Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confirmed: Manual 992 GT3 Approved in CA

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 10:24 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 365 Likes on 221 Posts

California,thank you for producing the highest GDP in the country and for working hardest to make America great(always not again),I bow to you!
Old 06-22-2021, 11:02 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 49 Posts

Florida is humid!

not so kind to sweaty hobo *****.
Old 06-22-2021, 11:51 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by dkhm3
Florida is humid!

not so kind to sweaty hobo *****.
Maybe it's the gators (and pythons).
Old 06-22-2021, 11:56 PM
dkhm3
Racer

Originally Posted by G.Irish
Maybe it's the gators (and pythons).
LOL
Old 06-23-2021, 02:07 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,975 Likes on 918 Posts

Serious question... is having the most homeless people per capita a bad thing? (Assuming that's even a good measure). Doesn't it mean that the state is more charitable? I mean if people are homeless someone has to take care of them no.. they are critizens of this country without a home.. hosting them is not a sign of weakness.

But yes.. weather plays a part.. when you can comfortably live out outside much of the year maybe that makes a difference. I wish I knew how this problem was solved but I don't.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:39 AM
Yc911Kid
Three Wheelin'

Received 850 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
California is the new value thread topic.

Its so fun to tickle-trigger all the landlocked dudes who live in hot and shweaty flyover states with just arrow straight roads and cornfields to drive on, and not a racetrack, mountain road or coastal highway within a week's drive where to enjoy their Porsche.

(That should be enough Rennlist TNT stuffed into one post to trigger an anti-Cali WW3)
cornfield road suits them alright given how tunnel visioned they are

disclaimer: this is comedy as well
Old 06-23-2021, 11:04 AM
phow
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 114 Posts

I grew up in Chicago, lived in SoCal twice, and I'm currently living in Nashville. Lived in plenty of other places around the country as well.

Love CA, always will. Plan to purchase a second home there again in the next 1-2 years (probably do OC this next time).

I absolutely hated everything about IL (terrible weather, flat straight roads, cornfields, people generally suck) but loved the city of Chicago. Unfortunately, the city (like many places) is just not the same after Covid and I fear it's going to take a while to come back around.

Nashville is a great happy medium for my family and me. Tons of hilly terrain with great twisty roads out my back door. The mountains are nearby. Tons of lakes and water activities. Mild weather with the exception of summer (f**** it gets hot). Great city and culture. No state income taxes. But housing prices are getting close to CA levels of crazy which really sucks for the locals...

Personally, having spent nearly a decade in SoCal, as much as I love it, I wouldn't make it my permanent residence again. And it's not because of the taxes, restrictions, or regulations (though they are a factor). It is simply because SoCal, specifically LA, is just not as enjoyable when you are on a full-time basis with it. I find that I get the most out of the area in 3 to 4-month stints. So I look forward to visiting, owning property, and even paying taxes there again. I just won't do it full-time.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:21 AM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

So did California realize the sales taxes they were losing? Even if you figure 500 cars not sold in CA, at 7.5% tax that's about $7.5M.

Or did enough members of CA government and Hollywood get pissed and want their GT3 with a manual trans? It is amazing how quickly problems can be resolved when they want to.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:43 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 370 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassJ
So did California realize the sales taxes they were losing? Even if you figure 500 cars not sold in CA, at 7.5% tax that's about $7.5M.

Or did enough members of CA government and Hollywood get pissed and want their GT3 with a manual trans? It is amazing how quickly problems can be resolved when they want to.
Cali was never going to lose sales tax even if the manual was never approved. Zero doubt they would still sell every allocation they received and many with ADMs.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:29 PM
dkhm3
Racer

My local SoCal dealer has sold all of this years allocations as well as deposits for the next 2 years.

40,000.00 ADM if you wanted to buy one.

They would have more deposits but they have stopped taking peoples money for cars that won’t be here for almost 3 years from now.

*this was when I checked over a week ago for an allocation.

Last edited by dkhm3; 06-23-2021 at 12:31 PM.
Old 06-24-2021, 01:35 PM
ClassJ
Rennlist Member

Received 286 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Cali was never going to lose sales tax even if the manual was never approved. Zero doubt they would still sell every allocation they received and many with ADMs.
Not so sure I agree.

I don't think demand exceeds supply by that much. Its just enough to warrant ADM's.
Old 06-24-2021, 04:08 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Every slam on California that has been made in these forums over the last several weeks still holds true LOL.

I'm glad those who wanted a manual are now able to get one...but if I were a Cali resident I certainly wouldn't be in this thread like, "where them haters at??"

Your state is still broken. The fact that this even happened in the first place is still hilarious
you realize you're complaining about a state that houses and created almost EVERYTHING you use right?

this board = california (los angeles)
your computer if its a hp or apple or chromebook = california
your os = california (gui and mouse all xerox parc created)
your iphone = california
your cars = are almost all exclusively designed in california (los angeles)
every tech service = google/apple/adobe/facebook/snapchat/twitter/oracle/intel/amd/fairchild semiconductor all of it was created in california
every airplane you have ever flown = california (los angeles)
every movie you have seen= california
every streaming service from netflix to amazon to apple tv+ to hulu = california (los angeles)
the internet = california (los angeles ucla in 1969)
the entire defense industry that protects this great nation = california

i know you know i can go on for days about a $3.5 trillion dollar economy that has literally created your entire ecosystems and lifestyle

i'm kinda kidding but really i've been all over this country and only the most uneducated people talk negative about california and new york
Old 06-24-2021, 04:51 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

The same logic apply to people bashing Cali.......the Democrats who cannot stand anything about people/things/lifestyle that are successful and trendy.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:25 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Please continue, I want to hear more about California riches, wealth, treasure, genius innovative entrepreneurship, striking beauty and weather so I can dream about what that must be like to live in the center of the universe. It must be wonderful to live like the other half. Excuse myself as I drown in my self loathing for not living there....
Old 06-25-2021, 04:57 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 508 Likes on 308 Posts

This thread was intended to share the great news about 50-state manual availability. What a week of lows and highs! Glad we all have a tough decision to make between a couple of the best transmissions currently available.

It seems like most of the threads eventually end up at:
  1. PDK vs. manual
  2. Wing vs. Touring
  3. CA vs. other states
  4. Money management
Since we have several other threads covering the same terminal topics, I am closing this one. And wishing I could close a couple others that have gone off course. This is not directed at any one person, just the general off-topic discussions.

Quick Reply: Confirmed: Manual 992 GT3 Approved in CA