Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GT3 PTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 09:19 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Comments on your GT3 build and a question.

I, too, have spent hours on the configurator, not only for the upcoming car, but everyone before that as long as there has been a configurator. I'll start with the usual statement: "It all comes down to personal preference, there are very few bad 911 specs."

My GT3 build locks in July. I did a lot of PTS research (and Riviera Blue is on my short list). I had black wheels on my GT Silver 991.2 GT3 and now I'm kinda "over" black wheels and would spec silver wheels like the ones on Jon H's great looking GT4. I like seat belts in a highlight color, but I don't know about mixing yellow belts with chalk stitching. I've done builds with the black/chalk interior and silver grey belts where I've added white dials on the sport chrono and tach. Going full yellow with belts, stitching, etc. is cool but expensive. Also, I agree with a previous comment that the yellow belts are very, very bright, even though it picks up the yellow calipers.

Good to see the mirror bases in the exterior color. That is the one thing I would change if reordering it. I enjoy the PORSCHE logo mirror projectors every time I get into or out of the car, so I thought it was a good deal for $160, but it doesn't make the car perform better. I like the GT3 designation on the side. I tried silver on yours, but it's not easy to see and the black ties in with the wheels, trim pieces and rocker panels. My build got kicked back because "GT3" was not available. So, if necessary, I'll add it after delivery. After doing research on Rennlist and based on the responses I received, I will include prep for front/rear dashcam. It's inexpensive and even though I have two GoPros, it will be there if I want a purpose-built dashcam. And there are no wires or connectors showing with this option. I've done the keys and pouch, but I did painted keys vs. the leather keys that you spec'd. I've also done auto-dimming mirrors with a rain sensor, although if you won't be driving in the rain or often at night or especially if this is primarily a track car, you have saved $700.

It's interesting that you went for the leather steering wheel vs. Race-Tex. Our 992 Turbo S has leather and our Taycan GTS is Race-Tex as was my GT3. I'm not sure how much it improves grip in high-performance situations (and some owners don't like it), but I like the sportiness. A couple of things I've done are lighted door sill plates which requires dark aluminum interior trim, which I like, and I've added a Porsche crest to the center console lid whether it's a car with leather or Race-Tex. Now here's a big deal: I wanted traffic sign recognition. It provides a big readout traffic signs (speed limits, turns, school zones, etc.) in the dash binnacle, but then I had to spec the hugely expensive (and about $4K) and not totally functional in the U.S. LED Matrix headlights (in black). Your other choices (Bose, Park Assist, Front-Axle Lift, etc.) all look good.

And here is my question:
My build sheet is about a month old and the build has been on TYD since then. Because PTS was not available, I decided on white, so no issue there, but ironically the build was kicked back because I had the GT designation on the side. It is great that you can spec PTS and perhaps I can too - although after several months of trial and error, my wife who likes conservative colors and I (who thinks wing GT3s should be bright) have not agreed on one yet. If you look at your "Build Sheet - Retail" which you would have received when the order when live in TYD, what is your vehicle status? Mine was "V100 - Feasibility Check failed". As soon as the GT3 decal was removed, it sailed to the next stage. A couple days ago, the estimated dates that went all the way out to dealer delivery were replaced with "Not Available" although the order is shown as "Confirmed". When you have a moment and if your build sheet is handy, let me know what it says for "Vehicle Status". Thanks!

Congratulations on your GT3 and I hope that my comments have been helpful.
Old 06-15-2023, 09:40 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Can you get black stitching for free? That would be nice, but think it might be silver-gray standard…
Lol, you used the word free. Hehe
The following 3 users liked this post by raymort:
Diablo Dude (06-16-2023), DrJay (08-06-2023), Randy M (06-17-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 01:44 AM
clmick
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
I, too, have spent hours on the configurator, not only for the upcoming car, but everyone before that as long as there has been a configurator. I'll start with the usual statement: "It all comes down to personal preference, there are very few bad 911 specs."

My GT3 build locks in July. I did a lot of PTS research (and Riviera Blue is on my short list). I had black wheels on my GT Silver 991.2 GT3 and now I'm kinda "over" black wheels and would spec silver wheels like the ones on Jon H's great looking GT4. I like seat belts in a highlight color, but I don't know about mixing yellow belts with chalk stitching. I've done builds with the black/chalk interior and silver grey belts where I've added white dials on the sport chrono and tach. Going full yellow with belts, stitching, etc. is cool but expensive. Also, I agree with a previous comment that the yellow belts are very, very bright, even though it picks up the yellow calipers.

Good to see the mirror bases in the exterior color. That is the one thing I would change if reordering it. I enjoy the PORSCHE logo mirror projectors every time I get into or out of the car, so I thought it was a good deal for $160, but it doesn't make the car perform better. I like the GT3 designation on the side. I tried silver on yours, but it's not easy to see and the black ties in with the wheels, trim pieces and rocker panels. My build got kicked back because "GT3" was not available. So, if necessary, I'll add it after delivery. After doing research on Rennlist and based on the responses I received, I will include prep for front/rear dashcam. It's inexpensive and even though I have two GoPros, it will be there if I want a purpose-built dashcam. And there are no wires or connectors showing with this option. I've done the keys and pouch, but I did painted keys vs. the leather keys that you spec'd. I've also done auto-dimming mirrors with a rain sensor, although if you won't be driving in the rain or often at night or especially if this is primarily a track car, you have saved $700.

It's interesting that you went for the leather steering wheel vs. Race-Tex. Our 992 Turbo S has leather and our Taycan GTS is Race-Tex as was my GT3. I'm not sure how much it improves grip in high-performance situations (and some owners don't like it), but I like the sportiness. A couple of things I've done are lighted door sill plates which requires dark aluminum interior trim, which I like, and I've added a Porsche crest to the center console lid whether it's a car with leather or Race-Tex. Now here's a big deal: I wanted traffic sign recognition. It provides a big readout traffic signs (speed limits, turns, school zones, etc.) in the dash binnacle, but then I had to spec the hugely expensive (and about $4K) and not totally functional in the U.S. LED Matrix headlights (in black). Your other choices (Bose, Park Assist, Front-Axle Lift, etc.) all look good.

And here is my question:
My build sheet is about a month old and the build has been on TYD since then. Because PTS was not available, I decided on white, so no issue there, but ironically the build was kicked back because I had the GT designation on the side. It is great that you can spec PTS and perhaps I can too - although after several months of trial and error, my wife who likes conservative colors and I (who thinks wing GT3s should be bright) have not agreed on one yet. If you look at your "Build Sheet - Retail" which you would have received when the order when live in TYD, what is your vehicle status? Mine was "V100 - Feasibility Check failed". As soon as the GT3 decal was removed, it sailed to the next stage. A couple days ago, the estimated dates that went all the way out to dealer delivery were replaced with "Not Available" although the order is shown as "Confirmed". When you have a moment and if your build sheet is handy, let me know what it says for "Vehicle Status". Thanks!

Congratulations on your GT3 and I hope that my comments have been helpful.
Thank you for a very well thought out response. Some great food for thought.

Well, the sheet my SA texted me a few weeks ago shows “V215 - Blocked by PAG - not changeable” but in TYD, it shows 7/2 freeze. Seems like it’s already locked? Makes all this brain damage about making changes easier if it’s actually a done deal!
Old 06-16-2023, 02:02 AM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by clmick
Thank you for a very well thought out response. Some great food for thought.

Well, the sheet my SA texted me a few weeks ago shows “V215 - Blocked by PAG - not changeable” but in TYD, it shows 7/2 freeze. Seems like it’s already locked? Makes all this brain damage about making changes easier if it’s actually a done deal!
Thanks for getting back so quickly. It looks as if you’re in good shape. I have heard that anyone with a PTS order has to be ready for the car to freeze before the actual stated freeze date. One Rennlist post says that PTS cars freeze early because of the lead time to have the right paint color and amount when the car starts production.

Here is a link to a Rennlist thread on V215. https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...-question.html

As you’ll see, it might take your dealer going to Porsche NA to “beg” for a minor change on a V215 status car. But if you do go with your current spec, you will have a great GT3. The bottom line is that you have a PTS allocation (with a great color, BTW) and that is rare nowadays. All the best.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:12 AM
clmick
Intermediate

Thanks for getting back so quickly. It looks as if you’re in good shape. I have heard that anyone with a PTS order has to be ready for the car to freeze before the actual stated freeze date. One Rennlist post says that PTS cars freeze early because of the lead time to have the right paint color and amount when the car starts production.

Here is a link to a Rennlist thread on V215. https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...-question.html

As you’ll see, it might take your dealer going to Porsche NA to “beg” for a minor change on a V215 status car. But if you do go with your current spec, you will have a great GT3. The bottom line is that you have a PTS allocation (with a great color, BTW) and that is rare nowadays. All the best.
You know your stuff. I was just reading up on it. I think I should just live with it and not run the risk of screwing it up. Last year I had a GT3 build I lost because I wanted PTS and then they ran out of PTS slots.

A little off topic but others might find this interesting. My dealer is letting me drive a GT4RS (should arrive in a week) I built until the GT3 arrives later this year. I just gotta sell it back at cost when the GT3 arrives. Both of these with no ADM. I feel like he’s taking good care of me. To get here, over the last couple years I did the following:
- bought pre-owned Carrera S - sold back 1 year later for a…
- GT4 - drove for 6 months or so until and traded in for…
- Turbo S I built in Riviera Blue with matching riviera blue interior. This was the golden ticket to get the dealer to agree to give me a GT3 allocation as I sold it back at cost after 200ish miles

Also built a cayenne GTS last year for my daily. So I’ve been good to them too.
Old 06-16-2023, 02:20 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,229 Likes on 668 Posts

PTS locks 30 days before normal freeze dates. If you’re located in North America, no PTS before 9/23 builds. This is interesting
Old 06-16-2023, 02:57 AM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 519 Likes on 312 Posts

If that link you provided is to your build, I would probably just leave it alone because those are great specs and seem to align well with your preferences. Not worth messing with a locked configuration, especially if the SA does not know what they are doing.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 02:28 PM
AtTheGlen
Rennlist Member

Default Agree. Keep you spec and let it ride.

You know your stuff. I was just reading up on it. I think I should just live with it and not run the risk of screwing it up. Last year I had a GT3 build I lost because I wanted PTS and then they ran out of PTS slots..
I agree with the others. I've read on Rennlist where people tried to change a minor option unrelated to PTS and it resulted in a long delay and I think in one case, a lost allocation. You have a great spec as it. My situation is similar to yours in terms of building a relationship with a dealer that you know and trust. As part of my "Personal Porsche Procurement Plan" with the dealer, they know that they will see a low-mileage, well cared-for, decent spec car in two or three years that I'll trade for a new Porsche. That seems to matter for allocations and ADMs, if any. No better words to hear than: "We'll take care of you."
Old 06-16-2023, 03:35 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 117 Posts

I have a GTS in Shark with PCCBs and yellow accents and get an insane # of compliments. It works really well. I did the full leather/race tex interior. The PCCB calipers are racing yellow so I went with that deviated stitch, with racing yellow belts and dials to match. Speed yellow is just a bit darker, when I ordered there was a stop on RY stitch. I had an existential crisis when the dials, belts and brakes were one yellow and the stitching would be another. But it came through. I'm happy as the car is either blue black or yellow. I really didnt want to introduce a 4th or 5th color.

As others have said, if you're locked dont risk losing it. I lost my PTS slot last year as most did.

My GTS delivery thread
Old 06-17-2023, 01:30 AM
clmick
Intermediate

Originally Posted by protamine
I have a GTS in Shark with PCCBs and yellow accents and get an insane # of compliments. It works really well. I did the full leather/race tex interior. The PCCB calipers are racing yellow so I went with that deviated stitch, with racing yellow belts and dials to match. Speed yellow is just a bit darker, when I ordered there was a stop on RY stitch. I had an existential crisis when the dials, belts and brakes were one yellow and the stitching would be another. But it came through. I'm happy as the car is either blue black or yellow. I really didnt want to introduce a 4th or 5th color.

As others have said, if you're locked dont risk losing it. I lost my PTS slot last year as most did.

My GTS delivery thread
Great spec you built there. What a beauty!

Confirmed with my SA that my car did already lock. This means I’ll have the racing yellow deviated stitch and matching seat belts. After seeing your car, I’m feeling better about it and honestly relieved I can’t change it anymore haha.
Old 06-17-2023, 01:39 AM
clmick
Intermediate

I agree with the others. I've read on Rennlist where people tried to change a minor option unrelated to PTS and it resulted in a long delay and I think in one case, a lost allocation. You have a great spec as it. My situation is similar to yours in terms of building a relationship with a dealer that you know and trust. As part of my "Personal Porsche Procurement Plan" with the dealer, they know that they will see a low-mileage, well cared-for, decent spec car in two or three years that I'll trade for a new Porsche. That seems to matter for allocations and ADMs, if any. No better words to hear than: "We'll take care of you."
Following the savvy advice of you and others and will not attempt to make any changes.

I like the relationship I have with my dealer and resulting benefits in terms of attractive allocations but it was definitely a lot of work to get here.
Old 06-17-2023, 05:41 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 220 Posts

Following the savvy advice of you and others and will not attempt to make any changes.

I like the relationship I have with my dealer and resulting benefits in terms of attractive allocations but it was definitely a lot of work to get here.
I wish I'd read this thread before Friday. I made some spec changes, Friday, to a build that was supposed to reach the freeze point tomorrow. The system took the changes, but the status changed from V200 to V110 IMP Text Handling Required even though I don't have PTS and don't have any options for which custom text is required.

My TYD freeze point changed from the 18th to the 15th and all dates after that now say Not Available.

Dealer says they submitted a query to Porsche for what's needed and said they probably just need to approve the stitching change.

The changes I made:

- changed wheels from Neodyme to Black
- added the fuel cap
- added carbon fiber roof
- added deviated stitching in Racing Yellow (was leather interior w/deviated stitching in GT Silver)
- changed extended race-tex stitching from GT Silver to Racing Yellow
- changed seat belts from Silver Grey to Racing Yellow
- added painted vehicle key (not the bespoke one w/custom text)
- added center console lid in race-tex with "PORSCHE" logo
- added Prep for dashcam

Now I'm in limbo while waiting on Porsche to approve the spec, I guess. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a months long delay.
Old 06-17-2023, 05:48 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,411 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
I wish I'd read this thread before Friday. I made some spec changes, Friday, to a build that was supposed to reach the freeze point tomorrow. The system took the changes, but the status changed from V200 to V110 IMP Text Handling Required even though I don't have PTS and don't have any options for which custom text is required.

My TYD freeze point changed from the 18th to the 15th and all dates after that now say Not Available.

Dealer says they submitted a query to Porsche for what's needed and said they probably just need to approve the stitching change.

The changes I made:

- changed wheels from Neodyme to Black
- added the fuel cap
- added carbon fiber roof
- added deviated stitching in Racing Yellow (was leather interior w/deviated stitching in GT Silver)
- changed extended race-tex stitching from GT Silver to Racing Yellow
- changed seat belts from Silver Grey to Racing Yellow
- added painted vehicle key (not the bespoke one w/custom text)
- added center console lid in race-tex with "PORSCHE" logo
- added Prep for dashcam

Now I'm in limbo while waiting on Porsche to approve the spec, I guess. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a months long delay.
My guess is one of the race-tex adds tossed it back to v110.
The following users liked this post:
jkautz (10-15-2023)
Old 06-17-2023, 07:10 PM
Bill_76
Pro

Received 555 Likes on 249 Posts

That’s what’s in my current build 😂

I haven’t seen the yellow deviated stitching in person and wonder if it’s worth the large price tag. Also I’ve seen some mention it can wear easier. I’ve got 3 young boys who will be wanting to ride everywhere.
my car with racing yellow deviated, shark blue, yellow pccb

Last edited by Bill_76; 06-17-2023 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-17-2023, 10:46 PM
clmick
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bill_76
my car with racing yellow deviated, shark blue, yellow pccb

🤩

Quick Reply: 992 GT3 PTS