Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets see your PTS 911

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 03:34 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 46 Posts

Love your choices Pete! But I'm a little biased. Almost like you took my 2 cars and made a 991.2 smoothie.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2017, 04:00 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

Congrats Pete on the Oak Green car. I've got one on order, too. Lovely color I think and presents very differently in sun versus shade.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,101 Likes on 660 Posts

Looks great. I wonder why PAG has had a ban on green 911s for so long?
Old 10-24-2017, 05:08 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,312 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
This one?
That one, indeed.

Whatever you do, don't ask Mooty for advice on
whether or not to 'stick it' to Carlsen....
Ha. Yes, aware of this.

When my sales advisor, Pete Laban, made the leap from Walter's to Carlsen, my business went with him. I've known Pete a long time, and he has taken good care of those I've sent his way. He was trained by the great Bert Ohlander, and is a real enthusiast. He treated me fairly with the GT4 @ MSRP, and treated me well in this transaction as well. I did not ask for, or expect, a discount on an ordered car, but I guess there are discounts to be had on 991.2 Carreras—as we've seen elsewhere on RL (for those who will ask, I am not willing to divulge the % out of respect for Pete).

Beating the style of 'Eduardo' should be fairly easy from a professional
automotive journalist & an editor of Excellence, PCA's
Panorama & 000 Magazine!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Thanks, but I think I have my work cut out for me thanks to your mastery of RL intrigue!

Originally Posted by racemor
Love your choices Pete! But I'm a little biased. Almost like you took my 2 cars and made a 991.2 smoothie.
Oooooh, an Oak Green 964, lowered on Cup 1s. Perfection. One of the "ones that got away" from me was a gorgeous 964 C2, Oak on Mahogany, with 29,000~ miles. When I called, it was sold.

Originally Posted by Keadog
Looks great. I wonder why PAG has had a ban on green 911s for so long?
I've wondered, too. They were available in the 996/997 era here and there, but usually in shades that were either on the lighter side and/or had some blue to them. The only dark green 991 I can think of that wasn't PTS was the ultra-rare Worldwide Club Coupe in Brewster. Could be as simple as the family and/or board deciding to keep dark green 911s special. Or maybe the design dept doesn't think they're fashionable...or maybe they didn't sell well. Who knows?

Last edited by stout; 10-24-2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:02 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Oak really does present differently. It almost looks like Malachite Green (997) in the pics above, but doesn't look like that in person, looking grayer. The best representation is in the pic with the GT4. It is lighter in bright sun than expected—really lighting up on the highlights, then plunging into a dark green elsewhere.

Vehicle completion on 9/01. Saw a couple of PTS cars around Zuffenhausen when I was there two weeks ago, including a Signal Yellow 991.2 GT3 in the Porsche Museum parking garage.

Agree on too bad about no PTS on the 911T, though we may see a window on that next year. Have to admit I am a bit wistful about taking delivery this weekend and missing the T's SPASM, LSD, lower gearing, and other touches—but sticking my dealer with such a uniquely optioned Carrera wouldn't be cool, and a T with PCCB and other options on my car would run $126k. Perhaps some T bits will make their way onto this car if it proves to be a longterm keeper.

I've been following the thread on the new "T" as well. I definitely like that car but this green PTS thing you just took delivery on is so incredibly special. Absolutely stunning. Congrats! ...and don't look back.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:57 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Congrats. The oak green and others on this thread are very cool. More importantly, it’s nice to see the individuality of these PTS vehicles (from a guy who bought GT silver). Most importantly, this thread is like an oasis from all of the nonsense banter that permeates so many other threads.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:22 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

I would also love your take on the new .2 991T that
Porsche just announced this week. It's right up your
alley (and mine!).

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
I forgot to circle back to this question. Sorry!

I think it's a win for Porsche enthusiasts, and a real break from 911 Carrera model strategy over the last 20 years or so. Shorter gearing, an LSD, sport suspension, PSE, lightweight bits, etc. plus availability of some parts and options sure to appeal to the performance-oriented (and that is you and me). Some of those bits will be out there for those who decide to mod 991.2 Carreras down the road. The gearing and LSD, the lightweight windows and sound deadening deletes are highly appealing.

Don't love the name, the gray mirrors, or the forced gray wheels—but those are nits. A bigger issue is the price gets out of hand in my desired spec...to the tune of $126k in GT Silver. Problem is a GTS spec I could live with (less interior frou frou, and the standard S/GTS brakes) is $125k. I'd probably still go for the T, but hmm.

Even so, I welcome the addition of the T to the lineup. Like the GT4, .2 GT3 MT, and GT3 Touring, it suggests that Porsche does listen to enthusiasts…
Old 10-25-2017, 12:25 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Pete, as a fan of PCCBs (have them on my car as well), it never occurred to me how great they would look on a green car. Absolutely transformative. I'm still not ready to own a green 911, but if I ever do it will be because of the pictures of your car.

Bravo.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:20 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

I don't know if enough time has passed since the first request for the options has passed to meet the Eduardo model for audience intrigue , but here's the list:

911 Carrera 991110
Exterior Paint to Sample, Metallic 99 (Oak Green)
Natural Leather Interior in Espresso NE
Manual Transmission 487
Deletion of Model Designation 498
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 603
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) 450
20" Carrera S Wheels 433
Sport Seats Plus (4-way) P05
Seat Heating (Front) 342
Seat Ventilation (Front) 541
Smoking Package 583
Steering Column Casing in Leather XNS CXC
Voice Control QH1
BOSE® Surround Sound System 9VL

Was going to go with the standard interior in black, but started wondering about Agate. A trip to a dealer revealed that 1) Agate only looks great to these eyes on leather or smooth surfaces, and 2) it might look "muddy" with Oak. This opened the door to leather, which opened the door to Espresso, which came with a possible benefit: Natural Leather might fix a problem for my better half, who doesn't like the smell of modern Porsche interiors. Full-leather press cars have made her nauseous, and my partial-leather GT4 hasn't been much better. Turns out, she likes the smell of the Carrrea, so Espresso was worth it for that alone. I go back and forth on whether I would have been happier with LTS in Black Natural Leather with gray stitching, and am a bit wistful about the dash/door trim. In Black, Agate, or Graphite Blue, I'd have ordered the trim in leather—but it was too much brown. I considered brushed aluminum, but don't love it when it's bright silver. So I inquired about getting the muted anthracite brushed trim from my GT4 via CXX...but the price came back at $3400 and I couldn't justify it (10x the price in a GT4, and nearly half the price of PCCB).

Ah, and why no PSE? Put simply, I don't like the price or the optics. So far, the car is too quiet—especially after coming out of the raucous (and sublime) GT4, so sound-deadening delete and/or mufflers may be in the future. I may add twin-pipe tips in black later, but I weirdly kind of like the bizarre pairing of base tips with PCCB. As Laban put it, it's kind of kinky.

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Pete, as a fan of PCCBs (have them on my car as well), it never occurred to me how great they would look on a green car. Absolutely transformative. I'm still not ready to own a green 911, but if I ever do it will be because of the pictures of your car.

Bravo.
Thanks! Funnily enough, I asked about CXX Calipers in Black, but was "dissuaded." The yellow works better than I thought it would...

Last edited by stout; 02-23-2018 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:32 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

The green on yellow with silver wheels just pops. I bet the brown interior on green really looks awesome. You have good taste.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:52 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Bumping this to the top. Have seen Lots of new PTS 991s, would love to see all the different colors in one thread!
Old 02-23-2018, 11:02 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
The green on yellow with silver wheels just pops. I bet the brown interior on green really looks awesome. You have good taste.
Thanks, and +1 on Dbull's request. Would love to see more of the PTS cars out there...
Old 02-24-2018, 08:50 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

I started another thread on my “new to me” CPO PTS Targa 4 GTS
Old 02-24-2018, 12:05 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 965 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
I started another thread on my “new to me” CPO PTS Targa 4 GTS
Beautiful spec Jam. What are your plans for her? Drop, exhaust, wheels?

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...

Last edited by WheelsB; 02-26-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:13 PM
Dbull65
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

That is one Beautiful car Jam! I am really liking the Meer Blau!

Quick Reply: Lets see your PTS 911