Sponsored by:

The reality of "MSRP" Lists

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 02:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
What I said two weeks ago and what I said now are two different things.
Yes. Yes, they are. And that was my point...

Two weeks ago you said that you had evidence (that you wouldn't share) that ADM's were coming down and that if we just wait a bit, we could all get one at or near MSRP. Now, two weeks later, you start a thread complaining about AMDs, and not being able to get a car at MSRP, etc. etc. You don't see just a wee bit of contradiction there?
Old 11-02-2021, 02:25 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,671 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
Here is our further dialogue with you clearly telling all of the uneducated how we can find MSRP is we do our homework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mojo Risin
Do tell with the name of the dealers
Sorry, I cant do that Do your own homework, they are out there

So you are the fake news and you have no credibility. In fact, why did you even start a new post? You could have merely added your new insight to your original post.
The purpose of the OP was simply to highlight MSRP lists not being very scientifically managed. I don't consider this and that other thread (which was more of a statement around things "improving" as far as the amount of markup) being the same, hence I created a new thread.

Do you work for the Forum Police by any chance? No one forces you to read particular threads and respond. Choose to ignore as I do to many other posts that I personally disagree. No need to get nasty and pollute the threads you don't like.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:28 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yes. Yes, they are. And that was my point...

Two weeks ago you said that you had evidence (that you wouldn't share) that ADM's were coming down and that if we just wait a bit, we could all get one at or near MSRP. Now, two weeks later, you start a thread complaining about AMDs, and not being able to get a car at MSRP, etc. etc. You don't see just a wee bit of contradiction there?
Not complaining Archi. Let me re-iterate : the MSRP lists that many rely on are not run as scientifically as one might think. This is what I wanted to share. Not complaining about ADMs. Simply stating that one could shortcut the MSRP list by agreeing to an ADM and dealers that advertise MSRP lists that appear "friendly" play games in the background.

Do you work for a dealer? Have a friend who works for one?
Old 11-02-2021, 02:28 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I have three amazing kids and not a lot of time to *ick around with pursuing a life long achievement of getting a GT at MSRP. Maybe when I retire. I also don't have any friends who would be impressed one way or another with that achievement - but it's awesome entertainment value on RL. Think of the advertising dollars alone that RL has generated from this content.
100% agree. I have a 718 GT4 specc'd just the way I like it, manual, buckets, PCCB, and I'm into it for $124k. My spec GT3 hits $200k before ADM and, other than maybe bragging rights, would offer me no more enjoyment as a street car than I'll get wringing out my GT4 for the next ten years. Maybe in retirement with more money than time left, I'll feel differently.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:29 PM
Mr Mojo Risin
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 108 Posts

The purpose of the OP was simply to highlight MSRP lists not being very scientifically managed. I don't consider this and that other thread (which was more of a statement around things "improving" as far as the amount of markup) being the same, hence I created a new thread.

Do you work for the Forum Police by any chance? No one forces you to read particular threads and respond. Choose to ignore as I do to many other posts that I personally disagree. No need to get nasty and pollute the threads you don't like.
I agree that no one should read your posts and wast time on fake news. I will henceforth ignore you.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:30 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Not complaining Archi. Let me re-iterate : the MSRP lists that many rely on are not run as scientifically as one might think. This is what I wanted to share. Not complaining about ADMs. Simply stating that one could shortcut the MSRP list by agreeing to an ADM and dealers that advertise MSRP lists that appear "friendly" play games in the background.

No. And why did you think that anyone on here thought these lists were 'scientific'? We all know there are basically two lists. One for the VIPs and one for every one else. If you're in the latter group, you're gonna either pay a big ADM or have to wait around to see if there are any crumbs left over. That's the nature of the beast and has been for a long time in the GT3 world. Did you not know that?
The following 2 users liked this post by Archimedes:
AlexCeres (11-02-2021), Fixinbones (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 02:35 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No. And why did you think that anyone on here thought these lists were 'scientific'? We all know there are basically two lists. One for the VIPs and one for every one else. If you're in the latter group, you're gonna either pay a big ADM or have to wait around to see if there are any crumbs left over. That's the nature of the beast and has been for a long time in the GT3 world. Did you not know that?
I think that was not the case in 2015. Then you are right, it became the case with 2016 GT3RS and remained to be the case till 2017 when it stopped being the case Then back to the way you describe until 2019 December.

I think you have a point but I wouldn't generalize it and say it's always that way. The car market like any other market has peaks and valleys. I dont think it's fair to say 100k ADM or 50k ADM has always been the case for GT3?

Regarding the VIP lists, I have heard similar statements over the years but not experience it myself. Perhaps dealers were playing these games but they were more discreet so to speak. Now they are more blatant in how they do this. That's all.
Old 11-02-2021, 02:40 PM
yesyoucan
Racer

Received 216 Likes on 90 Posts

A dealer recently got into an argument with me when I asked where I would be on their list. They basically said they dont disclose a) how many are on the list, b) what would be the going rate of the car when my turn comes c) on average how many allocations they get per year. So they want you to commit but they keep you in the dark. They say its MSRP but they also say it might not be MSRP when your turn comes. Every dealer is unique and I dont think you can trust that they will do what you think they will do with using their allocations.
Why do you think that you or anyone has the right to ask these questions?, let alone they answer it for you?

One can't be upset if they are asking questions that they don't have a right to ask and even be upset if they are lied to when they ask questions that they are not supposed to ask.

There's just so many naiive buyers (probably not even buyers anyways and sit on the sidelines just commenting) on car forums who post things that they think are scandolous...
Old 11-02-2021, 04:00 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

This is great entertainment for certain!!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Jimmy-D:
JAMilford (11-02-2021), jfr0317 (11-02-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 04:40 PM
iammacey
Burning Brakes

Received 376 Likes on 207 Posts

​​​​​​
Do you? Because you keep making posts like you are the subject matter expert. The issue is tonality in your posts. This post, and your other ADM post, both contain the tone that you have gained some piece of knowledge, that only you gained, and then gift to everyone else.

And when questioned or challenged, respond in a condescending way about damaging relationships with dealers, doing your own homework, etc...
I have no skin in this game. And you clearly have no desire to identify the root cause of why your posts draw the responses they do. Just know, it's not the fault of others nor their misinterpretation. It is amusing and entertaining though. And maybe that's what you're going after.
​​​​​
Old 11-02-2021, 05:07 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 285 Posts

I think that was not the case in 2015. Then you are right, it became the case with 2016 GT3RS and remained to be the case till 2017 when it stopped being the case Then back to the way you describe until 2019 December.

I think you have a point but I wouldn't generalize it and say it's always that way. The car market like any other market has peaks and valleys. I dont think it's fair to say 100k ADM or 50k ADM has always been the case for GT3?

Regarding the VIP lists, I have heard similar statements over the years but not experience it myself. Perhaps dealers were playing these games but they were more discreet so to speak. Now they are more blatant in how they do this. That's all.
My observation is "list" shenanigans have been going on since 2013 for the 991.1. (Can't say for the 997 gen.) It got progressively worse through the 991.2. Again that's just my experience.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:23 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by iammacey
​​​​​​
Do you? Because you keep making posts like you are the subject matter expert. The issue is tonality in your posts. This post, and your other ADM post, both contain the tone that you have gained some piece of knowledge, that only you gained, and then gift to everyone else.

And when questioned or challenged, respond in a condescending way about damaging relationships with dealers, doing your own homework, etc...
I have no skin in this game. And you clearly have no desire to identify the root cause of why your posts draw the responses they do. Just know, it's not the fault of others nor their misinterpretation. It is amusing and entertaining though. And maybe that's what you're going after.
​​​​​
Thanks for the feedback. Point taken (and I dont mean it sarcastically).
Old 11-02-2021, 05:42 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

A dealer recently got into an argument with me when I asked where I would be on their list. They basically said they dont disclose a) how many are on the list, b) what would be the going rate of the car when my turn comes c) on average how many allocations they get per year. So they want you to commit but they keep you in the dark. They say its MSRP but they also say it might not be MSRP when your turn comes.
Yeah I think if prospective buyers should ask a few targeted and specific questions like these. If they dealers respond with evasiveness that tells you all you need to know about the real state of play.

Dealerships can still change the rules on you partway through the process, but sometimes asking a few basic questions can at least warn you so you're not surprised later when your number never comes up. I wish more dealerships would just be transparent which would help people plan accordingly. Transparency and communication could help maintain relationships but right now dealers are having fun and making money with one-night stands.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:51 PM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Received 404 Likes on 165 Posts

Guys... Are we done with this yet? Literally cheap cars have ADMs today. Get over it. These threads are so useless. Some of us need to get outside and pay attention to what's going on in the world around them.

"If nobody agreed to adm the dealerships couldn't do this" << 99% of these guys either have spent many hundreds of thousands of dollars, or they're going to miss out this time. Yes, YES maybe a whole 12 dudes in the entire North America will get an MSRP gt3 without a history at the dealership. Wow. I'm so impressed that I forgot that I've been driving mine since August 30th while people still complain about literal supply and demand.

If you spent a million in the last ten years, maybe you'll get MSRP, CONGRATS! lmfao... /Rant
Old 11-02-2021, 06:26 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,460 Likes on 763 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyF1ve
Guys... Are we done with this yet? Literally cheap cars have ADMs today. Get over it. These threads are so useless. Some of us need to get outside and pay attention to what's going on in the world around them.

"If nobody agreed to adm the dealerships couldn't do this" << 99% of these guys either have spent many hundreds of thousands of dollars, or they're going to miss out this time. Yes, YES maybe a whole 12 dudes in the entire North America will get an MSRP gt3 without a history at the dealership. Wow. I'm so impressed that I forgot that I've been driving mine since August 30th while people still complain about literal supply and demand.

If you spent a million in the last ten years, maybe you'll get MSRP, CONGRATS! lmfao... /Rant
Things are literally crazy.

I get inflation( over-used today in my opinion) but what is really happening to most Products/Services right now is price gouging and the reason every one is getting away with it is because people willing to pay these inflated prices. As soon as people stop paying and that is when "inflation" will stop. I guess we just have to wait until people start running out of their savings that they accrued over the Pandemic and then you will see prices dropping on most things.

Quick Reply: The reality of "MSRP" Lists