Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Tire Lettering on their street car?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 04:34 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Bless you. That is quite a burden to carry with you. As my Grandfather used to say - "we all have our crown of thorns to wear". He'd then jump in his red Porsche, with a giant farking wing on the back, turn on the sport exhaust, and burn out, cackling like a mad man.

He was humble, and had a nose for hypocrisy as well
+1, totally agree. I feel if you had the cash or credit to get one of these cars which don't come easy or cheap then do to it what you wish. If you willingly ask for input or critique than be prepared to get more than you asked for from the self perceived elite that reside here.
I do what i want and if I want to post it in a thread I do a but I am not looking for someone to make me feel better with my choice. I'm comfortable with my own taste level.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:52 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
+1, totally agree. I feel if you had the cash or credit to get one of these cars which don't come easy or cheap then do to it what you wish. If you willingly ask for input or critique than be prepared to get more than you asked for from the self perceived elite that reside here.
I do what i want and if I want to post it in a thread I do a but I am not looking for someone to make me feel better with my choice. I'm comfortable with my own taste level.
I am the elite. It's not a matter of perception.

My post was merely pointing out (in a hopefully humorous way) that NaGABiker isn't exactly driving around in moto-subtle. And some may find his choice (not I) as tasteless.

Old 06-23-2017, 06:22 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 229 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Benedict14
Bless you...
Oh, I am humbled! A blessing from Benedict XIV. I am not worthy, Father.

Old 06-24-2017, 12:51 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 731 Posts

There are too many people on this site that have a higher opinion of themselves than reality. Good luck with your own self perceptions. Most of you who comment about taste don't have a clue what that really means. Have fun humoring yourselves. Sometimes this site bores me because of the attitude of some that exist here.
Op it's your car do what you want.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:17 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 229 Likes on 123 Posts

Alright, people, I tried. I pointed out, with unfailing gentleness and an appeal to your higher sensibilities, just how bad this idea really is. I took one for the team here, opening your eyes to how your fellow man, woman (maybe not child) will see you. I rolled back the curtain to shine the light of truth on how even your fellow well-heeled sportscar enthusiast will perceive you.

Alas, all to no avail. The cries of anguish, the gnashing of teeth at my simple appeal to decorum, good taste, and a modicum of restraint have worn me down. My work here is done. I wash my hands of this burden, this duty to my fellow Porsche owners. Cavort about like BMW-philes if you wish; tart up your rides like 24-year-olds who just got their first 350Z. My record is clean, my reputation unsullied.

I tried. Lord knows, I tried...
Old 06-24-2017, 10:17 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

NoGA is right... I mean yeah you have the right to do whatever you want but he's just trying to help you not get laughed at by countless passers-by.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:31 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

This thread is so HILARIOUS. I thought the JROD "spoiler erect at all times" had the crown.

Where is that thread??
Old 06-24-2017, 10:31 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Alright, people, I tried. I pointed out, with unfailing gentleness and an appeal to your higher sensibilities, just how bad this idea really is. I took one for the team here, opening your eyes to how your fellow man, woman (maybe not child) will see you. I rolled back the curtain to shine the light of truth on how even your fellow well-heeled sportscar enthusiast will perceive you.

Alas, all to no avail. The cries of anguish, the gnashing of teeth at my simple appeal to decorum, good taste, and a modicum of restraint have worn me down. My work here is done. I wash my hands of this burden, this duty to my fellow Porsche owners. Cavort about like BMW-philes if you wish; tart up your rides like 24-year-olds who just got their first 350Z. My record is clean, my reputation unsullied.

I tried. Lord knows, I tried...

Name:  photo284.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  162.5 KB
Old 06-24-2017, 10:55 AM
fast1
Race Car

Received 220 Likes on 146 Posts

There are too many people on this site that have a higher opinion of themselves than reality. Good luck with your own self perceptions. Most of you who comment about taste don't have a clue what that really means. Have fun humoring yourselves. Sometimes this site bores me because of the attitude of some that exist here.
There's a lot of irony in your post.
Old 06-24-2017, 12:07 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea this all started when the dim bulbs from Porsche went to the 991.2 for lulu's
Old 06-24-2017, 12:15 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,076 Likes on 1,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I love RWL tires (guess from growing up in the 70s) and I've debated the tire stickers myself. Worried that it might be perceived as kinda douchey, like driving around town with the spoiler up. Think it looks best on black wheels and only on the more serious sports cars (GT3's, etc.). Would look kind of weird on a run of the mill Carrera IMO.
+1

It all depends on the car

-

Old 06-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I clicked on this expecting to hate lettering, but there are some tasteful examples. I think I like!

The comparison between truck nutz and tire lettering doesn't compute with me. My impressions are more nuanced when comparing a vulgar declaration of gender to a pointless aesthetic.
Old 06-24-2017, 02:25 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

So has anyone seen the valve stem covers that light up with movement?
Old 06-24-2017, 02:58 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,238 Likes on 2,729 Posts

Only Porsche this looks good on is a lowered vintage with aggressive offset (ie outlaw) or a GT3RS. GT3 is borderline at best. Putting tire stickers on a stock Carrera is questionable. It's like wearing sneakers with a suit.
Old 06-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Oh, I am humbled! A blessing from Benedict XIV. I am not worthy, Father.

Haha BTW - my choice of screen name had nothing to do with the late Pope. Although; I was relieved to discover that I chose a 'good one'. When are we going to see some photos of the GT4 ?

🙏🏻

Quick Reply: Anyone have Tire Lettering on their street car?