Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2023, 08:28 PM
LALTX
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
At this point, watching TYD for an update or speaking with your SA isnt very helpful.

When the vessel is on the West Coast, all you have to do is track it.
According to the website Marine Traffic, the Glovis Courage departed San Diego today around 5:08 AM PST.

When my vessel came into Benicia on Dec. 23rd it docked at 1:49 AM on a Friday and they started unloading cars the next morning at 10:30 AM (I watched them unload).
The vessel left later that night around 11:00 PM for Korea. They didnt even bother to stay in port for the weekend with Xmas being on Sunday, the 25th.
Such as life on the high seas!

My SA called me the following Monday, Dec. 26th and said that my car was "ready for transit".
The following day, the car shows up at my local dealership, which is only 14 miles away from the port. The car underwent PDI two days later
and I picked it up a few days later on Sunday, Jan. 1st after it stopped pouring rain for several days straight.

For whatever reason, my turnaround time at the port was surprisingly quick. No issues with the car whatsoever.
And it was pretty clear that Porsche techs at the port were working hard to get these cars out to the dealer before year end. They literally processed my car in one day on Dec. 24th.

Thanks for the data points. Hoping for a similarly fast turnaround in SD now.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (01-07-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 09:31 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Well, good news is the SFL conductor docked at 3am this morning. I am hoping that since there was such a scarcity of RORO boats docking over past 1-2 weeks, VPC is clear and our cars will process quickly
LALTX (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 12:15 PM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by dogshyne
my dealer said it will probably update Monday too... but on the tyd website hack, it says the car isn't in port and it also gives some coordinates of where they think the car is (still on the boat). 32.596382, -119.240543

it matches up with the coordinates of Glovis Courage in the pacific heading to Benecia.

I am wondering if we don't need to use all these tracking websites to follow the ship and if the satellite coordinates have always been hidden on the tyd hacked website and we can find them there for the whole trip.

would need someone on another ship to check out for sure but I will follow GC to Benecia and see if it matches up.
I am in a similar situation. My car was on the Sunshine Ace, which docked in Houston on Friday night, left yesterday. Car was (hopefully) unloaded, but TYD is still tracking the ship and has the car on the boat headed for Mexico. I assume once the the car is processed in Houston it will update.

Old 01-08-2023, 12:26 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

I'm waiting at Emden.... Any info on what are the next several ships to load out of there, bound for Houston?
Old 01-08-2023, 01:07 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by speedyj
Well, good news is the SFL conductor docked at 3am this morning. I am hoping that since there was such a scarcity of RORO boats docking over past 1-2 weeks, VPC is clear and our cars will process quickly
Noted the same and confirmed by Track My AirTag lol. Just 8 days behind schedule. Hoping I see the car by months end.
Old 01-08-2023, 01:11 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
Noted the same and confirmed by Track My AirTag lol. Just 8 days behind schedule. Hoping I see the car by months end.

has your car been offloaded?
Old 01-08-2023, 08:17 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Waiting for Houston.
Old 01-08-2023, 09:20 PM
MegaManJW
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned, I see the Conductor moored at 3am and is now destined for Houston. However, there is no departure time listed on any of the tracking sites. Is there a possibility the vessel was not unloaded and is being re-routed to unload in Houston? I realize anything is possible - but as far as likelihood is concerned, I guess. Just trying to prepare my impatient mind for the worst here…
Old 01-08-2023, 09:46 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MegaManJW
As mentioned, I see the Conductor moored at 3am and is now destined for Houston. However, there is no departure time listed on any of the tracking sites. Is there a possibility the vessel was not unloaded and is being re-routed to unload in Houston? I realize anything is possible - but as far as likelihood is concerned, I guess. Just trying to prepare my impatient mind for the worst here…
Zero chance. The free version of the trackers won't update until shortly before it leaves port.
Old 01-08-2023, 10:00 PM
MegaManJW
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by signes
Zero chance. The free version of the trackers won't update until shortly before it leaves port.
Thanks! Vesselfinder just updated it as well.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:01 AM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

not they definitely unload. Roro typically unload fast…. And move on
Old 01-09-2023, 09:40 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Not a chance.
The SFL Conductor left Sparrows Point (Baltimore) last night.

Old 01-09-2023, 09:54 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I'm waiting at Emden.... Any info on what are the next several ships to load out of there, bound for Houston?
Mine too. I posted the above email from Ingrid which didn't have much data in it.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:07 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TN_3
I am in a similar situation. My car was on the Sunshine Ace, which docked in Houston on Friday night, left yesterday. Car was (hopefully) unloaded, but TYD is still tracking the ship and has the car on the boat headed for Mexico. I assume once the the car is processed in Houston it will update.
Tyd looks like it is way behind for some reason. I'm on a different ship and experiencing same stuff.
Old 01-09-2023, 10:12 AM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by dogshyne
Tyd looks like it is way behind for some reason. I'm on a different ship and experiencing same stuff.
My TYD updated last night to reflect the car reaching the port on 1/7 and is currently in port processing.
speedyj (01-09-2023)

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA