Sponsored by:

Need help and guidance regarding RS allocation

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 12:01 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
It's hard to believe for some folks on here that good dealers still exist but some of the peanut gallery will try to say that you guy screwed on your trade in because they had to pay an ADM to get their cars. One can only wish that PCNA pulling allocations from stealers who don't even take care of their best customers.
Yeah for sure

i don’t feel screwed, nor does the dealer.

But it’s all cyclical, we’re wasting time on the bickering

i am annoyed that I took the kooks bait though

Last edited by User 81423; 04-17-2023 at 12:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 12:06 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,109 Likes on 2,353 Posts

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
Yeah for sure

i don’t feel screwed, nor does the dealer.

But it’s all cyclical, we’re wasting time on the bickering
Exactly, I don't see how anyone gets screwed when both sides benefit. I wish there were more dealers like yours and mine out there.
User 81423 (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 11:30 AM
lawrence1
Rennlist Member

Received 366 Likes on 209 Posts

Not sure how anyone can expect a business to literally hand them $125K+ by selling them a car for that much under market value (at MSRP). Sure, if you're a known whale, or an absolute known quantity customer, the dealer may do you a solid knowing you'll vacuum up other inventory when offered to you, but there is generally an understanding that those cars cycle back through the same dealer when it's time to move them.

OP, are you trading in your 991.2 GT3? If so, what would you expecting to get for it on trade?

I mean look at all the new GT cars that are being flipped with delivery miles. Lots of those were bought for MSRP on a b.s. pretext that they're keepers, etc. only to be flipped immediately after delivery. Too much of an incentive for this type of behavior when one can net $75k-$100K out of a flip deal.

If market values were $10-$20k over, the story would be much different. The only thing the dealer did poorly here IMO is that they didn't call you to return your deposit sooner.
catdog2 (04-18-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 01:34 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

@Leo_g huh?

992 GT3 I paid sticker and my car arrived #1 before the dealer owner (purely by fluke.)

992 GT3RS sticker again and I received #1 allocation and deferred to a later build date so I could spec carbon ceramics. My order slot just came back and looks like I’ll get PTS (lucky again.) - Brewster green.

I do not call all over the country

same dealer for 15 years
they are amazing people

I don’t put down deposit

they just call me when the car arrives and I hand write a check for it. No funds verification, we trust each other after 15 years.

I bring my cars back to them when I’m done and they pay fair wholesale value. They maximize profits as that’s their core business. Fair trade, those are my guys.

OP - sorry again that happened to you, it’s really ****. Porsche is cracking down on the markups by pulling allocations from the bad actors. Stay in the game, you’ll get one.

And hey, at least you’re not Leo. Count your blessings.

see ya on the road ✌️
I dont have any issue with this method. Its awesome you get to enjoy some amazing cars, and the dealership continues to maximize profits. But make no mistake, the part in bold is a form of ADM. Dont believe me, stop trading your cars in when you try to purchase new ones at MSRP and see how quickly the allocations dry up.
The following 2 users liked this post by RossP:
Diablo Dude (04-17-2023), Leo_g (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 01:43 PM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

At least, no rioting as with the cabbage patch dolls.

https://abc7ny.com/cabbage-patch-dol...vault/5713681/
Old 04-17-2023, 01:44 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by RossP
I dont have any issue with this method. Its awesome you get to enjoy some amazing cars, and the dealership continues to maximize profits. But make no mistake, the part in bold is a form of ADM. Dont believe me, stop trading your cars in when you try to purchase new ones at MSRP and see how quickly the allocations dry up.
Bingo.
Those allocations will dry up faster than you can blink an eye.

Peruna (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 03:35 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

I’ve done both. No change to allocations

fair wholesale value means I drive the car for free
zero net cash lost

So hypocritical to play by a double standard while you’re all screaming bloody murder about ADM

Last edited by User 81423; 04-17-2023 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:56 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Bingo.
Those allocations will dry up faster than you can blink an eye.
Demonstrably false in my experience, but think whatever you want.
whatever helps you sleep at night
Old 04-17-2023, 05:58 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Demonstrably false in my experience, but think whatever you want.
whatever helps you sleep at night
He'll never believe you because the thought of getting an GT allocation at MSRP without getting raped on a trade in would blow his mind. Again, this local area stealers don't know the definition of a mutually beneficial relationship.
Old 04-17-2023, 06:28 PM
Leo_g
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts
Talking

I dont have any issue with this method. It's awesome you get to enjoy some amazing cars, and the dealership continues to maximize profits. But make no mistake, the part in bold is a form of ADM. Dont believe me, stop trading your cars in when you try to purchase new ones at MSRP and see how quickly the allocations dry up.
Let L2 be happy ... He's paying MSRP and that's what important the most. Note that he's using the term "fair wholesale value". It's not fair market value. That is a hint for the implicit ADM.
RossP (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 06:47 PM
porsche518
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 31 Posts

I hate to see posts like this and customers frustrated. Porsche is losing a part of what made them so appealing to begin with.
The following 2 users liked this post by porsche518:
usctrojanGT3 (04-17-2023), User 81423 (04-17-2023)
Old 04-17-2023, 07:08 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Leo_g
Let L2 be happy ... He's paying MSRP and that's what important the most. Note that he's using the term "fair wholesale value". It's not fair market value. That is a hint for the implicit ADM.
yep you got me

im speaking in code
Old 04-17-2023, 11:12 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

yep you got me

im speaking in code
See what they are saying is that you got royally bent over with no lube because you didn't get full retail price for your GT3 because only then can you say that you truly got your car for MSRP. Get the car for MSRP and sell it privately for the top retail dollar on BAT, you and I totally F'ed up. Oh wait, how is that a mutually beneficially business relationship for both us the dealer....seems like we are getting our cake and eating it too....and then we might get a nasty call/email from the dealer and/or PCNA to stop or else we are black listed. Yeah no thanks, I'm fine trading that I get wholesale for the cars that I trade back in to my dealer since they have me what I wanted (MSRP allocations).
Old 04-17-2023, 11:34 PM
RossP
Rennlist Member

Received 281 Likes on 175 Posts

He'll never believe you because the thought of getting an GT allocation at MSRP without getting raped on a trade in would blow his mind. Again, this local area stealers don't know the definition of a mutually beneficial relationship.
Lets explore this. He buys a GT car at MSRP. Owns/drives it for a while. Then decides to trade it back to the dealer for the next new Porsche GT car. For arguments sake lets say the dealer gives him MSRP back for the trade. As he alluded to in a later post he gets to basically "drive the car for free". But wait........then the dealer turns around and sells his old car for 50k over MSRP. How could this be?

Lets at least be honest about whats happening here.

Last edited by RossP; 04-17-2023 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:54 PM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

See what they are saying is that you got royally bent over with no lube because you didn't get full retail price for your GT3 because only then can you say that you truly got your car for MSRP. Get the car for MSRP and sell it privately for the top retail dollar on BAT, you and I totally F'ed up. Oh wait, how is that a mutually beneficially business relationship for both us the dealer....seems like we are getting our cake and eating it too....and then we might get a nasty call/email from the dealer and/or PCNA to stop or else we are black listed. Yeah no thanks, I'm fine trading that I get wholesale for the cars that I trade back in to my dealer since they have me what I wanted (MSRP allocations).
yes 100% nailed it on the head
how can I expect dealer to sell me a car at sticker and then I turn around and proclaim free markets and flip it

i am not a car dealer, my day job keeps me plenty busy

Lets explore this. He buys a GT car at MSRP. Owns/drives it for a while. Then decides to trade it back to the dealer for the next new Porsche GT car. For arguments sake lets say the dealer gives him MSRP back for the trade. As he alluded to in a later post he gets to basically "drive the car for free". But wait........then the dealer turns around and sells his old car for 50k over MSRP. How could this be?

Let’s at least be honest about whats happening here.
Yes you explained it
whats your confusion

dealer selling used car at 50k over is still well below market rate
i know the second buyer, local guy
he was thrilled
and now a new customer gets into the brand thru a positive experience

thats how you build

bravo to them
porsche.earth (04-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Need help and guidance regarding RS allocation