Active Matrix LED comes to the US!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2023, 02:17 AM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by mthreat
A simpler solution would just be a money-back guarantee for unresolvable side effects, without the custom flooring Rube Goldberg stuff. Also in Vegas you probably want to look at EV (expected value) rather than just probability. 99.9% is a terrible success rate if the penalty is death, for example.

But good work on the Matrix LED fix and your other Porsche fixes. A good friend hacks Nissan ECUs (reflashes, etc) and I know it can be a lot of work.
I will offer a money-back guarantee. That's a smart recommendation! I respect that.
Ok, here is my official statement:

9XX offers full Matrix LED Activation, and will have the following guarantees regarding side effects:
We will offer full money-back guarantee for unresolvable side effects.
We will offer 200% money-back guarantee for any side effects that are rectified Band-aid by coding 1+4 or translate to 21 to 25 (LOL), which can create potential conflicts with other codes down the road, and requires more Band-Aid
and if Comfort Windows was activated as a "posotif" side effect without additional coding, you will get money back too because it was not done right. FYI, Comfort Windows rolls both up and down, not just up. I will have a video to show how it works on a 992 in 24 hours.
We already had it demonstrated on many many 911, Cayennes, Panameras, Caymans, Boxsters, and Macans over the years on my YouTube channel.

I hope this clarifies everything about what we offer. No tricks, no hidden conditions, nothing to hide.

Last edited by atwong1; 06-11-2023 at 05:50 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by atwong1:
daveo4porsche (06-11-2023), InfamousS/T (06-11-2023), mthreat (06-11-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 05:36 AM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I am a man of my words. Here is the Comfort Windows video, enjoy! (Dang I am fast with Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premier Pro)

Last edited by atwong1; 06-12-2023 at 12:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Schwarz992C4S (06-12-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 01:40 PM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I have received a lot of inquiries via PM. I appreciate your trust and support. We 9XX are a licensed business, and we are an official sponsor of Rennlist and we will never sneak behind Rennlist's back to run a rogue business. So there is no need to PM me. We like to be transparent and that's how we run 9XX Research and 9XX Experience. Everything can be asked here so that everyone who may have the same questions can see my answers for their convenience.

So here are the answers for some of your PMs:

First, the official cost is and will always be on 9xx.com and that will be the location where the cost will be updated if needed. All other prices listed are only good for reference. As of this minute, there are 3 $500 offers left. If you are interested, please register on 9xx.com and schedule a Teams meeting with me. Once we go over all the details and decided that we are good to move forward, we will then hold a slot for you on our schedule. When the schedule is confirmed you will pay the tuition and fees in full and at that time, one $500 offer will be deducted. The order in which you register will be used to determine who has priority for the $500 deal. Because it's a 9XX Experience activity, all 9XX Experience rules will apply. Please go to 9xx.com and learn more about 9XX Experience before we meet so that you can raise questions efficiently. All Registrations at 9xx.com without a valid Porsche VIN will be treated as spam and will be automatically deleted.

Second, we are an official Rennlist sponsor and we are not hiding our business. All PM or emails suggesting doing business on the side or behind the back of Rennlist are not fair to Rennlist and will be discarded.

Third, every car we work on has full documentation of what has been done, and upon request, we can upload it to PCSS (Porsche Central Service System) under your VIN. This PCSS record will have a 9XX Research stamp on it and is permanent on your Porsche vehicle records and is accessible by all legit Porsche dealerships and Service Centers. We do not use Band-aid solutions to patch or "translate". So rest assured that everything is done right.

Fourth, we are an official Porsche Partner and we follow strictly all Porsche guidelines and protocols. Because of that, we will not ask you to buy your own equipment. We will not do remote programming from a remote location because of many reasons. 1. We want you to have the peace of mind that we will be there to handle situations that may be out of the ordinary. 2. Porsche mandates the use of a quality power supply that outputs a stable 14.2V at 90A or above, and OEM PIWIS to ensure uninterrupted dataflow during a programming session. Using a clone or not having a stable power supply will have adverse effects on many components in your Porsche. These equipment are very cost-prohibitive and not exactly user-friendly. So we will bring our equipment with us to visit you. The only requirement is that you have a 110V 20A power source for us to connect our equipment. So far the total time is very consistently 5.5 to 6 hours for 992, starting from hook up and health check to establish a baseline, to programming, to test drive to final check and documentation. Our regular price reflects only 3.5 man hours because test drive time is deducted. We will have more time data for other models as we go and we may update the cost as needed.

And lastly, yes I took and edited all my videos by myself. I wrote my own website. However, those are off-topic let us keep Porsche-related discussions here.

At this time, I am open to any further questions. Any 9XX Matrix LED Experience alumni are welcome to share their experiences and thoughts here. Some alumni are Porsche employees and may have restrictions on what they can comment on, and I thank you all in advance for respecting that.

Last edited by atwong1; 06-11-2023 at 02:00 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by atwong1:
mthreat (06-11-2023), Schwarz992C4S (06-12-2023), topherserrano (08-30-2023)
Old 06-11-2023, 03:03 PM
73-914
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 10 Posts

Just registered, I have 3 vehicles you could do for me. I understand I can only get 1 $500 offer and I’m hopeful I’m quick enough to have snagged one. If not full price is fine with me
Old 06-11-2023, 03:22 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by atwong1
Yes Raymont, I got you. I can fully Activate Matrix LED 2022 GT3 and it will have no side effects either.

AND especially Homelink will work or I will personally dress in red coat and black Bearskin cap, and open the garage door for you until I get Homeline to work. LOL.
I was just asking if it worked for the hardware for the 2022 992. Thanks for the info.

Btw, my home link works just fine. Has there been some issue with it?
Old 06-11-2023, 03:33 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 355 Posts

Having just had my matrix reprogrammed I can only echo the OP's assertion that it's absolutely critical to have a stable power source hooked up to the battery during the programming. A battery tender is not sufficient and neither are most conventional battery chargers. That said I was able to have my matrix LED activated via PIWIS and now the have full functionality and they are impressive, enabling high beams while following a car or when facing traffic with the lights excluding these cars selectively.

I will just say that the standard LED's on my other 992 are amazingly powerful and even without the PDLS feature are amazing. The matrix even after reprogramming only add geeky features that really mostly benefit other drivers (very important) but don't really provide a significant step improvement in brightness or coverage over the base LEDs. So if you don't mind operating the high beams yourself then you're not missing much with base lights.

Last edited by catdog2; 06-11-2023 at 03:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2023, 05:13 PM
Schwarz992C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 117 Posts

I have received a lot of inquiries via PM. I appreciate your trust and support. We 9XX are a licensed business, and we are an official sponsor of Rennlist and we will never sneak behind Rennlist's back to run a rogue business. So there is no need to PM me. We like to be transparent and that's how we run 9XX Research and 9XX Experience. Everything can be asked here so that everyone who may have the same questions can see my answers for their convenience.

So here are the answers for some of your PMs:

First, the official cost is and will always be on 9xx.com and that will be the location where the cost will be updated if needed. All other prices listed are only good for reference. As of this minute, there are 3 $500 offers left. If you are interested, please register on 9xx.com and schedule a Teams meeting with me. Once we go over all the details and decided that we are good to move forward, we will then hold a slot for you on our schedule. When the schedule is confirmed you will pay the tuition and fees in full and at that time, one $500 offer will be deducted. The order in which you register will be used to determine who has priority for the $500 deal. Because it's a 9XX Experience activity, all 9XX Experience rules will apply. Please go to 9xx.com and learn more about 9XX Experience before we meet so that you can raise questions efficiently. All Registrations at 9xx.com without a valid Porsche VIN will be treated as spam and will be automatically deleted.

Second, we are an official Rennlist sponsor and we are not hiding our business. All PM or emails suggesting doing business on the side or behind the back of Rennlist are not fair to Rennlist and will be discarded.

Third, every car we work on has full documentation of what has been done, and upon request, we can upload it to PCSS (Porsche Central Service System) under your VIN. This PCSS record will have a 9XX Research stamp on it and is permanent on your Porsche vehicle records and is accessible by all legit Porsche dealerships and Service Centers. We do not use Band-aid solutions to patch or "translate". So rest assured that everything is done right.

Fourth, we are an official Porsche Partner and we follow strictly all Porsche guidelines and protocols. Because of that, we will not ask you to buy your own equipment. We will not do remote programming from a remote location because of many reasons. 1. We want you to have the peace of mind that we will be there to handle situations that may be out of the ordinary. 2. Porsche mandates the use of a quality power supply that outputs a stable 14.2V at 90A or above, and OEM PIWIS to ensure uninterrupted dataflow during a programming session. Using a clone or not having a stable power supply will have adverse effects on many components in your Porsche. These equipment are very cost-prohibitive and not exactly user-friendly. So we will bring our equipment with us to visit you. The only requirement is that you have a 110V 20A power source for us to connect our equipment. So far the total time is very consistently 5.5 to 6 hours for 992, starting from hook up and health check to establish a baseline, to programming, to test drive to final check and documentation. Our regular price reflects only 3.5 man hours because test drive time is deducted. We will have more time data for other models as we go and we may update the cost as needed.

And lastly, yes I took and edited all my videos by myself. I wrote my own website. However, those are off-topic let us keep Porsche-related discussions here.

At this time, I am open to any further questions. Any 9XX Matrix LED Experience alumni are welcome to share their experiences and thoughts here. Some alumni are Porsche employees and may have restrictions on what they can comment on, and I thank you all in advance for respecting that.
As I have previously stated in another Matrix headlight thread on this forum, I absolutely endorse 9XX for their coding work and for developing and standing behind their products. I had been looking to find someone who could code my two previous 992 and Cayenne for Comfort windows and Matrix activation. I even posted a thread asking about what the cost could be hoping someone would read and state they had activated the Matrix and what that cost would be. I only found a very few partial solutions and a few with either lost functionality or errors. Not the risk I wanted to take. Then, a day or two later after my poll, I was provided contact information to 9XX and made an appointment. When accepted, we met and discussed my desires. I was assured 9XX could accomplish everything and have no side affects/errors etc. Once I received my car from Germany we met again where 9XX spent a day reviewing and documenting various things. I was assured that as a Porsche Partner, 9XX could easily recover the original unmodified code from Germany IF needed. I was sold at that point and the rest is history! As someone who has been playing with many different Porsches since 1976, I absolutely could not be more pleased and thank 9XX for a fantastic experience!
Old 06-12-2023, 12:09 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 436 Likes on 262 Posts

Have to be frank my merc active led work much better than my 992 matrix led , way better
Old 06-12-2023, 07:09 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Mine wasn't done thru 9xx and although I'm sure he's a great guy and his stuff works and all if you say so...

my homelink worked once my car was programmed, I have the same comfort windows functionality (its part of the EU programming that allows your lights to work), it can all be programmed back to stock at any time, etc. Nothing new here other than the same thing that others seems to be doing... except the person that helped me said they would help reprogram if needed after a dealer visit for free and 9xx charges more money. I would probably charge more money too as it is more work but to each his own.

I'm glad more people will have access to getting their expensive lights working to full functionality.

Maybe at some point the dealer will even be able to program once they bring out the functionality in the new cars... thats what I'm hoping.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:29 PM
momo360
Racer

Received 201 Likes on 107 Posts

Hi,

I am Anthony with 9XX Research, and we specialize in uncharted territories. If many others have tried and cannot complete something perfectly, we will finish the job. This time around, we are introducing:

Matrix LED Full Activation for 992, 718, Cayenne, Macan, Panamera $700 ($500 for first 5 from Rennlist)
Matrix LED Full Retrofit for 992, 718, Cayenne, Macan, Panamera (Yes RETROFIT) $0 labor only for the first car that qualifies, plus the cost of new OEM parts directly ordered from Stuttgart via 9XX, cost of travel, meals, and accommodations only for two 9XX engineers. This offer is valid for only models that had Matrix LED available as an option but was not selected at the time of ordering. The $0 labor is limited to 1 day of work. This is a 9XX Experience offer so all 9XX Experience rules will apply.
First RETROFIT will have 1 year OEM parts and labor warranty. We have our own Porsche Official inspectors to check our products upon entry to US soil to guarantee authenticity. Parts from any other sources will not be accepted so please do not ask.

Taycan $900 (coming in September)

Free gift for all: Comfort windows and sunroof w/Matrix LED activation.
If you work for Porsche or an official partner in Atlanta, GA, please register at https://9xx.com/pages/contact-us directly to get arranged to have Comfort windows for your Porsche 2009 to 2023 model Activated for free from 9XX Research as a token of appreciation.
Recoding (if needed after a dealer visit) $200 for all models

9XX Research is an Official Porsche Partner, ID# DDA2197. We strictly follow Porsche protocol on equipment standards, and therefore no remote sessions will be offered for Matrix LED Activation. We will visit you during our USA touring schedule, and we are fully equipped to recover your car from damaged codes done by others.

Recovery of full function $2000
Required if erroneously programmed by a non-Porsche partner prior.
(e.g., Homelink damage by erroneous Matrix LED coding by third party other than 9XX or Porsche Service Center)

for more details on pricing
https://9xx.com/pages/9xx-experience-pricing

Please visit 9xx.com and register for our tour, so we will not miss you in the upcoming tour.

- Past history of accomplishing what others say is “Impossible”.
- CarPlay
- Spoiler
- Camera
- MagSafe charger
- Rattle Finder

No errors, No loss of any functionality.

Just great products!

Learn more about Porsche Matrix LED system here https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpor...iew/article08/
https://youtu.be/Y2thlvqwMIc
How does matrix LED activation for 718 work? Is PDLS+ matrix? I didn't realize they had matrix LEDs
Old 06-13-2023, 02:09 PM
mthreat
Pro

Received 354 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Moiz Mian
How does matrix LED activation for 718 work? Is PDLS+ matrix? I didn't realize they had matrix LEDs
I think he mentioned on another thread in the 718 forum that indeed 718s don't have matrix LEDs available, so he removed 718s from the list.
Old 06-13-2023, 07:46 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

I believe there are 4 codes that need to be changed to get the matrix to work.
The following users liked this post:
cosmos (06-13-2023)
Old 06-14-2023, 02:29 AM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by mthreat
I think he mentioned on another thread in the 718 forum that indeed 718s don't have matrix LEDs available, so he removed 718s from the list.
Old 06-14-2023, 09:45 AM
1985fordltd
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

For people with the active matrix headlights who are considering this coding: it worked for me with my 2022 GT3.

A big shout-out to @rnlst_log who coded it remotely yesterday. I recommend talking to him. The car never left my garage. The process takes a couple hours and you need to get some hardware in advance. He also coded my windows so I can open and close them with my keychain.

Last night I took the car for a test drive on rural Maine roads, and the auto high beams rocked. It's most impressive when following another car on curvy roads. The high beams stay up, but a rectangle of darkness surrounds that car in front. It was a misty night last night, so I could see the beams in the air, highlighting how they turned off and on.

It works too for oncoming traffic, although it's harder to perceive because the headlights are in your eyes.

Anyway, great stuff. I'm glad now I paid for these lights.

As others have said I'll need to re-sync my garage doors, which I'll try today. (Edit: I did that just now and they synced fine. Homelink works great.)

Last edited by 1985fordltd; 06-14-2023 at 01:22 PM. Reason: More info
The following 7 users liked this post by 1985fordltd:
alin2 (06-26-2023), asuresh8 (07-11-2024), bigkraig (06-02-2024), Chris C. (06-28-2023), JAM2 (06-17-2023), raymort (06-14-2023), Type901 (06-14-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-26-2023, 10:49 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 105 Posts

For those who want to activate own Matrix yourself: below is the combinations code that work:
USA Matrix Code:8JU+8G4+AV2+B34+8K5 --CHANGE TO--EU MATRIX CODE:8JU+8G4+AV1+B01+8K8--Access to change this value is on Maintenance of vehicle data/F7
autocode these modules: BCM1,BCM2, KOMBI, ZFAS, AIRBAG, CONBOX, LED HEADLIGHT LEFT AND RIGHT, LCM_L/R
PCM.

The automatic coding turn HOMELINK frequency into EU, and Dashboard Languange to German, solution:
For homelink fix on BCM1 manual coding Without |Rule -- Garage-Door-opener-Coding-Values: Change back from 0x21000 to 0x25000 then Write.
To Change language and metric back to US English: in Vehicle Data-Change B01 back to B34, Then auto code: Kombi Instrument only. Done. Cycle ignition off, reconnect Piwis, Delete all errors code.
Final step: Revert the vehicle data back to their original value and save, but at this last step DO NOT autocode. i repeat DO NOT AUTOCODE.

Last edited by rnlst_log; 07-08-2023 at 02:28 PM.
The following 17 users liked this post by rnlst_log:
alin2 (06-26-2023), asuresh8 (07-11-2024), bigkraig (06-02-2024), catdog2 (06-28-2023), cosmos (06-26-2023), dogshyne (06-28-2023), GT3 Mike (02-15-2024), JAM2 (07-12-2023), Jbravo23 (06-26-2023), jfr0317 (06-26-2023), Kevin_ (01-05-2024), kitwetzler (01-23-2024), Mech33 (06-26-2023), nerdtalker (06-26-2023), raymort (06-26-2023), Todd C (06-26-2023), windscar911 (07-10-2024) and 12 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: Active Matrix LED comes to the US!!!