Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allocation + ADM?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 03:13 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 161 Posts

There are dealers who's word means something. They also make sure their deals are fair for both sides. They also take care of their very best customers. Most successful businesses are like that. If you haven't done much business with them and you act like Rodney Dangerfield in Caddy Shack you are probably not going to get preferential treatment. Also, these are toys, no one needs one. Relax.
The following 2 users liked this post by carcommander:
josephr25 (03-15-2021), motorwerksgroup (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 05:17 PM
rhk118
Pro

Received 270 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
Also, these are toys, no one needs one. Relax.
This....its going to be a long 7-9 more months of this thread here in the US...
The following 2 users liked this post by rhk118:
AlexCeres (03-17-2021), LLK (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 06:13 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Helps when you pay "market value" for a couple as well. Sure folks are getting GT cars at MSRP. I don't doubt that. What they aren't telling you is the beating they potentially took on a trade. I "not so great deal" on a non GT car. Dealers are going to get theirs. If you think you can just walk in and get all and only GT cars at MSRP without giving them a form of ADM you are crazy. ADM doesn't have to just be ADM in its simplest form. They can get their "ADM" in plenty of ways. They are in business to make money. The GT line up commands a premium.

The folks I feel awful for are the ones that have a deposit on a hand shake deal at MSRP and now that the dealer has their allocations they are coming back and demanding an ADM. Sadly a good old hand shake, promise, gentlemen's agreement etc are all gone is this day and age of greed.
Not always true. I've never traded in a single car I purchased from my dealer. I got both my GT3s, spec'd by me at MSRP. There are very good dealers out there and most are true to their word. The fact is there are only a small supply of cars, and as my dealer told me once, "I love and hate GT cars. I have to **** off every other one of my best customers". I thought about that line....it's actually quite true and a difficult situation to be in.
The following users liked this post:
PTS (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 07:27 PM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

Our dealer has a 3 year old GT3 RS priced about $40K over the original MSRP. Is this normal for this car?

They said we will get a GT3 allocation this year at some point at MSRP, they do not charge ADM but they are very selective about who gets an allocation. They asked for a $1000 refundable deposit which seems pretty reasonable. I had to put down a $5000 deposit on my GT4 with the same dealer which seems odd but I did not care as I am happy to get the car.

So for the GT3 will giving them a very expensive build move you up on the list? It does not open until 3/29 so it it hard to know what options adding to the build will make it more attractive to the dealer?
Old 03-15-2021, 08:56 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Not always true. I've never traded in a single car I purchased from my dealer. I got both my GT3s, spec'd by me at MSRP. There are very good dealers out there and most are true to their word. The fact is there are only a small supply of cars, and as my dealer told me once, "I love and hate GT cars. I have to **** off every other one of my best customers". I thought about that line....it's actually quite true and a difficult situation to be in.
Just so the rest of us are clear, are you trying to convey that your dealership sells GT cars at MSRP without having to make money on any other car transaction with you? Let me guess, the GM is a "car guy" and is so enamored that you track your car that he would prefer to lose money and sell to you because he is a good dealer. No wait it's because you bring ALL your cars in for service and you brought in lunch. Perhaps your GM is interested in a bridge I have for sale...

Last edited by mass27; 03-15-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:03 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Perhaps your GM is interested in a bridge I have for sale...
I’m only interested in your bridge if your not charging an ADM. But actually, if you’re not charging an ADM, maybe that means no one else wants your bridge. So never mind, I don’t want your bridge.
F14sharky1 (08-14-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:29 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

So he is pissing off people that have actually been customers of his, bought several cars from him just to give you 2 GT cars at MSRP. Sorry there is something else you are not sharing. A dealer doesn’t just sell to a guy 2 GT cars at MSRP because you are a swell guy without them getting something else from you. No way no how. You have either bought other cars from them and probably didn’t get that good of a deal on those. You service all your cars there and no discounts there. You are best friends with the GM. You actually do some other type of business with the dealer, owner etc. There is something missing because I am sorry I do not believe a dealer has sold you only 2 cars, both GTs and at MSRP. There are lots of great dealers. They are also businesses that need to make a living.
GotShark? (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:39 PM
atlrvr
Rennlist Member

Received 587 Likes on 260 Posts

Edit: Don't want to contribute to this dumpster fire of a thread.

Last edited by atlrvr; 03-16-2021 at 10:02 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by atlrvr:
AlexCeres (03-17-2021), motorwerksgroup (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 10:44 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mass27
Just so the rest of us are clear, are you trying to convey that your dealership sells GT cars at MSRP without having to make money on any other car transaction with you? Let me guess, the GM is a "car guy" and is so enamored that you track your car that he would prefer to lose money and sell to you because he is a good dealer. No wait it's because you bring ALL your cars in for service and you brought in lunch. Perhaps your GM is interested in a bridge I have for sale...
My dealership is not even in my state, it's 300 miles away. Calm down. And you are correct...TO BE CLEAR....My GT car was at MSRP, I haven't had any other transaction. I've referred as many of my clients as I can and place great efforts to do so; we've built a relationship over the years.

Last edited by motorwerksgroup; 03-15-2021 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 10:50 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

So he is pissing off people that have actually been customers of his, bought several cars from him just to give you 2 GT cars at MSRP. Sorry there is something else you are not sharing. A dealer doesn’t just sell to a guy 2 GT cars at MSRP because you are a swell guy without them getting something else from you. No way no how. You have either bought other cars from them and probably didn’t get that good of a deal on those. You service all your cars there and no discounts there. You are best friends with the GM. You actually do some other type of business with the dealer, owner etc. There is something missing because I am sorry I do not believe a dealer has sold you only 2 cars, both GTs and at MSRP. There are lots of great dealers. They are also businesses that need to make a living.
We are friends. I send them as many clients as possible via making connections (I'm in the high-end auto business as well) and have some mutual acquaintances. Not EVERY deal is as simple as how many cars you've bought or serviced. There is more to building a relationship than singular transactions. As I have stated, I have purchased 3 cars, now my upcoming forth....all spec'd by me, all at MSRP, none traded in. As I said, I've referred several of MY clients to him...and I have thousands in my business.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:04 PM
wl911c4gts
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

You are not missing anything. Some of the posters on this thread seem to is think somehow that they are better than those who cannot get a GT car without an ADM. Either they have a buddy/pal who is the GM or that they are car guys and the dealer has preference only for them defying business logic where they would want to maximize their profits. And for the sake of the argument, let’s say it is somehow true that they got their cars at MSRP; why do these posters have to be so glib and condescending with their comments? Humility certainly doesn’t run with these guys. The reality is that there are more millionaires today than 10 years ago so the demand for coveted sports cars has far outpaced supply even with the ramp up in production from Porsche and other exoctic, super car manufacturers. To be sure, there is no shortage of buyers at high end car dealerships for sports cars. As expensive as the GT3, it is only priced around $200K+, this pricing space is well saturated. And when you move up the pricing scale (whether it is Porsche, Ferrari and other manufacturers), there are even less buyers at $300k, and a lot less at $400k, and above $500k - much less buyers.
goin2drt (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:25 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wl911c4gts
You are not missing anything. Some of the posters on this thread seem to is think somehow that they are better than those who cannot get a GT car without an ADM. Either they have a buddy/pal who is the GM or that they are car guys and the dealer has preference only for them defying business logic where they would want to maximize their profits. And for the sake of the argument, let’s say it is somehow true that they got their cars at MSRP; why do these posters have to be so glib and condescending with their comments? Humility certainly doesn’t run with these guys. The reality is that there are more millionaires today than 10 years ago so the demand for coveted sports cars has far outpaced supply even with the ramp up in production from Porsche and other exoctic, super car manufacturers. To be sure, there is no shortage of buyers at high end car dealerships for sports cars. As expensive as the GT3, it is only priced around $200K+, this pricing space is well saturated. And when you move up the pricing scale (whether it is Porsche, Ferrari and other manufacturers), there are even less buyers at $300k, and a lot less at $400k, and above $500k - much less buyers.
really? Someone asked if anyone was getting these cars at MSRP. I answered. I would also be daring to say, that of the thousands of GT cars that will be produced, MOST buyers will likely get their cars without an ADM by the time the model cycle retires. The same held true for the 991.2 Manual cars...the ADM hype is amplified by forums such as this one, but the actual purchase poll that someone did on Rennlist just 4 years ago proved that most 991.2 cars that actually transacted were had at MSRP.
michaeldorian (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:46 PM
wl911c4gts
Intermediate

really? Someone asked if anyone was getting these cars at MSRP. I answered. I would also be daring to say, that of the thousands of GT cars that will be produced, MOST buyers will likely get their cars without an ADM by the time the model cycle retires. The same held true for the 991.2 Manual cars...the ADM hype is amplified by forums such as this one, but the actual purchase poll that someone did on Rennlist just 4 years ago proved that most 991.2 cars that actually transacted were had at MSRP.
You should read your post - you boasted that you bought 2 GT cars at MSRP, doing nothing else other than the dealer loved you. Then it comes out that you have a business relationship with the dealer - do you think that is possibly why that you get preferential treatment and buying a car at MSRP?. And I am assuming you were one of the first buyers... I have an extensive purchase history with my dealers and was not able to get an allocation so I ended up buying a new 2019 GT3RS late 2019 at a slight discount from MSRP from a dealer as the car had been sitting in the showroom. I didn’t get to spec it but no harm no foul for me as I didn’t want to pay the ADM but have paid MSRP for many other sought after cars - 488GTS, 812GTS, among others. The GT3RS is a great product at a fantastic pricing point. And if buyers are willing to pay an ADM, it is their choice. But they don’t need to be harassed by those who conveniently got theirs at MSRP through whatever device that they had.
Old 03-15-2021, 11:51 PM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wl911c4gts
You should read your post - you boasted that you bought 2 GT cars at MSRP, doing nothing else other than the dealer loved you. Then it comes out that you have a business relationship with the dealer - do you think that is possibly why that you get preferential treatment and buying a car at MSRP?. And I am assuming you were one of the first buyers... I have an extensive purchase history with my dealers and was not able to get an allocation so I ended up buying a new 2019 GT3RS late 2019 at a slight discount from MSRP from a dealer as the car had been sitting in the showroom. I didn’t get to spec it but no harm no foul for me as I didn’t want to pay the ADM but have paid MSRP for many other sought after cars - 488GTS, 812GTS, among others. The GT3RS is a great product at a fantastic pricing point. And if buyers are willing to pay an ADM, it is their choice. But they don’t need to be harassed by those who conveniently got theirs at MSRP through whatever device that they had.
Who's harassing who? For my 2015, it well into the 991.1 GT3 production. I think many people will get their cars. Most will get them without an ADM; and still many others won't get one. I hope you're able to get whatever car you're after with good fortune. I also spec'd a 488 GTB and purchased it new. I don't exactly know what a 488GTS is?

Anyhow, buying a V8 Ferrari isn't necessarily hard nor special anymore. Nearly anyone could walk into a Ferrari dealer and buy a 488 back in 2018, 2019...and the F8 isn't anything spectacular either to demand any sort of waiting list. Sure the Pista and SF90 Stradale are sought after...but a 488, 812, Roma, Portofino, etc....not so much. Someone mentioned earlier about the value proposition of a GT3 being a sub-$200K vehicle....that bracket attracts a large buyer pool; less so once you cross $300K...the pool drops off the cliff.

Last edited by motorwerksgroup; 03-15-2021 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:05 AM
wl911c4gts
Intermediate

Who's harassing who? For my 2015, it well into the 991.1 GT3 production. I think many people will get their cars. Most will get them without an ADM; and still many others won't get one. I hope you're able to get whatever car you're after with good fortune. I also spec'd a 488 GTB and purchased it new. I don't exactly know what a 488GTS is?

Anyhow, buying a V8 Ferrari isn't necessarily hard nor special anymore. Nearly anyone could walk into a Ferrari dealer and buy a 488 back in 2018, 2019...and the F8 isn't anything spectacular either to demand any sort of waiting list. Sure the Pista and SF90 Stradale are sought after...but a 488, 812, Roma, Portofino, etc....not so much. Someone mentioned earlier about the value proposition of a GT3 being a sub-$200K vehicle....that bracket attracts a large buyer pool; less so once you cross $300K...the pool drops off the cliff.
Sounds like you are not an expert of Ferraris, a GTS is the designation for the convertible. A lot of speculation on your part...so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not on any waiting list for a sought after $500k 812GTS...or a SF90, or an SF90GTS or a Pista Spyder. No question about the value proposition of the GT3, but to be honest with you I don’t get a lot people blowing hot air when they are talking about the $300k+ cars, especially a well spec 812GTS at $500k. You should feel fortunate and lucky that you are able to buy as many GT3’s that you have had and above all to be humble....

Quick Reply: Allocation + ADM?