 - Feasibility Check Failed”, it turns out it wasn’t for the RaceTex visors or the PCCBs but the GT3 model designation logo on the side. The dealer removed that option and all was OK. I received the link to TYD on May 10. About a week ago, all the TYD dates changed from actual projected dates to “Not Available” (e.g., the freeze had been estimated to be around 7/16 with manufacturing starting at the end of August just after the shut-down). I have a call into the dealer to see what is going on.

The GM at my dealership said that the likely (or perhaps confirmed) reason for the logo unavailability is because the logos are not applied on the production line but in the Exclusive Manufaktur area, which has become overcrowded with all the CXX orders. Maybe this includes the demands of GT3 RS production. I was assured that the logos can be obtained thought the Parts department and easily applied.
In addition to the changes (noted above) I made to the GT3 spec, I also made one change to an incoming Cayenne S spec: I added the painted key option. And now, with just that key option added, the Cayenne S TYD dates have all changed to Not Available. I had made some prior changes to the Cayenne spec, and it didn't change any of my dates. So the addition of the painted key might be what's creating the problem in both cases. Which is odd.

FWIW, I was thinking about top and side decals for the GT3. But I plan to do a full PPF wrap on that car, and would want the decals over the PPF in case I decide I don't like them. So I skipped that option for now and might order decals later, if I still want them.

Last edited by V999; 06-18-2023 at 10:45 AM.
Old 06-18-2023, 11:01 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

In addition to the changes (noted above) I made to the GT3 spec, I also made one change to an incoming Cayenne S spec: I added the painted key option. And now, with just that key option added, the Cayenne S TYD dates have all changed to Not Available. I had made some prior changes to the Cayenne spec, and it didn't change any of my dates. So the addition of the painted key might be what's creating the problem in both cases. Which is odd.

FWIW, I was thinking about top and side decals for the GT3. But I plan to do a full PPF wrap on that car, and would want the decals over the PPF in case I decide I don't like them. So I skipped that option for now and might order decals later, if I still want them.
You can put decals on PPF?
Old 06-18-2023, 11:13 AM
clmick
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

I’m looking at ordering painted keys and my dealer told me that he’s looking into it as a separate order from the factory to ensure no impact to my existing order that’s in V215.
The following users liked this post:
V999 (06-18-2023)
Old 06-18-2023, 02:35 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
You can put decals on PPF?
I think I’ve seen people do that, yes. If I recall correctly, some people have ordered them with the car but had them delivered unattached and then had the PPF installer add them.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:37 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

I’m looking at ordering painted keys and my dealer told me that he’s looking into it as a separate order from the factory to ensure no impact to my existing order that’s in V215.
If that turns out to be the delaying factor, I’ll see if my dealer can do the same. Didn’t know it was possible. It’s odd, though, that such an option would alter the delivery schedule.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:44 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Note that you can get very nice aftermarket key cases at a small fraction of what Porsche charges for them.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:50 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Note that you can get very nice aftermarket key cases at a small fraction of what Porsche charges for them.
Definitely. And I kind of can’t believe I’m spending $400 on some silly key decorations. Yet another example of how the only thing Porsche does better than building awesome driver’s cars is marketing and separating car enthusiasts from their money.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:09 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Definitely. And I kind of can’t believe I’m spending $400 on some silly key decorations. Yet another example of how the only thing Porsche does better than building awesome driver’s cars is marketing and separating car enthusiasts from their money.
Yes, they’re very good at making money. Helps that they nearly have a monopoly in their market segment for sports cars. Their engineering is also world class, though they do sometimes get things wrong.

Last edited by Manifold; 06-18-2023 at 03:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2023, 03:12 PM
clmick
Intermediate

I’ve yet to find somewhere to get a Riviera Blue aftermarket key. Perhaps I’ll keep looking.
Old 06-20-2023, 04:45 PM
clmick
Intermediate

I haven’t seen any aftermarket painted keys in Riviera Blue. Anyone come across that color?
Old 06-22-2023, 01:22 AM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 194 Posts

I’ve yet to find somewhere to get a Riviera Blue aftermarket key. Perhaps I’ll keep looking.
Agree finding PTS keys can be a challenge! Looking for Black Olive.

Quick Reply: 992 GT3 PTS