Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's in my garage!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 02:49 PM
cmchism
Advanced

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Can we get a little cold start video and a few revs just to make us all really jealous???
The following 3 users liked this post by cmchism:
AlexCeres (09-02-2021), JohnnyF1ve (08-31-2021), User 81423 (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 03:51 PM
shack993
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 127 Posts

Who is the guy in the plaid shirt?
The following users liked this post:
JohnnyF1ve (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 03:56 PM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Received 406 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by shack993
Who is the guy in the plaid shirt?
Lol my father in law. He's a car guy and used to build hot rods for fun, so I figured who else to bring for the first ride!
Old 08-31-2021, 04:18 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,105 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyF1ve
Lol my father in law. He's a car guy and used to build hot rods for fun, so I figured who else to bring for the first ride!
You have to be his favorite son-in-law
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
JohnnyF1ve (08-31-2021), UncleDude (09-05-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 06:08 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 193 Posts

Congrats! Nice to see they're finally arriving!
JohnnyF1ve (08-31-2021)
Old 08-31-2021, 06:27 PM
gt4-2-n8
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 31 Posts

awesome! she's a keeper
JohnnyF1ve (08-31-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 04:55 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

How accurate was the TYD with regards to the arrival date to the dealer, shipping date to dealer, etc?
JohnnyF1ve (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 05:06 AM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
How accurate was the TYD with regards to the arrival date to the dealer, shipping date to dealer, etc?
Estimated delivery date was Friday 8/27 as of the beginning of August. Basically everyone was 9/17 at the earliest before that, and mine moved up a few weeks when the "sale date"(as rennlisters thought) changed to 8/20 due to carb or whatever.

That Monday the car was still at port of Baltimore (sat there for about 3 weeks) so I figured I wouldn't get it that week. Lo and behold, the app updated on Tuesday, and on last Thursday (8/26) if I wasn't too busy working I could have picked it up already. So I went this Monday to pick it up.

The TYD was amazing for tracking for me. I mean, every step was on point. I basically told my dealer when the car was coming/going to emden, to Baltimore, etc... and he couldn't believe we have such access to the cars in transit. I probably bothered/frightened him since I was always a step ahead (being obsessive about this car of course).

In other news I'm mad at myself for not taking photos in the rain today. It wasn't supposed to rain but it did when I was driving my wife around on her errands. I said to hell with it, we're christening this beauty! And continued to take her to target and to get coffee lmfao 😅.

Being one of the only 992 gt3s delivered in the nation so far with it's insane new race car looks is so much more of an eye grabber than other 911s. Every single person stares. Dudes in BMWs have their girlfriends film me from their passenger seats lol... Prepare yourselves!
The following 4 users liked this post by JohnnyF1ve:
AlexCeres (09-02-2021), FLACHT6_pilot (09-01-2021), IrwinMFletcher (09-01-2021), subshooter (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Checkmate
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

First off, Congrats! Gorgeous car - please enjoy!

Would love to hear your honest feedback on the ride quality on the street. I've heard consistently that the car is stiff/firm on the road. Makes sense as they have calibrated this to be a full blown track monster!
JohnnyF1ve (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 01:33 PM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Originally Posted by Checkmate
First off, Congrats! Gorgeous car - please enjoy!

Would love to hear your honest feedback on the ride quality on the street. I've heard consistently that the car is stiff/firm on the road. Makes sense as they have calibrated this to be a full blown track monster!
As we know the WRX doesn't even compare to this car, but my WRX is definitely a car that makes you hate bumpy roads just the same(especially with low profile tires)... I mention this because the GT3 is even more so this way. Keep in mind I haven't driven an older GT3, and only my 992. So although I can definitely say this is a stiff *** car, it's hard for me to translate that to a more generalized review.

On the way home from the dealership, probably due to the enormous tires, there was about 10 minutes where I looked at my father-in-law and said it is really loud in here and I'm just driving in cruise control. He basically was yelling to talk to me and I had to basically yell for him to hear me ( although he has harder hearing LOL). It was just one specific road surface for a short period of time. It wasn't a bumpy road so much as it was a - maybe an old asphalt or something, I really don't know what to call it.

Anyway it was so loud in the car from the tire noise during that 10 minutes that I genuinely had a thought like oh my god I hope it's not this loud all the time! But like I said it was literally only one of the road surfaces I drove on so far, and the rest of the trip was fine although of course more cabin noise than my wrx. I don't think I've been in the car with the stiff suspension button lit up yet, as obviously I'm in the break in period and I'm not on a track or anything.

So all that said, keep in mind I've only driven it around a Midwestern City that has road imperfections at slow speeds. When the road is really smooth asphalt or new concrete surfaces you immediately want to press the gas pedal because it feels like it belongs on that surface. Yeah, I mean compared to my very limited sports car driving history I feel like this is absolutely a track car. I'm not Matt Farah, but I feel like he basically said what I'm saying. That being said, I WANT this experience. I WANT to have a "raw machine" experience that has a motorsport badge.

My wife was frightened the entire time in the car even though I wasn't going fast, both because I was driving a small house down the road in terms of cost, but also every time I touch the gas or I turn the car or I go over a tiny bump she feels it and it scares the **** out of her because it's just turning everything I might feel in my WRX up to 11 obviously.

I have the $0 seats. I ****ing love these seats. If I had to nitpick them, I would say the "lumbar" support of them exist but it could extend a little higher up the seat if that makes sense, my back probably just likes a little bit more lordosis than some other people. That being said the seats feel great, I'm just trying to nitpick them after driving an hour and a half home from the dealer the other day. I don't know what the lightweight buckets feel like, my dealer didn't have any cars in stock that happened to have these when I was ordering the GT3, so I played it safe - and I'm very happy I did that. These seats keep me comfortable on various road surfaces and situations regardless of how I know the car is going through the bumps and the imperfections in the road. Meaning although as above I tell you that I can feel every single bump and it feels like a track car in my opinion... I'm comfortable while that's happening.

So please don't think that I'm telling you that my back is broken, I'm just getting up for the day right now as I've been working nights - and I'm going to wash the car and drive it all day again. In no way, shape, or form am I uncomfortable or stiff backed right now. And I have had minor back issues in my life, nothing that required any procedures or anything, but basically I have to stay in shape in order to keep my back strong enough so I never have pain issues(likely from my posture) as I sit at a computer a lot for work, and pleasure.

Whoa. Anyway that's a lot of words, sorry. I ****ing love this car. I love the visceral experience. And I love that yes, it feels like a track car to me. My wife said "I understand why you didn't get a normal 911 or a four-seater V12 like that Ferrari FF or something" ... Because even as someone who has never driven a sports car, she immediately understood that I wanted to drive this angry god for fun.

Last edited by JohnnyF1ve; 09-01-2021 at 01:39 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by JohnnyF1ve:
AlexCeres (09-02-2021), heshalosny (09-05-2021), IrwinMFletcher (09-01-2021), michaeldorian (09-01-2021), UncleDude (09-05-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 01:40 PM
seatactony
Racer

Received 307 Likes on 148 Posts

As we know the WRX doesn't even compare to this car, but my WRX is definitely a car that makes you hate bumpy roads just the same(especially with low profile tires)... I mention this because the GT3 is even more so this way. Keep in mind I haven't driven an older GT3, and only my 992. So although I can definitely say this is a stiff *** car, it's hard for me to translate that to a more generalized review.

On the way home from the dealership, probably due to the enormous tires, there was about 10 minutes where I looked at my father-in-law and said it is really loud in here and I'm just driving in cruise control. He basically was yelling to talk to me and I had to basically yell for him to hear me ( although he has harder hearing LOL). It was just one specific road surface for a short period of time. It wasn't a bumpy road so much as it was a - maybe an old asphalt or something, I really don't know what to call it.

Anyway it was so loud in the car from the tire noise during that 10 minutes that I genuinely had a thought like oh my god I hope it's not this loud all the time! But like I said it was literally only one of the road surfaces I drove on so far, and the rest of the trip was fine although of course more cabin noise than my wrx. I don't think I've been in the car with the stiff suspension button lit up yet, as obviously I'm in the break in period and I'm not on a track or anything.

So all that said, keep in mind I've only driven it around a Midwestern City that has road imperfections at slow speeds. When the road is really smooth asphalt or new concrete surfaces you immediately want to press the gas pedal because it feels like it belongs on that surface. Yeah, I mean compared to my very limited sports car driving history I feel like this is absolutely a track car. I'm not Matt Farah, but I feel like he basically said what I'm saying. That being said, I WANT this experience. I WANT to have a "raw machine" experience that has a motorsport badge.

My wife was frightened the entire time in the car even though I wasn't going fast, both because I was driving a small house down the road in terms of cost, but also every time I touch the gas or I turn the car or I go over a tiny bump she feels it and it scares the **** out of her because it's just turning everything I might feel in my WRX up to 11 obviously.

I have the $0 seats. I ****ing love these seats. If I had to nitpick them, I would say the "lumbar" support of them exist but it could extend a little higher up the seat if that makes sense, my back probably just likes a little bit more kyphosis than some other people. That being said the seats feel great, I'm just trying to nitpick them after driving an hour and a half home from the dealer the other day. I don't know what the lightweight buckets feel like, my dealer didn't have any cars in stock that happened to have these when I was ordering the GT3, so I played it safe - and I'm very happy I did that. These seats keep me comfortable on various road surfaces and situations regardless of how I know the car is going through the bumps and the imperfections in the road. Meaning although as above I tell you that I can feel every single bump and it feels like a track car in my opinion... I'm comfortable while that's happening.

So please don't think that I'm telling you that my back is broken, I'm just getting up for the day right now as I've been working nights - and I'm going to wash the car and drive it all day again. In no way, shape, or form am I uncomfortable or stiff backed right now. And I have had minor back issues in my life, nothing that required any procedures or anything, but basically I have to stay in shape in order to keep my back strong enough so I never have pain issues(likely from my posture) as I sit at a computer a lot for work, and pleasure.

Whoa. Anyway that's a lot of words, sorry. I ****ing love this car. I love the visceral experience. And I love that yes, it feels like a track car to me. My wife said "I understand why you didn't get a normal 911 or a four-seater V12 like that Ferrari FF or something" ... Because even as someone who has never driven a sports car, she immediately understood that I wanted to drive this angry god for fun.

Hey Johnny,

Thanks for providing this info. Would be great to get you together with someone local to you with a 991.2 to get some back to back seat time and compare the factors that we are interested in hearing about -- harshness of the ride, steering, sound, etc. Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

TIA

ST
JohnnyF1ve (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 01:43 PM
M Engineering
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,595 Likes on 573 Posts

Exciting stuff to finally see more and more owners get the keys to the new GT3's. Lava looks fantastic, congrats.

-M
JohnnyF1ve (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 01:47 PM
JohnnyF1ve
Racer

Originally Posted by seatactony
Hey Johnny,

Thanks for providing this info. Would be great to get you together with someone local to you with a 991.2 to get some back to back seat time and compare the factors that we are interested in hearing about -- harshness of the ride, steering, sound, etc. Where are you if you don't mind me asking?

TIA

ST
I'm smack dab between Iowa and Illinois. My insurance only lets me drive the car though! It's funny, I called hagerty and somehow ended up with American collectors insurance. /Shrug/
Old 09-01-2021, 01:57 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 451 Likes on 268 Posts

Congrats!! She’s a beauty! And what a way to enter the Porsche world!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
JohnnyF1ve (09-01-2021)
Old 09-01-2021, 02:07 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

I have the $0 seats. I ****ing love these seats. If I had to nitpick them, I would say the "lumbar" support of them exist but it could extend a little higher up the seat if that makes sense, my back probably just likes a little bit more lordosis than some other people. That being said the seats feel great, I'm just trying to nitpick them after driving an hour and a half home from the dealer the other day. I don't know what the lightweight buckets feel like, my dealer didn't have any cars in stock that happened to have these when I was ordering the GT3, so I played it safe - and I'm very happy I did that. These seats keep me comfortable on various road surfaces and situations regardless of how I know the car is going through the bumps and the imperfections in the road. Meaning although as above I tell you that I can feel every single bump and it feels like a track car in my opinion... I'm comfortable while that's happening.

Sounds about right. My 991.2 GT3 was really not enjoyable to drive on the street unless I was driving with purpose. I would never pick up the keys just to head for an errand or something, it’s just not fun to be in the stiff loud car when not actively driving quickly, especially when compared to taking it to the track.

So as a result the car is just parked between track days and I take the more comfy cars out in between.

If you ever have to drive the car a long distance, noise canceling headphones work well for being able to actually listen to something or take a call, and cuts the noise down considerably.

Last edited by Mech33; 09-01-2021 at 05:25 PM.
JohnnyF1ve (09-01-2021)

Quick Reply: It's in my garage!!