992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2022 | 12:05 PM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Some one give me some PCCB I can check the data for us;-)

anyway to pull fast laptimes its importent to Not brake to much, and if you brake to a strandstill its game over:-) on track. (Haha we all know it)

Its not about to come to stand still, its about keep up the momentum and for sure its about Not brake to much.

Here is some data from my 7.00.9min BTG lap braking hard after Metzgefelt. By the way, I never pull high Brake pressure or braking G on this track except on 2-3 spots ( aremberg, metzgefelt, bergwerk) But I know friends who lap slower than me and absolut maxing out high braking all over the track with the result pads are gone in a day;-)

This is also seen on shot tracks, it about keeping up the momenteum, is it not.., its not about go to stand still.
s14 red Dot 🔴 is braking hard after fast scary metzgefeld

I pull 93 bar Max Braking pressure here and I am on the brakes 98m and Max out braking G at 1.44g.

I drive this section pretty well as my Vmax in to Metzgefelt is 224 GPS / km / h and my Vmin tru scary Metzgefelt is 178gps / km / h. (For referens Lars Kerns 992 GT3 Porsche record lap he did Vmax 227 and vmin 184 same place at metzgefelt

So my point is… only due to you got PCCB what do that mean here or the other 2 spots on Nurburgring where one accually brake a bit harder? (No place else on track am I even close to pull 93 bar and 1.44 braking G) its only on these 3 spots mentioned)

Its not like we are driving N24h with ouer 992 GT3 street cars. I would never feel the need to pay premium for PCCB:s. I am on 💯 % stock brake setup and even stock pads & fluid, the steel braking kit on 992 GT3 is so over the topp solid, sure if I did race or time attack race I might consider harder race pads & race fluid, but never PCCB:s (each to their own I guess, but for sure its the best deal for Porsche if we spec. Pccb:s not so sure I could accuallt Gain so much from it out in the real 🌎 world?!)

(same section but film)
Attached Files
File Type: mov
FullSizeRender.MOV (6.49 MB, 6 views)

Last edited by Nur93; 10-31-2022 at 03:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:07 PM
NA6speed
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
dude. Seriously? You’re telling people they need to worry about deviated stitching but have yet to show or prove the myth of steels stop just as well as pccb.

No one has.

Ever.

I show you a video, you ask me if it was a joke. please prove me wrong. Maybe don’t get yourself all huffy over a fun comparison video. Take the time to make a YouTube video and shut me up.

groundhog is that you?

I am very certain that PCCBs on any GT3 will not stop the same car measurably quicker on a single stop from 100-0mph”

please provide evidence. I’ll wait
Let me phrase it differently then:
I am very certain that PCCBs on any GT3 will not stop the car quicker compared to steel to make any relevant practical difference on street or track."
One very common opinion here in the forum is that PCCBs or ceramics of any sort brake harder or better and are a night and day difference to steels. This is absolutely nonsense and physically literally impossible, as was also stated in this paper from Paradise. This is at least a scientific paper evaluating the influence of masses on braking distance.
Yes, the PCCBs might stop a teeny tiny tad better, and that is mainly because the car weighs minimally less with the ceramics.
I made the comment about your video because I am a graduated mechanical engineer and because I literally needed to laugh out loud, when someone is trying to prove anything with such a video. I can't believe we're even discussing whether any of these videos is a credible source for somewhat hard facts.

It's like using Wikipedia as a source in your thesis - no, actually worse.

Last edited by NA6speed; 11-02-2022 at 04:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NCheok (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:08 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NA6speed
Who in this forum would know? All you will hear here is educated guessing - at best.
On another note, I also find it funny, how people already complain about heat in the cabin, despite never having even placed a single foot in the car.
Have you driven a GTx car on track in 105 temps with the windows down?? It doesn’t take a genius to know it will be hot. The fact that the AP is already trying to excuse it as a feature of winter diving in the mountains already tells us it’s gonna be bad.
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:12 PM
NA6speed
Instructor

Originally Posted by Manifold
AP has told us that hot air goes into the cabin when windows are down. That means that windows down does affect the air flow.
Yes, of course he said that. Air going into the cabin with windows down is the case for most cars out there.
The question is: How warm is this air compared to ambient air and how much of a difference does it make in the cabin? But people are already assuming the worst, although no one has tried to ar, yet..
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:18 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NA6speed
Yes, of course he said that. Air going into the cabin with windows down is the case for most cars out there.
The question is: How warm is this air compared to ambient air and how much of a difference does it make in the cabin? But people are already assuming the worst, although no one has tried to ar, yet..
The heat of the air exiting the radiator will be much hotter than ambient air. That’s the air we are talking about. That’s not a feature of the current GTx cars.

Not sure why you are trying to defend this issue. It’s clear from the heat flow diagrams Porsche has released, statements by AP, and common sense that this car is gonna be hot on track in the summer with windows down.

Old 10-31-2022 | 12:21 PM
Doublej
Racer

Originally Posted by raymort
The heat of the air exiting the radiator will be much hotter than ambient air. That’s the air we are talking about. That’s not a feature of the current GTx cars.

Not sure why you are trying to defend this issue. It’s clear from the heat flow diagrams Porsche has released, statements by AP, and common sense that this car is gonna be hot on track in the summer with windows down.
Do you think the anti-buffeting side mirror triangles will deflect some of that hot air? Seems like they might help a bit. I still see a large amount of hot air entering from above the area that these deflect.

These will the the next iteration of those triangles:

Last edited by Doublej; 10-31-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-31-2022 | 12:28 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doublej
Do you think the anti-buffeting side mirror triangles will deflect some of that hot air? Seems like they might help a bit. I still see a large amount of hot air entering from above the area that these deflect.

These will the the next iteration of those triangles:
They may adjust the flow rate, but the issue is the temp of the air. If you run 150 degree water over your hand, I don’t think it matters much how fast the flow rate is. What matters is the heat content of the air and subsequent heat transfer.

Old 10-31-2022 | 12:44 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

992 GT3RS Exclusive track attire...
The following 3 users liked this post by RealityGT:
Diablo Dude (10-31-2022), NA6speed (10-31-2022), raymort (10-31-2022)
Old 10-31-2022 | 01:08 PM
NA6speed
Instructor

??? Where am I trying to defend this issue? I'm just saying that no one knows how much worse (or not) compared to another car it will be.
And I simply used it as an example for how some seem to know everything about this car only from looking at it and reading the specs. It's just funny

Last edited by NA6speed; 10-31-2022 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2022 | 01:16 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magger46
To me is very easy braking in the same spot when i race...

To me is almost impossible to brake in the same spot to make a judgement on stopping times and distance. For this is mandatory a telemetry recording . Not to mention the fact that they are braking in different zones of the tarmac, with tires with different level of wear! Is just a big no!

This video are just crap!
Bingo
Old 10-31-2022 | 02:05 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

I may have missed this as I stopped following this thread a few weeks ago. But was there ever a video in youtube or an article that actually discussed this issue with hot air entering the cabin and not really in a sense that speculates but rather a person driving the car experiencing it? Because we have no idea how bad it is. It could be a mild annoyance or a total disaster to the point it will simply eliminate the car from a buyer’s shopping list.
Old 10-31-2022 | 02:13 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
I may have missed this as I stopped following this thread a few weeks ago. But was there ever a video in youtube or an article that actually discussed this issue with hot air entering the cabin and not really in a sense that speculates but rather a person driving the car experiencing it? Because we have no idea how bad it is. It could be a mild annoyance or a total disaster to the point it will simply eliminate the car from a buyer’s shopping list.
In Texas with 105 ambient and 160 track temps, I can guarantee you any additional cabin heat is not a mild annoyance. Betting 90% of anyone tracking this car in the summer will be installing a chillout system for sure.
Old 10-31-2022 | 02:30 PM
IORR
Racer

a good friend of mine in Germany drove the 992RS on the track a few days ago and his opinion is that the car was designed for the GT2RS Turbo motor...,
992 GT3 Tourings were pulling away from him on the straights because of the power/downforce ratio
its a downforce monster for a race track, the more bends the better, but totally wrong for public roads.
90km on turns felt safer than 80km because the downforce pressed the car to the pavement.
Old 10-31-2022 | 02:35 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IORR
its a downforce monster for a race track, the more bends the better, but totally wrong for public roads.
90km on turns felt safer than 80km because the downforce pressed the car to the pavement.
Downforce is a real thing, but it doesn’t more than offset the reduced grip of driving faster. Otherwise, it would be safest to take every corner at 184mph (its maximum speed).
Old 10-31-2022 | 02:39 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

In Texas with 105 ambient and 160 track temps, I can guarantee you any additional cabin heat is not a mild annoyance. Betting 90% of anyone tracking this car in the summer will be installing a chillout system for sure.
Let me be more clear, we dont know the amount of that air entering cabin. It could be 2% of the air or 82%. Only a real drive can tell. I was just wondering if it actually has been documented yet. I agree the air leaving a radiator thats at 180-194F water temp will be over 150F.

Quick Reply: 992 GT3RS