Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2023, 04:25 PM
Monsignor-Juan
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Icegrill
Don’t worry here is the official vag schedule frol earlier in this thread.
Tracking the actual location of the ships (Heritage Leader, Gentle Leader and Crystal Ray) it seems the nykroro.com site is more accurate than the Volkswagen list. Crystal Ray is another company, but it is reported to be on its way to Benicia, no mention of San Diego. Only the Gentle Leader shows San Diego as a stop (Dec 4), after a stop at Long Beach. Maybe the cars are not on the ships we think they are on. Oh well, it keeps us busy.

It doesn't matter. The car will arrive when I am out of town and I won't see it until beginning of January.
Old 11-23-2023, 05:12 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,741 Likes on 1,830 Posts

Originally Posted by Monsignor-Juan
Tracking the actual location of the ships (Heritage Leader, Gentle Leader and Crystal Ray) it seems the nykroro.com site is more accurate than the Volkswagen list. Crystal Ray is another company, but it is reported to be on its way to Benicia, no mention of San Diego. Only the Gentle Leader shows San Diego as a stop (Dec 4), after a stop at Long Beach. Maybe the cars are not on the ships we think they are on. Oh well, it keeps us busy.

It doesn't matter. The car will arrive when I am out of town and I won't see it until beginning of January.
I'll go even further and call out the the posted VW list is simply wrong - I'm tracking the Crystal Ray and so far none of the Crystal Ray's published dates have matched reality - dates have been wrong, ports have been visited that are not on the list, ports on the list have been skipped - etc…

so I'm not sure what the accuracy would be for other boats given that so far the Crystal Ray's published itinerary has been nearly 100% inaccurate…

for now the online carge ship tracking sites indicated Crystal Ray is heading to Benicia and expects @ 7 pm Nov. 26th local time - I hope that's true for my personal vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 05:43 PM
lizhibupt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I'll go even further and call out the the posted VW list is simply wrong - I'm tracking the Crystal Ray and so far none of the Crystal Ray's published dates have matched reality - dates have been wrong, ports have been visited that are not on the list, ports on the list have been skipped - etc…

so I'm not sure what the accuracy would be for other boats given that so far the Crystal Ray's published itinerary has been nearly 100% inaccurate…

for now the online carge ship tracking sites indicated Crystal Ray is heading to Benicia and expects @ 7 pm Nov. 26th local time - I hope that's true for my personal vehicle.
Congrats on your arriving vehicle. Looks like the port of Benicia is currently clogged and tons of cars are just getting stuck pending for transportation. My car’s been sitting there since Nov 6 so really hope this labor shortage sh*t end soon
daveo4porsche (11-23-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 06:02 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lizhibupt
Congrats on your arriving vehicle. Looks like the port of Benicia is currently clogged and tons of cars are just getting stuck pending for transportation. My car’s been sitting there since Nov 6 so really hope this labor shortage sh*t end soon
my friends car was "dislodged" after an eMail got sent questioning why it was being "stored" at the facility for 2+ weeks?

maybe that helped? or maybe it had nothing to do with it...one will never know.
Old 11-23-2023, 06:04 PM
lizhibupt
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 50 Posts

my friends car was "dislodged" after an eMail got sent questioning why it was being "stored" at the facility for 2+ weeks?

maybe that helped? or maybe it had nothing to do with it...one will never know.
​Thanks for the information! Actually I ​did the same thing! I also call Porsche NA but unfortunately neither of them help much.
Old 11-23-2023, 07:42 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 912 Likes on 434 Posts

this is why I’m hopeful the 11/29 SanDiego date is correct! It doesn’t show up anywhere except the pwl schedule.
Old 11-24-2023, 02:07 AM
Monsignor-Juan
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

ay chihuahua . . . The ships will sink and we will never see our natural leather interior. I will leave it to the beautiful fates.

daveo4porsche (11-24-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 08:58 AM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

Received 43 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Icegrill
this is why I’m hopeful the 11/29 SanDiego date is correct! It doesn’t show up anywhere except the pwl schedule.
Not sure if 11/29 is feasible now since the Crystal Ray is anchored in San Fran for the second day. Also, why isn't the San Diego port schedule not showing it as incoming?

Ship.pdf (windows.net)
Old 11-28-2023, 09:45 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by The Pope
Not sure if 11/29 is feasible now since the Crystal Ray is anchored in San Fran for the second day. Also, why isn't the San Diego port schedule not showing it as incoming?

Ship.pdf (windows.net)
according to the port master in Benicia - the Crystal Ray is expected in the Benicia port on 11/29 - I highly doubt it's stopping in San Diego after it leaves Benicia but I may be wrong. I found the published schedule to be highly inaccurate.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:30 AM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

according to the port master in Benicia - the Crystal Ray is expected in the Benicia port on 11/29 - I highly doubt it's stopping in San Diego after it leaves Benicia but I may be wrong. I found the published schedule to be highly inaccurate.
There are VAG cars destined for So Cal dealers on that ship. I doubt that a San Diego stop will not happen.
Old 11-28-2023, 10:44 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts
Thumbs up

Yes, I am the Benicia Master.
Looks like the New Century2 departed late yesterday and the Viking Adventure came into port late last night and is docked at the Port of Benicia.
Once it departs, the Crystal Ray will come in tomorrow.

daveo4porsche (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 10:46 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

There are VAG cars destined for So Cal dealers on that ship. I doubt that a San Diego stop will not happen.
no reason they can't truck them from Benicia - the ships tend to have a "loop" - I'll be surprised if it goes to San Diego…

my 2020 Taycan's port of entry was Houston - so they drop them where they drop them and they can truck the remaining distance.
Old 11-28-2023, 11:14 AM
The Pope
Holy Guru
Rennlist
Registered Pontiff

A new schedule showing San Diego on 12/02...😉
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Transatlatic-cw48.pdf (159.2 KB, 79 views)
daveo4porsche (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 02:17 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 912 Likes on 434 Posts

Ship.pdf (windows.net)
Thank you so much! I’m on Heritage Leader so this is very helpful.
Old 11-29-2023, 10:17 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Crystal Ray is docked in Benicia, CA - has been since about 4 am local time Nov. 29th, 2023 - congratulations to anyone with their car on this boat for this destination.
The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
Icegrill (11-29-2023), semeku (11-29-2023)

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA