991.2 Spoiler Behavior - Page 3 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices
991
Sponsored by:

991.2 Spoiler Behavior

 
Old 07-21-2017, 10:59 AM
  #31  
911boy
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,277
Default

^I'm 5'6"............Can barely see over the dash so seeing wing in rear view isn't a possibility. ......
911boy is offline  
Old 07-21-2017, 02:21 PM
  #32  
freeman727
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 248
Default

Originally Posted by 911boy View Post
^I'm 5'6"............Can barely see over the dash so seeing wing in rear view isn't a possibility. ......
me too
freeman727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 03:00 AM
  #33  
porscheperth
New User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Default

I have a 2017 911 GTS (991.2) ... when the rear spoiler deploys it seems to have two different auto height levels.
Is this correct?
Sometimes I can see more detail of the spoiler in the rear view mirror than other times ... depending on speed and conditions.
Is the heigh determined by the sunroof position also?
porscheperth is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 09:16 AM
  #34  
caritch
User
 
caritch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 137
Default

I have noticed the 2 heights as well. Can't seem to determine what activates the one that goes up higher.
caritch is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:17 AM
  #35  
subshooter
Super User
 
subshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: New Orleans, LA (NOLA)
Posts: 2,541
Default

Originally Posted by porscheperth View Post
I have a 2017 911 GTS (991.2) ... when the rear spoiler deploys it seems to have two different auto height levels.
Is this correct?
Sometimes I can see more detail of the spoiler in the rear view mirror than other times ... depending on speed and conditions.
Is the heigh determined by the sunroof position also?
Originally Posted by caritch View Post
I have noticed the 2 heights as well. Can't seem to determine what activates the one that goes up higher.
Yes. Two different positions. You both must have sunroofs. Drive at 80 mph or so that the spoiler goes up. Then open your sunroof. You will see the spoiler rise substantially in your rear view mirror. I believe this was the same as the 991.1. It does that to compensate for the aerodynamic changes of the car with the sunroof open.
subshooter is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 10:33 AM
  #36  
caritch
User
 
caritch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 137
Default

Thanks!
caritch is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 PM
  #37  
arter
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
arter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 723
Default

991.2 spoiler goes up at 55 mph and down at 35 mph per manual. ( Plus if it is hot).
I have the longer sport design spoiler and thus can see it in the rear view mirror and it matches these speeds..
arter is offline  
Old 12-09-2017, 09:53 PM
  #38  
AF330i
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 206
Default

Originally Posted by subshooter View Post
Yes. Two different positions. You both must have sunroofs. Drive at 80 mph or so that the spoiler goes up. Then open your sunroof. You will see the spoiler rise substantially in your rear view mirror. I believe this was the same as the 991.1. It does that to compensate for the aerodynamic changes of the car with the sunroof open.

I believe on the 991.1 this is a spasm only feature where it raises higher when the sunroof is open, I've never seen my 991.1 which only has pasm spoiler change in height ... heck i can't see the damn thing the rear view mirror ever raise. Not sure what applies to the 991.2
AF330i is offline  
Old 12-10-2017, 02:38 AM
  #39  
K-A
Super User
 
K-A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,028
Default

Originally Posted by subshooter View Post
Yes. Two different positions. You both must have sunroofs. Drive at 80 mph or so that the spoiler goes up. Then open your sunroof. You will see the spoiler rise substantially in your rear view mirror. I believe this was the same as the 991.1. It does that to compensate for the aerodynamic changes of the car with the sunroof open.
Originally Posted by AF330i View Post
I believe on the 991.1 this is a spasm only feature where it raises higher when the sunroof is open, I've never seen my 991.1 which only has pasm spoiler change in height ... heck i can't see the damn thing the rear view mirror ever raise. Not sure what applies to the 991.2
Since I have a Vorsteiner spoiler, I can see it perfectly frame the bottom of the rear window when up. I too have PASM (not SPASM) and didn't think I noticed it rise more when the sunroof is open. Or maybe I haven't paid close enough attention. I asked the dealer if they can code it to raise to SPASM height (since I got the SPASM front lip) but he claimed they can't do it.
K-A is offline  
Old 12-10-2017, 07:11 AM
  #40  
porscheperth
New User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Smile

Originally Posted by porscheperth View Post
I have a 2017 911 GTS (991.2) ... when the rear spoiler deploys it seems to have two different auto height levels.
Is this correct?
Sometimes I can see more detail of the spoiler in the rear view mirror than other times ... depending on speed and conditions.
Is the heigh determined by the sunroof position also?
Thx for the info ...
porscheperth is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 05:46 PM
  #41  
dhirm5
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 210
Default

Learned something new about my 991.2 GTS with SPASM. I was driving down the parkway on a rarely gorgeous day (DC Metro, absolute **** summer so far) and happened to have the sunroof tilted open. Noticed I could see my spoiler clearly in the rear view, which I had otherwise never seen. Came hear to search, and walk away enlightened.

Thanks all.
dhirm5 is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 05:51 PM
  #42  
caritch
User
 
caritch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Westchester, New York
Posts: 137
Default

caritch is offline  
Old 07-19-2018, 07:42 PM
  #43  
Avalon911
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Kennett Square, PA and Avalon, NJ
Posts: 270
Default

I sprung for the mini-duck on my .2 just so I could tell if the spoiler was up or down in my rear view.
Avalon911 is offline  
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 PM
  #44  
ryandarr1979
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 149
Default

My rear spoiler is always deployed high angle of attack when in sport + and sunroof is open 35 mph+. Hot or cold day. I have a ‘18 C4S with X51.
ryandarr1979 is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 Spoiler Behavior


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: