Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Tires - Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport R

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 02:58 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Has anyone experienced these tires in the rain? Any feedback?
Old 10-05-2022, 06:07 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by ispool
Has anyone experienced these tires in the rain? Any feedback?
On the track they are useless compared to Cup2s in the wet. After one wet session at OIR I called it quits. Cup2s are not bad in the rain. Cup2s in N0 are also a bit better than the goodyears in the dry.
The following users liked this post:
Peruna (10-06-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 06:29 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,643 Likes on 933 Posts

Not the same tire, but same philosophy by Goodyear. I just swapped out my Cup 2's on my GT4 for the Goodyear Supercar 3 tires and they are a HUGE upgrade!!!. They have much stiffer sidewalls, which makes the whole platform and chassis more laterally stable, they are NOT bi-compound like the Cup2's, so if you have a lot of negative camber, you are constantly going back and forth from the two compounds on the Cup 2's.

The stiffer sidewalls not only make the car more laterally stable, it also allows the suspension to work a little better on the vertical plane. I have found that they have more grip than the Cup 2's and take a set in turns much better.

They are also cheaper to boot, it's a WIN, WIN, WIN

All of Goodyear's performance tires follow the stiff sidewall approach, and it is very noticable.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:29 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 629 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Not the same tire, but same philosophy by Goodyear. I just swapped out my Cup 2's on my GT4 for the Goodyear Supercar 3 tires and they are a HUGE upgrade!!!. They have much stiffer sidewalls, which makes the whole platform and chassis more laterally stable, they are NOT bi-compound like the Cup2's, so if you have a lot of negative camber, you are constantly going back and forth from the two compounds on the Cup 2's.

The stiffer sidewalls not only make the car more laterally stable, it also allows the suspension to work a little better on the vertical plane. I have found that they have more grip than the Cup 2's and take a set in turns much better.

They are also cheaper to boot, it's a WIN, WIN, WIN

All of Goodyear's performance tires follow the stiff sidewall approach, and it is very noticable.
I’m enjoying the OEM Goodyears on track. Best OEM Porsche tire for me so far.

I wish the 3Rs were available in more sizes to try.

Quick Reply: OEM Tires - Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport R