Old 06-20-2017, 01:09 AM
PacificGerman
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default GT Silver 991.2 Project

Hey Rennlist,

Decided to put together a little project thread for my 991.2 C4. I've had the car for about 7 months now, and it has been a great experience so far! While it was a great car stock out of the box, there was absolutely no intention to leave it standard. The reasoning behind getting a C4 instead of an S, or waiting for a GTS, was simple; these cars all share the same engine, with the only differences (power wise) being turbochargers and tuning. There were already plans to upgrade the power, brakes, aero, etc, so why to spend $xx,xxx amount more for just a badge at that point?

The options were pretty mild, I am not really a big fan of full leather interior, and most of the car will be changed in the long run so there was no point to buy things twice.

The car didn't stay standard for long.. Infact, only three days into ownership it already had the Bilstein coilovers, Elephant control arms, Brembo brakes, and the Gloss Black 20" KlassenID Wheels installed. Here are a few shots:

The car stayed like this for a few months, but it wasn't enough.. So in May, it received a partial makeover

The Current Enhancement list:

GIAC Engine Performance Tuning Software
Fabspeed Bypass pipes
Fabspeed Skid Plate
Vossen LC-105T 21x9 front 21x12 rear in Gloss Gold
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/30/21 & 305/25/21
Bilstein RideControl Coilovers
Elephant Racing Rear Adjustable Control Arms
Brembo GT 380mm kit front
Brembo GT 380mm kit rear
Carrera 4S OEM Front Spoiler
Techart Type ll Rear Spoiler
European Rear Bumper
Gloss Black Exhaust Tips
Recaro Sportster CS Seats - Custom GT Silver Seat Backs & Bases
RSS Roll Bar Powdercoated in Gloss Red
Red Seatbelts
Pinnacle Formula One Ceramic 50% Window Tint
OEM GT3RS Fabric Door Pulls in Red

There are probably a few things missing from this list, but there will be more to come! Anxiously waiting for intercooler upgrades, turbo upgrades, and more power

Let me know what you guys think. I'll continue to update this thread as the car goes on. Looking to get it out onto some of the local Socal tracks once the Summer heat dies down.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Mods? Cool. Been a while since we've seen much.

Nice Interior looks amazing.

Have pics of Euro rear bumper? Just doing it for looks I assume?

Keep us posted
Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 AM
mikex25

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Great build how do you like the tune? Haven't seen too many people with it yet and are you planning on getting an exhaust?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 427 Likes on 213 Posts

Wow awesome! Looks great man.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:03 AM
midwesterner
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks great. Do you have any error codes with the Recaro seats? I've been toying with the idea of those for my 991.1. They look beautiful!!
Old 06-20-2017, 06:21 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,213 Likes on 731 Posts

How did you get the strap door opener on? Tried to do that on my 991.1, but was told it could not be done.
Old 06-20-2017, 09:34 AM
*991*
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 116 Posts

Love the spoilers
Tech art looks great. Bilsteins great
Not a fan of the rims though
Old 06-20-2017, 10:41 AM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics from the back

looks good
Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM
PacificGerman
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Mods? Cool. Been a while since we've seen much.

Nice Interior looks amazing.

Have pics of Euro rear bumper? Just doing it for looks I assume?

Keep us posted
See picture below. Did the Euro rear bumper for aesthetics, it does make the wide rear end of the C4 look even wider since the license plate cutout is wider. Its also how Porsche designed the car, so I figured why not.

Originally Posted by mikex25
Great build how do you like the tune? Haven't seen too many people with it yet and are you planning on getting an exhaust?
The GIAC tune is amazing! I think if anyone is planning to upgrade one of these cars, this should be the first thing done. The car is so much more enjoyable to drive, power is noticeable everywhere from low end to high rpm passing power, especially the torque!
There are plans for an exhaust, though I would like to see if anyone is making power gains over the PSE system since it already makes a ton of noise as it is when the valves are open.

Originally Posted by midwesterner
Looks great. Do you have any error codes with the Recaro seats? I've been toying with the idea of those for my 991.1. They look beautiful!!
Thanks, no error codes! I've owned several sets of these seats now in various cars, I could never live with any error codes / lights / warning messages. Best seats ever! (perhaps next to the LWB, but at least these recline)

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
How did you get the strap door opener on? Tried to do that on my 991.1, but was told it could not be done.
The GT3RS uses different door panels entirely, so this is not a plug and play upgrade. There was some fine tuning involved, but its easily reversible if needed to be. And looks awesome.

Originally Posted by RODOLFO04
Pics from the back

looks good
My photographer from the set above didn't take any rear end shots for whatever reason, so here is a low quality iPhone snap from the way to Vegas last week. Don't mind the blue 3m tape, the paint was still somewhat fresh. (protecting from rock chips!)

Old 06-20-2017, 11:32 AM
freeman727
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you get the rear spoiler?

Originally Posted by Sprchng
See picture below. Did the Euro rear bumper for aesthetics, it does make the wide rear end of the C4 look even wider since the license plate cutout is wider. Its also how Porsche designed the car, so I figured why not.

The GIAC tune is amazing! I think if anyone is
planning to upgrade one of these cars, this should be the first thing done. The car is so much more enjoyable to drive, power is noticeable everywhere from low end to high rpm passing power, especially the torque!
There are plans for an exhaust, though I would like to see if anyone is making power gains over the PSE system since it already makes a ton of noise as it is when the valves are open.

Thanks, no error codes! I've owned several sets of these seats now in various cars, I could never live with any error codes / lights / warning messages. Best seats ever! (perhaps next to the LWB, but at least these recline)

The GT3RS uses different door panels entirely, so this is not a plug and play upgrade. There was some fine tuning involved, but its easily reversible if needed to be. And looks awesome.

My photographer from the set above didn't take any rear end shots for whatever reason, so here is a low quality iPhone snap from the way to Vegas last week. Don't mind the blue 3m tape, the paint was still somewhat fresh. (protecting from rock chips!)

Old 06-20-2017, 12:54 PM
RSSmike
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:27 PM
quattr0
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you so much for sharing! I'm having the same project on my C2.

How difference is it having these two installed: Bilstein coilovers, Elephant control arms? Do you have front air lift?

I drove 2015 GT3 and love the steering feel so much. Trying to find a solution.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:51 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,873 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Nice, but liked the first set of rims on GT Silver a lot more than the gold ones.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:03 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The GIAC tuning info notes 98 and 108 octane for their performance #'s benefits... Are you using those or just 91?
Old 06-20-2017, 02:18 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really like the first set of mods you performed--the car looks very cohesive....the last mods add more--like what an aftermarket company does to illustrate all mods that are possible---enjoy your ride

Curious as to the cost of the mods? Can't be cheap---

Cheers

Last edited by CDH911C2S; 06-21-2017 at 12:09 AM.

Quick Reply: GT Silver 991.2 Project