Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other options to reduce interior trim glare?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 08:15 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
You could always consider a class action lawsuit, like some Cayenne folks have done. smdh
Have you driven a Cayenne with a Luxor Beige interior? You wouldn't SYDH so much.

Having said that, it's something that should have been discovered on the test drive.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:16 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 640 Posts

Thanks, all. For anyone with interior wraps, how does the surface hold up? (I realize life outside the car is tougher, but I sit closer to some of the trim, and some areas are prone to contact with hands, arms, sleeves, etc.)

Richard, I think you are driving too hard--looks like evidence of sweaty palms.
Old 06-30-2017, 06:07 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Thanks, all. For anyone with interior wraps, how does the surface hold up? (I realize life outside the car is tougher, but I sit closer to some of the trim, and some areas are prone to contact with hands, arms, sleeves, etc.)

Richard, I think you are driving too hard--looks like evidence of sweaty palms.
Pic is from delivery in April 2016 where it snowed 3" wet heavy snow during the night after car unloaded from transport and left outside.
We took the car in doors in the morning and all the snow melted while we were removing the coverings.
No harm to interior.-Richard
Old 06-30-2017, 08:57 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Got the Class Action package a couple of days ago for my Cayenne regarding windshield reflection (Luxor Beige interior), and the cure is polarized sunglasses (I figured that out quick). Settlement includes up to $175 for polarized sunglasses. When I drove the Cayenne home from the dealer, I couldn't see anything. Polarized sunglasses solved the problem. The Class Action required a receipt, and it was easy to get as I purchased the glasses from Amazon a day after I got the vehicle (2013 model).

Try polarized sunglasses.

Last edited by philg3; 07-02-2017 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:02 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Have you driven a Cayenne with a Luxor Beige interior? You wouldn't SYDH so much.

Having said that, it's something that should have been discovered on the test drive.
yes, for 29 months. Our first one. Glare didn't bother me, showing dirt and dye transfer from jeans did bother me, so we went black on the 2nd.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by philg3
Got the Class Action package a couple of days ago for my Cayenne regarding windshield reflection (Luxor Beige interior), and the cure is polarized sunglasses (I figured that out quick). Settlement includes up to $175 for polarized sunglasses. When I drove the Cayenne home from the dealer, I couldn't see anything. Polarized sunglasses solved the problem. The Class Action required a receipt, and I it was easy to get as I purchased the glasses from Amazon a day after I got the vehicle (2013 model).

Try polarized sunglasses.
aviators baby
Old 07-02-2017, 07:36 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I do wear polarized glasses though, and thats probably why the glare never bothered me
Old 07-02-2017, 10:05 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Every dealer doesn't has every permutation and combination of colors that one is considering. No, I did not test drive a Luxor Beige Cayenne because none were available to test drive. Most of us custom order, and hope for the best. We learn from our mistakes, and reading up here.

The Class Action surprised me, but then again I'm on my third Cayenne, and the first generation was plagued with expensive problems, so I don't feel guilty about being reimbursed for a pair of sunglasses.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:37 PM
kuma1416
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by OKB
put clear bra over it
+1
After I put PPF on my front end, I decided to also put some on the aluminum trim interior and the passenger side door armrest because I take my little dog for rides and he likes to scratch at things. Even though I was never bothered by any glare, I noticed the Al trim now has a less reflective appearance, so this might work for you.

Quick Reply: Other options to reduce interior trim glare?