Sponsored by:

992 gt3 VS Huracan Evo RWD

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 01:43 PM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by nin005
I'm new here... I currently own the latest RS3, an F8 and a brand new 992 GT3 (not registered yet).

I did a short test drive with the EVO RWD and loved the Akrapovic exhaust sound.

Since I do 100% of street driving I'm thinking of selling the GT3 to get the EVO RWD. I think the EVO will be more fun to drive at slower speeds.

Anyway difficult decision as I really wanted a GT3 and for the EVO RWD dealer asks 30k over MSRP.

Any recommendations from owners?
I absolutely love my EVO RWD Spyder, for a street car I think it's the best experience I've ever had. I do want to add a GT3/4/C8Z back to my garage for track use though. For the price points on EVO's, they're going to bring a premium as all new Huracan allocations are sold out through the life of the model which is next July. Then the Huracan replacement comes along as a V8TT Hybrid. I was told I should be able to get an allocation for the replacement model in the second model year which will be around 2026!

Old 05-28-2023, 06:51 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Here's my alternative. Given all the dealer shenanigans I've been reading about for years regarding the GT3 I very well may go this way. More headroom than the Huracan, imo better interior, not as ostentatious and has the same fantastic engine and gearbox. The trick is getting one at a good price as they do depreciate fairly significantly if it's not bought correctly.

I was waiting for somebody to bring this up. A Performance/Plus R8 is basically 95% of a Huracan for about $70k less. Plus all you need is to get an exhaust like I did and the experience becomes even more Huracan-like
The following users liked this post:
Randy M (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 07:33 AM
KOTYKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
I was waiting for somebody to bring this up. A Performance/Plus R8 is basically 95% of a Huracan for about $70k less. Plus all you need is to get an exhaust like I did and the experience becomes even more Huracan-like
Drive the R8 and Huracan EVO back to back, the R8 feels like 80% of the experience but yes $70k less
Old 05-28-2023, 07:45 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

i put alot of miles on my 2017 r8v10 plus...loved the car

but the lambos are on another level...even the SUV
Old 05-28-2023, 09:03 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I think people who buy Lambos just need to justify the purchase

I mean, the Urus is a more aggressive RS Q8 but is it really worth the price difference?

Whatever makes you happy, I guess
Old 05-28-2023, 09:50 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

trust me i didnt want to like the urus...

im telling you its a beast

if only shopping value get the rsq8
Tupper (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 09:54 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 728 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
Even though I'm taking delivery of a new GT3 in two days I still love the R8. I could have gotten into a new 2021 loaded R8 V10 Perf for about $170K right after Biden got elected. Not anymore.
Tupper (05-28-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 10:06 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richk
trust me i didnt want to like the urus...

im telling you its a beast

if only shopping value get the rsq8
Theres somebody in my town driving a blue Urus around (and another red one I see from time to time). Like too many people who can afford such a car, I feel like it is wasted on his “I’m too mature to drive this car anything faster than the speed limit” attitude, LOL. So I can’t tell. I know that Uri (plural for Urus?) look sweet, but when you compare numbers to an RSQ8 the difference doesn’t seem too stark on paper.

Care to share what your real life observations have been? Is it the sound, the handling, the speed, etc? Is the difference with an RSQ8 really that dramatic?
Old 05-28-2023, 10:09 AM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Randy M
Even though I'm taking delivery of a new GT3 in two days I still love the R8. I could have gotten into a new 2021 loaded R8 V10 Perf for about $170K right after Biden got elected. Not anymore.
For me, the best set up with the R8 is to toss the OEM exhaust, which is way too muffled, and go aftermarket. I’m running titanium valveless with no mufflers, and I’m easily louder than nearly any Lambo out there. You gotta celebrate the V10, it’s easily one of the greatest engines ever made.

I already decided that if I ever move up to a Lambo, I will go for one of the flagship V12 variants.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:48 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,395 Likes on 640 Posts

the R8 v10, RSQ8 both are underrated. this application of the platform sharing thing is a great side effect of the VW Group.

The V10 is great. Put out to pasture too soon I guess.

The Lambo Urus really is great. It's flashier but has been about as good of a car to buy and own and put 20k miles on as has ever had four doors for most owners- they're still crazy expensive as used cars.

that being said- the Turbo GT is a real big different animal than the standard cayenne turbo- it's more like a lightweight GT3 urus.

the RSQ8 does not feel as aggressive, in fact it feels more comfort oriented (in suspension terms) and is friendly vs Cayenne Turbo GT being more hardcore (especially in transmission terms). Turbo GT is easier than Urus or RSQ8 to slide and treat like a canyon carver.

the Huracan evo: if you can fit inside, it's a license to party.

the STO: wild looks that don't totally support the lap times, but the closest thing to driving the new ford gt or mclaren senna you can get in terms of wonky dry /matte finish carbon fiber and race car noises from the cabin. I loved it. as they get closer to msrp...even more intriguing. there are a lot of these available and they won't ever be the cult car they should be (compared to the 458 speciale for instance).

I love the v10. As such I ordered a sterrato. super excited

GT3 cars really punch 150% over their msrp to be compared to V10 cars with a mid engine and tons of wonky aero!

Last edited by C.J. Ichiban; 06-01-2023 at 03:51 AM.
KOTYKB (06-01-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 gt3 VS Huracan Evo RWD