Sponsored by:

Shipping schedule Emden - USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2023, 02:25 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Originally Posted by MegaManJW
I am waiting for the SFL Conductor as well - and ultimately delivery to Chicago. Was counting on it this week based on TYD and timeline. Now I’m wondering if I’ll even see it next week. Is there any way to contact Port of Baltimore or find out berthing schedule?
I posted this on the 992 board on January 4th:

SFL CONDUCTOR

Since I have nothing better to do and my GT3 Touring came into the Port of Benicia and got processed with lightning speed (1 day) on Dec. 24th and is now sitting in my garage nice and comfy during our storm out here on the West Coast, I called the Port of Baltimore and spoke to a very helpful Administrator. She told me that the agent for the SFL Conductor is Norton Lilly Intl., and the ship is going to a private terminal at the Port called "Trade Point Atlantic".

I was able to network my way to the actual Agent that handles the SFL Conductor.
His name is Sam and he tells me that they have tremendous port congestion after the Holidays.
He said the best case scenario for the SFL Conductor would be for it to dock in the early hours of January 7th.

Hope this helps my fellow Porschephiles!
The following 2 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
LALTX (01-06-2023), speedyj (01-06-2023)
Old 01-06-2023, 06:11 PM
MegaManJW
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you! This is super helpful. Crossing my fingers for the wee hours of 01/07. If that were to happen, there is a (slim) chance I could see it end of next week! Or…that’s just another unrealistic timeline I will buy into only to have my hopes crushed for 15th time throughout this process. I’ll never learn.
Old 01-06-2023, 06:19 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by MegaManJW
Thank you! This is super helpful. Crossing my fingers for the wee hours of 01/07. If that were to happen, there is a (slim) chance I could see it end of next week! Or…that’s just another unrealistic timeline I will buy into only to have my hopes crushed for 15th time throughout this process. I’ll never learn.
Youre very welcome.
Unfortunately, it looks like it's still out in the bay at anchor as of 5:14 PM Eastern.

MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

Old 01-07-2023, 02:51 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 416 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
I posted this on the 992 board on January 4th:

SFL CONDUCTOR

Since I have nothing better to do and my GT3 Touring came into the Port of Benicia and got processed with lightning speed (1 day) on Dec. 24th and is now sitting in my garage nice and comfy during our storm out here on the West Coast, I called the Port of Baltimore and spoke to a very helpful Administrator. She told me that the agent for the SFL Conductor is Norton Lilly Intl., and the ship is going to a private terminal at the Port called "Trade Point Atlantic".

I was able to network my way to the actual Agent that handles the SFL Conductor.
His name is Sam and he tells me that they have tremendous port congestion after the Holidays.
He said the best case scenario for the SFL Conductor would be for it to dock in the early hours of January 7th.

Hope this helps my fellow Porschephiles!
Very cool thanks. Still Ottinger there...
Old 01-07-2023, 07:43 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LALTX
For anyone watching, the Glovis Courage is supposed to be in San Diego this evening at 6pm PT!
Glovis courage landed in San Diego on Thursday evening but my tyd doesn't show that it is in port... Just says 'on vessel'. It's a socal car so it should be getting off here.

Does anyone else have a socal car on Glovis Courage where your tyd says something different?

Last edited by dogshyne; 01-07-2023 at 08:14 AM.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:21 AM
LALTX
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by dogshyne
Glovis courage landed in San Diego on Thursday evening but my tyd doesn't show that it is in port... Just says 'on vessel'. It's a socal car so it should be getting off here.

Does anyone else have a socal car on Glovis Courage where your tyd says something different?
I believe everything should update this morning. Glovis Courage just left the dock this morning and now is headed out of the bay on its way to Benicia. Given that the ship is now departed SD, our cars have to be unloaded. Hopefully just a matter of days now!

I'll be curious to know when your TYD updates. My SA is clearly going off the same info you are getting.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:23 AM
dogshyne
Instructor

I believe everything should update this morning. Glovis Courage just left the dock this morning and now is headed out of the bay on its way to Benicia. Given that the ship is now departed SD, our cars have to be unloaded. Hopefully just a matter of days now!

I'll be curious to know when your TYD updates. My SA is clearly going off the same info you are getting.
Do u have a socal car that was on Glovis courage and your tyd says on vessel now too?

It looks like the ship started moving again now but no tyd updates yet for me.

Last edited by dogshyne; 01-07-2023 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:08 AM
LALTX
Intermediate

Do u have a socal car that was on Glovis courage and your tyd says on vessel now too?

It looks like the ship started moving again now but no tyd updates yet for me.
I have a Cayenne (so no TYD) getting offloaded in SD. My SA texted me yesterday at the end of the day to say system showed my car was still "on vessel". Since the vessel departed at 3:30 am today, no way it's still on the vessel now. So I am assuming the system will update soon.

FWIW, I have followed the car from the time my SA gave me the name of the vessel all the way to SD. His system was always slightly behind what I could see by tracking the ship.

I'd love to hear when your TYD updates.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:48 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

I have a Cayenne (so no TYD) getting offloaded in SD. My SA texted me yesterday at the end of the day to say system showed my car was still "on vessel". Since the vessel departed at 3:30 am today, no way it's still on the vessel now. So I am assuming the system will update soon.

FWIW, I have followed the car from the time my SA gave me the name of the vessel all the way to SD. His system was always slightly behind what I could see by tracking the ship.

I'd love to hear when your TYD updates.
No updates yet...ugh. I hope it's just being track your nightmare right now. Ha
Old 01-07-2023, 01:18 PM
LALTX
Intermediate

DiabloDude might have some data points re: how long it took from ship docking to info updating.
Old 01-07-2023, 04:11 PM
speedyj
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

well there is an opening at Sparrows point for the Conductor to dock... yet it still sits there anchored. VW logistics is trash.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:20 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Laltx- what is ur dealer saying now?
Old 01-07-2023, 06:51 PM
LALTX
Intermediate

Laltx- what is ur dealer saying now?
I just texted him and he said that so far no update. He said it probably won't update until Monday.
Old 01-07-2023, 07:18 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

DiabloDude might have some data points re: how long it took from ship docking to info updating.
At this point, watching TYD for an update or speaking with your SA isnt very helpful.

When the vessel is on the West Coast, all you have to do is track it.
According to the website Marine Traffic, the Glovis Courage departed San Diego today around 5:08 AM PST.

When my vessel came into Benicia on Dec. 23rd it docked at 1:49 AM on a Friday and they started unloading cars the next morning at 10:30 AM (I watched them unload).
The vessel left later that night around 11:00 PM for Korea. They didnt even bother to stay in port for the weekend with Xmas being on Sunday, the 25th.
Such as life on the high seas!

My SA called me the following Monday, Dec. 26th and said that my car was "ready for transit".
The following day, the car shows up at my local dealership, which is only 14 miles away from the port. The car underwent PDI two days later
and I picked it up a few days later on Sunday, Jan. 1st after it stopped pouring rain for several days straight.

For whatever reason, my turnaround time at the port was surprisingly quick. No issues with the car whatsoever.
And it was pretty clear that Porsche techs at the port were working hard to get these cars out to the dealer before year end. They literally processed my car in one day on Dec. 24th.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 01-07-2023 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 08:27 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

my dealer said it will probably update Monday too... but on the tyd website hack, it says the car isn't in port and it also gives some coordinates of where they think the car is (still on the boat). 32.596382, -119.240543

it matches up with the coordinates of Glovis Courage in the pacific heading to Benecia.

I am wondering if we don't need to use all these tracking websites to follow the ship and if the satellite coordinates have always been hidden on the tyd hacked website and we can find them there for the whole trip.

would need someone on another ship to check out for sure but I will follow GC to Benecia and see if it matches up.
The following users liked this post:
LALTX (01-07-2023)

Quick Reply: Shipping schedule Emden - USA