Sponsored by:

Think you may enjoy this😉

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 04:59 AM
JOSCAL
Racer

Received 258 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Think you may enjoy this😉

Just stumbled across this, GT3 in the snow!
Old 04-11-2023, 07:44 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,975 Likes on 1,932 Posts

Originally Posted by JOSCAL
Just stumbled across this, GT3 in the snow!
https://youtu.be/Vq5lSzMmgJo
+100 for this!

Highly recommend _ANY_ ICE driving courses one can attend - they are not only fun but really really improve one's track driving! Porsche has a great progression of skills courses and you can take them in Montreal and Finland - excellent events, fun, excellent instruction, and real improvement in driving skills and driver development. I've enjoy'd all my courses over the years and I've met some wonderful people!

I also recommend dirtfish rally school outside Seattle - same skill set, but you can attend year round and they provide a similar excellent driving skills development course, but in beater subaru's (which is ok cause there is a lot of rocks and mud and few porsche owners would want to take their cars on those types of courses)

drifting, ice driving, and rally driving is beyond fun and as I said a great development progression for anyone serious about their driving - it will improve all your driving in all circumstances!
Old 04-11-2023, 09:23 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,833 Likes on 539 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche

I also recommend dirtfish rally school outside Seattle - same skill set, but you can attend year round and they provide a similar excellent driving skills development course, but in beater subaru's (which is ok cause there is a lot of rocks and mud and few porsche owners would want to take their cars on those types of courses)
Done Dirtfish several times and loved it. They actually team up with Subaru and put on the Subaru Winter Driving Experience every year up on a frozen lake in Eagle River Wisconsin which I have done as well and is a complete blast ... basically, along with rock crawling in Moab, the most fun one can have in a car driving under 50mph. They shut it down during covid but I hear they are restarting it next winter. It's a lot less expensive than the other winter driving schools and relatively easy to get to, and it's great to build the skills to get more out of the more fancypants winter experiences one might subsequently wish to attend.
The following 2 users liked this post by soulsea:
Apex Ace (04-11-2023), daveo4porsche (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 11:48 AM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,189 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Done Dirtfish several times and loved it. They actually team up with Subaru and put on the Subaru Winter Driving Experience every year up on a frozen lake in Eagle River Wisconsin which I have done as well and is a complete blast ... basically, along with rock crawling in Moab, the most fun one can have in a car driving under 50mph. They shut it down during covid but I hear they are restarting it next winter. It's a lot less expensive than the other winter driving schools and relatively easy to get to, and it's great to build the skills to get more out of the more fancypants winter experiences one might subsequently wish to attend.
very interesting about Eagle River. I’m from Wisconsin very familiar with Eagle River didn’t know they were running a driving school. The only driving up there in the winter. I thought was snow mobiles.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:12 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by soulsea
+100 for _ANY_ of these schools - BMW/Ferrarri and others also have winter driving schools -

these guys also look like a blast - and they run old-school air cooled 911's in rally style locations…I can not personally vouch for them - but they are on my list to try!!

https://www.jankalmar.com

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 04-11-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-11-2023, 12:59 PM
X-PH.COM - MIKE
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 279 Likes on 252 Posts

Old 04-11-2023, 03:41 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,153 Likes on 5,284 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
+100 for _ANY_ of these schools - BMW/Ferrarri and others also have winter driving schools -

these guys also look like a blast - and they run old-school air cooled 911's in rally style locations…I can not personally vouch for them - but they are on my list to try!!

https://www.jankalmar.com
The Pilota On Ice was a blast.

The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (04-11-2023)
Old 04-11-2023, 04:10 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,153 Likes on 5,284 Posts

An oldie but a goodie.

Old 04-11-2023, 04:48 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
oh yes! on the website now - may have found my next bucket list item…aircooled 911's on studded tires on a ice course! ummmm can you say +skill level - I knew you could!!
Old 04-11-2023, 11:20 PM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 74 Posts

I agree, ice driving is about the most fun you can have in a road car. I did Bentley’s Power on Ice program in Ruka, Finland almost 20 years ago. Multiple WRC Champion, Juha Kankinnen was our lead instructor and riding shotgun with him at speed on a frozen lake in a Flying Spur W12 with studded Pirellis was definitely a bucket list item.

Quick Reply: Think you may enjoy this😉