Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine control error Driving permitted / PSM failure

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2022, 04:06 PM
nerdtalker
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

To close the loop on this one, dealer cleared the codes and OKed me for a track day the next day. No codes have returned, but also no root cause found. I'm at a few hundred miles additional since the issue.
NO WARRANTY CLAIM SUBMITTED USING THE PIWIS TESTER CREATED AND SUBMITTED VEHICLE ANALYSIS LOG, FAULT CODE P010600 implausible, Intake manifold pressure sensor STORED FAULT WAS Signal A ONE TIME OCCURRENCE AND IS NOT A PRESENT FAULT. CLEARED FAULTS AND TEST DROVE, PERFORMED VISUAL CHECK ON THE INTAKE SYSTEM CHECKING FOR LEAKS NONE FOUND, no problem found, at this time the GT3 is running normal, fault has not returned, for the time being nothing else we can do. VERIFIED VEHICLE OPERATES CORRECTLY WITHOUT FAULT RETURN OR FAILURE
The following users liked this post:
Mercuriell (04-09-2022)
Old 12-04-2023, 02:03 PM
mkaplan
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2023 GT3 992 Touring has the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they put in a new fuel pump. That didnt correct the problem. It only comes on at idle. After you drive a few miles it goes off. Dealer said Porsche is aware and it’s a software problem. Porsche is supposedly working on updating software but to date nothing has been done.
Old 12-04-2023, 10:16 PM
nullspace
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 53 Posts

This is exactly why my car went in this morning, and I got the same diagnosis. Bad fuel pump (waiting for parts) and future software update. They said they're seeing this on a lot of 992 GT3s, so I'm not too worried. If it's common it will get fixed.

Originally Posted by mkaplan
My 2023 GT3 992 Touring has the same problem. Took it to the dealer and they put in a new fuel pump. That didnt correct the problem. It only comes on at idle. After you drive a few miles it goes off. Dealer said Porsche is aware and it’s a software problem. Porsche is supposedly working on updating software but to date nothing has been done.
The following users liked this post:
sparetireless (12-05-2023)

Quick Reply: Engine control error Driving permitted / PSM failure