Sponsored by:

Active Matrix LED comes to the US!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2023, 02:32 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,801 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by NickM
So if one were to have a Sheet from the factory (buddy on the inside) that shows the exact codes that was flashed to the Car, and that 8G4 code turned out to be the FULL working Matrix functionality and that the website is simply wrong ( as we all know it has been many of times ) What say you then ?
Coding to 8G4 alone didn’t do the trick, At least not on a US spec car. Took me multiple tries to get it right. Coding to 8G4 did change the dancing of the lights but DID NOT enable full matrix.

Originally Posted by supershaft
Looks exactly what the lights do now before any activation
Actually it looks nothing like that.

I think some are confusing automatic high beam and matrix function. In the video above the high beams are enabled and shining everywhere but on the car in front.
The following 2 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
cosmos (05-04-2023), Diablo Dude (05-21-2024)
Old 05-04-2023, 03:45 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,229 Likes on 668 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Coding to 8G4 alone didn’t do the trick, At least not on a US spec car. Took me multiple tries to get it right. Coding to 8G4 did change the dancing of the lights but DID NOT enable full matrix.

Actually it looks nothing like that.

I think some are confusing automatic high beam and matrix function. In the video above the high beams are enabled and shining everywhere but on the car in front.
^ this. Everyone hears what they want to hear
Old 05-04-2023, 04:03 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmos
^ this. Everyone hears what they want to hear
what does that mean Cosmos?
Old 05-04-2023, 04:41 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dogshyne
what does that mean Cosmos?
What I’ve been saying. While Canada is not as short changed as the States, it still does not have full matrix capabilities like the ROW. It’s a modified version.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:12 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

What I’ve been saying. While Canada is not as short changed as the States, it still does not have full matrix capabilities like the ROW. It’s a modified version.
Got it.. I also believe CarManDSL posted yesterday from the Porsche Canada website that says the same thing... it looks like they could be programmed to have more functionality.
Old 05-04-2023, 05:28 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

^ this is true. They have some of the features as fully enabled Matrix, but not all.
Old 05-04-2023, 10:16 PM
NickM
Advanced

Received 88 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dogshyne
Got it.. I also believe CarManDSL posted yesterday from the Porsche Canada website that says the same thing... it looks like they could be programmed to have more functionality.
Question why does the Base Taycan not have said warning on the Canadian side for the Matrix lights......... kinda proves my point that the configurator is simply Wrong as it has been oh soo many times.

Also Can anyone explain what having 8G4 flashed to the car means if not full functionality. Given the Coding threads have proven them working with Video when swapping to 8G4 (with appropriate headlights)

Old 05-04-2023, 10:37 PM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NickM
Question why does the Base Taycan not have said warning on the Canadian side for the Matrix lights......... kinda proves my point that the configurator is simply Wrong as it has been oh soo many times.

Also Can anyone explain what having 8G4 flashed to the car means if not full functionality. Given the Coding threads have proven them working with Video when swapping to 8G4 (with appropriate headlights)
Not sure why the advertisement is not on the Taycan. In regards to 8G4, I believe it’s only one part of full functionality. It appears 8G4 enables Canadian type version of Matrix.

Last edited by cosmos; 05-04-2023 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-04-2023, 11:32 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

I got mine activated today with the help of a Rennlister. No real test yet, just the startup animation
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_1288.mov (9.12 MB, 273 views)
The following users liked this post:
rnlst_log (05-22-2023)
Old 05-07-2023, 04:41 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I got mine activated today with the help of a Rennlister. No real test yet, just the startup animation
Curious, did you require your own PIWIS to do it? I’d really like to have this done, but not sure if it’s worth it to buy a full PIWIS setup just to do so.
Old 05-07-2023, 05:39 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,240 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
Curious, did you require your own PIWIS to do it? I’d really like to have this done, but not sure if it’s worth it to buy a full PIWIS setup just to do so.
Yes you will need a PIWIS but not just any PIWIS - one that is not communicating with the Porsche servers. Using this modified PIWIS the Matrix can be encoded to function. Creating this PIWIS is not that expensive
Old 05-31-2023, 09:32 PM
NickM
Advanced

Received 88 Likes on 27 Posts

Not sure why the advertisement is not on the Taycan. In regards to 8G4, I believe it’s only one part of full functionality. It appears 8G4 enables Canadian type version of Matrix.

Curious Can you explain exactly what "Canadian type version of Matrix" entails ?

Per the Canadian manual it appears to say its fully functional " individual LED segments of the high beam headlights are activated or deactivated"

Waiting on PPF or i would have some video to post up as well.

Old 06-01-2023, 12:16 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
Yes you will need a PIWIS but not just any PIWIS - one that is not communicating with the Porsche servers. Using this modified PIWIS the Matrix can be encoded to function. Creating this PIWIS is not that expensive
Why the need to communicate with PAG?
Old 06-01-2023, 03:23 AM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by raymort
Why the need to communicate with PAG?
A legit licensed PIWIS is always connected to the Internet, (A) to continuously phone home to Germany that your license is valid and (B) to check if any parameters you are trying to enter shouldn't be allowed.

E.g., are you trying to code a car with a US VIN, with European matrix-light functionality? In this case, the legit PIWIS will be commanded, to not to allow the change after checking in with the PAG master server.

That's why this hack involves creating a PIWIS clone on a standalone laptop. The PIWIS clone, unlike the legit PIWIS, has the "phone home" functions disabled so that you can make these kinds of changes without being blocked by the master server.
Old 06-01-2023, 07:17 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,252 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Originally Posted by r00t61
A legit licensed PIWIS is always connected to the Internet, (A) to continuously phone home to Germany that your license is valid and (B) to check if any parameters you are trying to enter shouldn't be allowed.

E.g., are you trying to code a car with a US VIN, with European matrix-light functionality? In this case, the legit PIWIS will be commanded, to not to allow the change after checking in with the PAG master server.

That's why this hack involves creating a PIWIS clone on a standalone laptop. The PIWIS clone, unlike the legit PIWIS, has the "phone home" functions disabled so that you can make these kinds of changes without being blocked by the master server.
This is not true. If you have used one, you would know that you are able to code a car without communicating with PAG.

Quick Reply: Active Matrix LED comes to the US!!!