Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlazinPond's 2018 991.2 GTS build, delivery and ownership thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 04:27 PM
991.2GTS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My lock-in date for the GTS is the same July 10. Arrived at dealer in Canada on Nov. 10. Hope it will be earlier
Old 07-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been a fan of the storage compartment lid with logo/crest. I think it looks great, but inevitably you will put your elbow on it, and it'll start to degrade more quickly due to friction, dry skin, oils, lotions, etc.
I completely agree that the steering column casing in leather is incredible. You'd be amazed at how visible it is. However, the impact is greatest if you have deviated stitching.
Also, the interior trim needs an update... dark aluminum looks great, but I would maybe do brushed aluminum to give a little contrast. And I've never been a fan of the wood or carbon steering wheels. They might look great, but I could never get used to the mixed surfaces when you're rounding a corner (or just when you get into a hot car and touch the glossy top of the wheel). Have to try this out in person to see if it would annoy you like it does me!
Here's a sweet option (but certainly a bump in price): Interior Package with Stitching in Deviated Thread: Dashboard upper section, upper section of door trims, steering wheel, seats front and rear, and rear side panels in decorative stitching in deviated thread.

Or instead of doing bright brushed aluminum, you could do carbon fiber trim with deviated stitching in Chalk... here's my build:
www.porsche-code.com/PJTZG1F9
main differences:
Carbon Fiber interior icw full leather interior
Deviated stitching, Chalk (medium-bright stitching, stands out but doesn't "glow" like Pebble stitching does)
MuFu steering wheel (comes deviated stitching as well)
Leather wrapped steering column (though it's not showing me an option for deviated stitching on the column)
Old 07-04-2017, 04:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I am between a wood multifunction and a GT and multifunction with heat in regards to the wheel. I love the GT because it has a black hub surround but I am getting mahagony trim so I am sticking with the wood wheel for now. Between carbon and GT, GT all the way.

Also, MAKE SURE YOUR DEALER SPECS VOICE CONTROL it is free and only available on customer order cars.

I could also temp you with leather to sample in natural black (comes with free deviated stitching), but it will delay your build.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:34 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

I actually love that grey/grey spec. The Agate grey interior has a lot of brown in it and looks fantastic. that build price isn't bad at all relatively speaking. I also really do like the 14 ways...they aren't a step down at all. They are just a different seat with reference to feel and aesthetic. I think you'll love it!
Old 07-04-2017, 04:43 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I like the rear wiper but it is $370 (used to be free) and ugly (the stem goes through the glass). If I was going to DD in rain or snow I would get it, but as it stands my pcars could do without wipers other than for bug removal. :-)
Old 07-04-2017, 04:48 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 167 Posts

I CANNOT THANK ALL YOU GUYS ENOUGH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO OFFER UP RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!

This is really helping me.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
I CANNOT THANK ALL YOU GUYS ENOUGH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO OFFER UP RECOMMENDATIONS!!!!

This is really helping me.
BTW, please feel free to give a shameless plug for your salesperson (by name, email, and/or phone). If he's doing right by you, tell others in your region how they can reach him!
As a Porsche salesman ("Brand Ambassador") myself, I love to see positive mentions of my name online!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:07 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Capital Porsche
I've never been a fan of the storage compartment lid with logo/crest. I think it looks great, but inevitably you will put your elbow on it, and it'll start to degrade more quickly due to friction, dry skin, oils, lotions, etc.
I completely agree that the steering column casing in leather is incredible. You'd be amazed at how visible it is. However, the impact is greatest if you have deviated stitching.
Also, the interior trim needs an update... dark aluminum looks great, but I would maybe do brushed aluminum to give a little contrast. And I've never been a fan of the wood or carbon steering wheels. They might look great, but I could never get used to the mixed surfaces when you're rounding a corner (or just when you get into a hot car and touch the glossy top of the wheel). Have to try this out in person to see if it would annoy you like it does me!
Here's a sweet option (but certainly a bump in price): Interior Package with Stitching in Deviated Thread: Dashboard upper section, upper section of door trims, steering wheel, seats front and rear, and rear side panels in decorative stitching in deviated thread.

Or instead of doing bright brushed aluminum, you could do carbon fiber trim with deviated stitching in Chalk... here's my build:
www.porsche-code.com/PJTZG1F9
main differences:
Carbon Fiber interior icw full leather interior
Deviated stitching, Chalk (medium-bright stitching, stands out but doesn't "glow" like Pebble stitching does)
MuFu steering wheel (comes deviated stitching as well)
Leather wrapped steering column (though it's not showing me an option for deviated stitching on the column)
Big fan! Definitely a strong contender... if i want to add a few grand more!
I see the option to add deviated steering casing for only $100 something more.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:08 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Big fan! Definitely a strong contender... if i want to add a few grand more!
I see the option to add deviated steering casing for only $100 something more.
That's the price to add deviated stitching (like ~$90?) to the leather steering column casing... so you first have to add the leather option, then the deviated stitching. But for some reason, the stitching doesn't show as on option on my configurator at this time.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:08 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

BTW, please feel free to give a shameless plug for your salesperson (by name, email, and/or phone). If he's doing right by you, tell others in your region how they can reach him!
As a Porsche salesman ("Brand Ambassador") myself, I love to see positive mentions of my name online!
Great suggestion. Definitely.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:09 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

That's the price to add deviated stitching (like ~$90?) to the leather steering column casing... so you first have to add the leather option, then the deviated stitching. But for some reason, the stitching doesn't show as on option on my configurator at this time.
Ya, something like 470 for leather casing or 610 for deviated leather casing.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:10 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991.2GTS
My lock-in date for the GTS is the same July 10. Arrived at dealer in Canada on Nov. 10. Hope it will be earlier
Sweet! Maybe on the same ship together. We will have to compare notes when the time comes.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:12 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sechsgang
I actually love that grey/grey spec. The Agate grey interior has a lot of brown in it and looks fantastic. that build price isn't bad at all relatively speaking. I also really do like the 14 ways...they aren't a step down at all. They are just a different seat with reference to feel and aesthetic. I think you'll love it!
Thanks man. I needed this...to help balance all the comments! When in doubt, trust my gut and original build!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:14 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

That's a nice build!

If you can find one on the dealer's lot, I'd sit in a car with the Agate Grey interior and see if you notice interior glare (it's been a hot topic recently).

I've got both 14-way and 18-way seats (different cars of course). If you or one of your likely passengers are plump then the 14-ways might be more comfortable. If you are slim you might really prefer the 18-way since they keep you snug and in place. Definitely sit in both and adjust the side bolsters on the 18-way and think about taking turns with the rear axle steering... (good call on that by the way). My wife prefers the 14-way and I... err... don't.

I think the GT Sport steering wheel is an automatic $0 add for the GTS. The configurator gets finicky when you add and remove it along with the heated multfunction. If it isn't automatically included, I recommend adding it. I have both options in my car (in other words the smaller diameter GT Sport with heat and multi-function buttons).

I think the painted brushed aluminum looks out-of-place, I'd consider the $0 leather interior package i.c.w. leather interior for the console, cupholder, and door trim. Just a personal opinion, of course.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:19 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by digits
That's a nice build!

If you can find one on the dealer's lot, I'd sit in a car with the Agate Grey interior and see if you notice interior glare (it's been a hot topic recently).

I've got both 14-way and 18-way seats (different cars of course). If you or one of your likely passengers are plump then the 14-ways might be more comfortable. If you are slim you might really prefer the 18-way since they keep you snug and in place. Definitely sit in both and adjust the side bolsters on the 18-way and think about taking turns with the rear axle steering... (good call on that by the way). My wife prefers the 14-way and I... err... don't.

I think the GT Sport steering wheel is an automatic $0 add for the GTS. The configurator gets finicky when you add and remove it along with the heated multfunction. If it isn't automatically included, I recommend adding it. I have both options in my car (in other words the smaller diameter GT Sport with heat and multi-function buttons).

I think the painted brushed aluminum looks out-of-place, I'd consider the $0 leather interior package i.c.w. leather interior for the console, cupholder, and door trim. Just a personal opinion, of course.
Good stuff...thanks. I'll have to figure out how to add small GT wheel with heated multi-function.
I have the black brushed aluminum in my Macan GTS. It may be nice to have leather interior package in this one. Hmmmm....

Quick Reply: BlazinPond's 2018 991.2 GTS build, delivery and ownership thread