Sponsored by:

Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 08:59 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
Agree. Sounds like an excuse. Figured out the payment would be a lot more than $799 a month.
own this car for just $799 down and $799 per month for 799 years.
The following users liked this post:
Fixinbones (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 09:01 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
All these recent responses are hilarious, but not liking a color, is that not a legit reason?

The following 3 users liked this post by Jamie140:
carcommander (10-14-2021), michaeldorian (10-14-2021), Yippiekiaye (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 01:37 PM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
Why did you choose the color of you don’t love it? And color is an afterthought frankly with what’s going on with allocations. If you want to flip it and make a few bucks, just say so. Much more believable than saying you no longer want the car cause you don’t love the color you picked.
I was not able to make up my mind on CWM. It’s what I put in in a rush to put in the order for a slot I got. I was only able to see it under dealer lighting. It was impossible to find a 992 to see with low inventory. Posted here with no response from folks either. After seeing it more, I ended up really disliking how moody the color is in natural light. Everyone was pushing towards CWM. Including SA. I did not like how gray and stark cold blue white it was in regular overcast. I sent a request for a change with my SA but it hit v220 and there was nothing he could do. Now that I’m seeing more cars, I really prefer Shark or Chalk. And I can’t stop thinking about the other colors. CWM now just feels like a compromise to me. This car is too special to feel like a compromise.

I offered up if anyone wants the car earlier I’m happy to trade for an later allocation. I prefer a trade. Hence that’s what I wrote. I’m also selling only if I can secure a slot somehow even for later next year.

For what it’s worth, for those who reached out, I offered the car with at what I paid. Not making a profit.

Tough crowd. 😉

Last edited by michaeldorian; 10-14-2021 at 01:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by michaeldorian:
InfamousS/T (10-14-2021), RUF RS (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 09:10 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeldorian
I was not able to make up my mind on CWM. It’s what I put in in a rush to put in the order for a slot I got. I was only able to see it under dealer lighting. It was impossible to find a 992 to see with low inventory. Posted here with no response from folks either. After seeing it more, I ended up really disliking how moody the color is in natural light. Everyone was pushing towards CWM. Including SA. I did not like how gray and stark cold blue white it was in regular overcast. I sent a request for a change with my SA but it hit v220 and there was nothing he could do. Now that I’m seeing more cars, I really prefer Shark or Chalk. And I can’t stop thinking about the other colors. CWM now just feels like a compromise to me. This car is too special to feel like a compromise.

I offered up if anyone wants the car earlier I’m happy to trade for an later allocation. I prefer a trade. Hence that’s what I wrote. I’m also selling only if I can secure a slot somehow even for later next year.

For what it’s worth, for those who reached out, I offered the car with at what I paid. Not making a profit.

Tough crowd. 😉
Sorry to hear that the color is not what you expected. For what it is worth, I was going to compromise on PDK, rather than manual, when the former was all I could get in California. It didn't feel great at first, but there really are pros and cons to both transmissions–just like colors, but maybe a bigger deal. I think CWM is a really great white and I would keep it. If it must go, it seems like most dealers would be happy to flip it for ADM and give you a later allocation.
The following 2 users liked this post by sparkhill:
jfr0317 (10-14-2021), michaeldorian (10-14-2021)
Old 10-24-2021, 11:53 PM
JAB12
Rennlist Member

Received 632 Likes on 363 Posts

@michaeldorian you ever heard of self healing paint protection technology? Wrap the thing in a color that rocks your boat and enjoy the heck out of the car you ordered. There are PPF shops in my area that are magicians, you would never know the difference if paint or film unless you scratched the car. Just my unsolicited $0.02 on the matter. I know if I dislike the color on any of my inbound cars that is what I would do, not give it to someone else and then have to wait more and do this horrible dance with ADMS, PCNA and P.AG all over again. No way, No how. Wrap it!
The following 2 users liked this post by JAB12:
AlexCeres (10-25-2021), michaeldorian (10-25-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 12:12 AM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 520 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by JAB12
@michaeldorian you ever heard of self healing paint protection technology? Wrap the thing in a color that rocks your boat and enjoy the heck out of the car you ordered. There are PPF shops in my area that are magicians, you would never know the difference if paint or film unless you scratched the car. Just my unsolicited $0.02 on the matter. I know if I dislike the color on any of my inbound cars that is what I would do, not give it to someone else and then have to wait more and do this horrible dance with ADMS, PCNA and P.AG all over again. No way, No how. Wrap it!
Thanks for chiming in. Appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Summer 2021 GT3 Allocation, ADM, etc. Fresh Thread