Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Tire Lettering on their street car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:38 PM
friar93
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
New P-Zero's can be pre-ordered with colored sidewall.
I checked those out....you can get a custom color for the lettering for $1,000 more. what an awesome way to throw money away.

I might try the aftermarket ones, i like the idea they are removable. ill post pics if I do.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got lettering on mine. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but it's grown on me considerably. For better or for worse, I feel like the car gets more attention now too.

Old 06-21-2017, 01:51 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

I've got lettering on mine. I wasn't so sure about it at first, but it's grown on me considerably. For better or for worse, I feel like the car gets more attention now too.
I can understand you buying them because you like them, but getting more attention may not be a strong argument for having them since much of the attention could be negative. For example there was 997S with a stripe down the hood that was parked on the company's parking lot. It too got a lot of attention, but judging from conversations I had with friends, almost all of it was negative.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:33 PM
friar93
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

CODE, where did you get them and was there a specific size you ordered? I saw one site and there were different size options
Old 06-21-2017, 04:32 PM
Mufus
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where can we order these letters ? I mean, something of quaility. Not cheap China fakes..
Old 06-21-2017, 04:35 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

https://www.tirestickers.com/
Old 06-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by friar93
CODE, where did you get them and was there a specific size you ordered? I saw one site and there were different size options
They came from tiregraficx.com, and are the permanent raised rubber letters. I dont remember exactly what size though, I believe 1". I'll check when I get home tonight and let you know.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:49 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

I just ordered some of these from Coker for my GT4:

C'mon people. Have a little self-respect. As fast1 pointed out, the rest of us won't be laughing with you; we'll be laughing at you.

People know it's a Porsche. People know you have fancy tires on it. Let it stand on those facts without the billboards.
Old 06-21-2017, 04:56 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

the bad thing is when people put false stickers on. I saw some Michelin stickers on a set of yokohamas once
Old 06-21-2017, 05:00 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker

C'mon people. Have a little self-respect. As fast1 pointed out, the rest of us won't be laughing with you; we'll be laughing at you.

People know it's a Porsche. People know you have fancy tires on it. Let it stand on those facts without the billboards.

Specs on offset please. Will they fit 991 C2S without spacers?
The following users liked this post:
ecrouch01 (11-27-2021)
Old 06-21-2017, 05:04 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Specs on offset please. Will they fit 991 C2S without spacers?
For a C2S you'll want Wide Ovals...

Old 06-21-2017, 05:10 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

God forbid should people ad a touch of individuality to their cars! It's personal preference, and if people dont like it then they can go f**k themselves.
The following users liked this post:
Jink (05-03-2020)
Old 06-21-2017, 05:16 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Originally Posted by Code
God forbid should people ad a touch of individuality to their cars! It's personal preference, and if people dont like it then they can go f**k themselves.
Believe me, sometimes I wish I didn't have such classic good taste so I could enjoy things like corndogs and fake tire letters. Honestly, it's a burden at times. And the responsibility! It's not like I can log in here, see these pictures and keep it to myself! Talk about irresponsible. Twenty-four months from now when the tire-letter guys look back at photos of these things and slap their foreheads in shame, do you think I could live with myself if I had stood idly by and let it go without comment?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Code
Agree. When I'm out driving, I'm driving, not stopping to talk to folks at Cars and Colons. So if someone thinks I'm a douche, I'll never know. That said, these only look good on GT cars/exotics IMO. Look out of place on a standard Carrera.

Last edited by Archimedes; 06-21-2017 at 07:04 PM.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:22 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Believe me, sometimes I wish I didn't have such classic good taste so I could enjoy things like corndogs and fake tire letters. Honestly, it's a burden at times. And the responsibility! It's not like I can log in here, see these pictures and keep it to myself! Talk about irresponsible. Twenty-four months from now when the tire-letter guys look back at photos of these things and slap their foreheads in shame, do you think I could live with myself if I had stood idly by and let it go without comment?
You know what, you're right. Thanks for the PSA, and for being the voice of the entire Porsche community. We'll be sure to consult you first prior to making any decisions regarding the aesthetics of our vehicles. Perhaps you should send a letter to Pirelli as well, and inform them of the worlds discontent with non-black lettering on sports car tires. Clearly they need some guidance in that area. http://color.pirelli.com/en-ww/?

Quick Reply: Anyone have Tire Lettering on their street car?