Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GT3 Cars For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2022, 07:15 PM
Zero757
Instructor

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

So by deduction of all of the above and some additional post 2nd lunch Martini speculation, a manual, PTS close to smurf blue Touring should fetch around $400K
Old 03-18-2022, 07:34 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Rzani
Yes, it seems like manuals are selling for more than the PDKs at this point. I would expect the value gap between the two to grow. I read something along the lines of a 70% manual take rate for North American GT3s. Whenever that final NA GT3 generation offered in manual happens (the next iteration possibly or maybe this one although unlikely), I would imagine they would appreciate dramatically.
For the love of god, none of you have any evidence to support your speculation. The PDK is a clearly superior system by any measure. If you want old technology then why buy anything after the first generation GT3. This hanging on to a manual baffles me. I finally went from manual to PDK 3 years ago and I’m never going back.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Mojo Risin:
RUF RS (03-18-2022), Zero757 (03-19-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 07:39 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,926 Likes on 1,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
For the love of god, none of you have any evidence to support your speculation. The PDK is a clearly superior system by any measure. If you want old technology then why buy anything after the first generation GT3. This hanging on to a manual baffles me. I finally went from manual to PDK 3 years ago and I’m never going back.
It’s not speculation, look at the market, manuals sell for more than PDK. The majority of buyers don’t give a **** about which transmission can shave 1-3 seconds off a lap time, they care about the experience of driving. If it was always about fastest track times, they would go for the RS model.

Enjoy your PDK
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
Finlander (03-23-2022), NYCGT3 (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 07:44 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Originally Posted by PTS
It’s not speculation, look at the market, manuals sell for more than PDK. The majority of buyers don’t give a **** about which transmission can shave 1-3 seconds off a lap time, they care about the experience of driving. If it was always about fastest track times, they would go for the RS model.

Enjoy your PDK
show me to the manual car that sold for $50k more than the PDK that just sold on BAT for $299k. If you can’t then that is just speculation
Old 03-18-2022, 08:02 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

show me to the manual car that sold for $50k more than the PDK that just sold on BAT for $299k. If you can’t then that is just speculation
I never mentioned a $50k premium. There's also not enough secondary market (used market data) to support any premiums for transmission preference yet for the 992. The newest data to use for that comparison are the 991.2 GT3's, and manuals are selling for $15-40k more on average.

Your argument about the manual being outdated and inferior does not apply to perceived market value at all. Is water cooled superior to air cooled? Sure is, yet the 993 911s sell for far more than 997s do, and the 997 is a newer car. Sometimes people dig old/inferior tech for the added experience it brings.
The following users liked this post:
subshooter (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 08:18 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Originally Posted by PTS
I never mentioned a $50k premium. There's also not enough secondary market (used market data) to support any premiums for transmission preference yet for the 992. The newest data to use for that comparison are the 991.2 GT3's, and manuals are selling for $15-40k more on average.

Your argument about the manual being outdated and inferior does not apply to perceived market value at all. Is water cooled superior to air cooled? Sure is, yet the 993 911s sell for far more than 997s do, and the 997 is a newer car. Sometimes people dig old/inferior tech for the added experience it brings.
I give up. Nothing to back up the claims above about a $50k premium. Drive it like you stole it!!
Old 03-18-2022, 08:28 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

First off, calm down man. I'm not attacking PDKs. Believe it or not, we are all different and we enjoy different things. For instance, I had the exact opposite experience you had. My last 911 was a Turbo S. I found it so boring to drive that I simply rarely drove it and sold it with less than 2500 miles on it. I did track that car and didn't care at all about the fact it was faster because that isn't important to me. I like the driving experience that a manual offers while at the same time I can appreciate the technological marvel that is the PDK, I would just rather my sports car be a manual transmission.

Is it speculation that manuals are selling for more? Yep (at least on my part it is) and If you want hard proof they are selling for more do the research yourself. I'm not your assistant. These are just my obersvations while looking at quite a few GT3s come up for sell. However, the take rate in the US being more than 70% is not speculation. Manual transmission GT3s, at least in the US, are far more popular than the PDKs...

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39478/...l-transmission
What makes you think I’m not calm? Both manual and PDK versions are great. If you prefer manual then I’m not going to change your mind. But don’t try to claim a $50k premium like it’s fact unless you have hard data. So unless you have that data, your speculation is worthless drivel.
Old 03-18-2022, 08:35 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

This "For the love of God", and then demanding proof.

Who claimed a $50k premium? Wasn't me. Wasn't the other guy who is responding. I said they "seem to be selling for more" and will "probably be more valuable in the future". That is all.
for the love of god 🤣
Old 03-18-2022, 08:37 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 729 Posts

I was a manual guy up until the 991.2 GT3 and went PDK, good transmission, but now ordering a MT for 992.

Values are well known, just look at BAT for 991.2 GT3…

Touring MT>wing MT>wing PDK.

value doesn’t equal performance. Just look at 993 prices.

we all have our preferences
The following 2 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
cooler2442 (03-18-2022), TukeeGatorGT3 (03-18-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:13 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I was a manual guy up until the 991.2 GT3 and went PDK, good transmission, but now ordering a MT for 992.

Values are well known, just look at BAT for 991.2 GT3…

Touring MT>wing MT>wing PDK.

value doesn’t equal performance. Just look at 993 prices.

we all have our preferences
For the love of god, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF
The following users liked this post:
Rzani (03-22-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:14 PM
JAMilford
Racer

Received 239 Likes on 118 Posts

I don't understand why there is so much emotion around which is more valuable ... touring vs winged, manual vs PDK, PTS/CXX vs Standard, etc. Gents (and Ladies) ..... we are all very privileged to enjoy these spectacular vehicles. I think I have posted this before but as the Grinch once put it ... "One Man's Trash is another Man's Potpourri". I honestly don't believe that many (if any) posters on Rennlist are actually including cars in their investment portfolio.

I think that it is fine to express your preference but why argue about it. If someone makes a declarative/definitive statement that is actually just opinion ... please cut them a little slack. I honestly feel that most posters do not have any ill intent and although many threads are truly entertaining (particularly the "ADM" and the "So the Cayman GT4 is the best" threads lately) I would like to suggest we try not to let emotional perspectives divert these posts.
The following 3 users liked this post by JAMilford:
atlrvr (03-24-2022), utahcraft (03-19-2022), WCGhost (03-21-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:22 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
For the love of god, WHERE IS YOUR PROOF
for the love of god, BAT
Old 03-18-2022, 09:28 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAMilford
I don't understand why there is so much emotion around which is more valuable ... touring vs winged, manual vs PDK, PTS/CXX vs Standard, etc. Gents (and Ladies) ..... we are all very privileged to enjoy these spectacular vehicles. I think I have posted this before but as the Grinch once put it ... "One Man's Trash is another Man's Potpourri". I honestly don't believe that many (if any) posters on Rennlist are actually including cars in their investment portfolio.

I think that it is fine to express your preference but why argue about it. If someone makes a declarative/definitive statement that is actually just opinion ... please cut them a little slack. I honestly feel that most posters do not have any ill intent and although many threads are truly entertaining (particularly the "ADM" and the "So the Cayman GT4 is the best" threads lately) I would like to suggest we try not to let emotional perspectives divert these posts.
there’s only one dude here getting uptight about values since he doesn’t realize MT always goes for more money on average on the used Porsche market… yet he wants someone to write a dissertation on 911 values before he accepts the fact
The following 2 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
PTS (03-18-2022), Rzani (03-22-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 09:34 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,266 Likes on 945 Posts

My gt3 is manual. Abs as long as they keep making porsche gt3 and I’m able to spec one, I’ll always get manual.

not because they are more valuable- (they are btw- auction prices and sales prices are higher). But because you can get paddles in any exotic.

Very few cars today are manual and it’s truly fun to row through the gears. If I get paddles, for me personally the car doesn’t have enough oomph for me to get excited. 500hp is on the low end of power in today’s world and for me what makes it enticing enough to want to get one is the ability to spec a manual.
The following 5 users liked this post by Yippiekiaye:
Aorta (03-20-2022), Carcam (03-18-2022), NYCGT3 (03-19-2022), PTS (03-18-2022), Rzani (03-22-2022)
Old 03-18-2022, 10:00 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
there’s only one dude here getting uptight about values since he doesn’t realize MT always goes for more money on average on the used Porsche market… yet he wants someone to write a dissertation on 911 values before he accepts the fact
I’m that dude. I don’t want a dissertation, I just want one of you true enthusiast dummies to show me one example of a manual 992 going for $50k more than a PDK. For the love of god!!

Quick Reply: 992 GT3 Cars For Sale