Sponsored by:

Rennline Exactfit Dash Phone Mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017 | 04:29 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by puppycat
I received the mount yesterday and it was super easy to install.
If you buy the mount can you use it on "either" side of the console, or does it just work for the right, or left.
Old 07-19-2017 | 04:37 PM
puppycat
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BradB
If you buy the mount can you use it on "either" side of the console, or does it just work for the right, or left.
Yes, the same mount can be used to mount on either left or right side
Old 07-19-2017 | 04:42 PM
Fünfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I put mine here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9181...l#post14308854
Old 07-19-2017 | 04:51 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 183 Likes on 98 Posts

I ordered mine and it came with only the center console lower mount adapter. I wanted the upper mount. Make sure you order the correct one.
Old 07-19-2017 | 05:38 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

The best place for my phone is my pocket. I don't need it while I drive. Besides I would never stick a plate on the back of my iPhone, neither a case. But that's just me.
Old 07-19-2017 | 06:48 PM
Valvefloat991
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 81 Posts

Even if you have the wit to avoid texting and E-mailing while you drive, it's nice to have Waze running to supplement a radar detector. Between the two of them your chances of a ticket go down by about 90 percent.

I have my magnet glued to a cheap hard case that I modified to make it easy to fit and remove and I only use it in the car for this mount.
Old 07-19-2017 | 06:55 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Valvefloat991
I have my magnet glued to a cheap hard case that I modified to make it easy to fit and remove and I only use it in the car for this mount.
Do you have photos of your setup and/or link(s) to the part(s)?

thanks!
Old 07-19-2017 | 07:44 PM
Fünfer
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I put the metal piece between my phone and the case. Not glued. Just stuck it in there. I have a fairly thin case and just completed a 2k mile roadtrip and it did not slide around at all. And there was some hard cornering involved.

I also have a lightning cable right there, which connects my phone to the PCM as an iPOD player and I can play my full music library while the phone is being charged.
I can also use the aha service that way.

I am very happy with the setup!!
Old 11-18-2017 | 12:46 PM
Stryatch
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder If this will work with new iPhones that have wireless charging? I have An X and wonder if the magnet will block my wireless charger.
Old 11-21-2017 | 06:48 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 674 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Stryatch
I wonder If this will work with new iPhones that have wireless charging? I have An X and wonder if the magnet will block my wireless charger.
The X has a glass back, so the magnet won't attach to the phone directly. You'd have to add a steel stick-on plate or case, but those would interfere wireless charging. Also note that magnetic mounts interfere with the compass in the phone. This isn't too big a deal except that some nav apps get confused as to which way your car is facing when you aren't moving since they often initialize their orientation using the compass.

I've taken my Renntech magnetic mount out now that I have a X.

{SOLD - or Given that is} If anyone wants a free one I'll ship if to you via USPS ground for free... I'll pay the shipping. It is the one that mounts on the lower part of the console. I don't have the steel plates anymore. If you need those you can buy a small set of them on Amazon for $5. PM me if you want the freebie, but I won't be able to ship until next week.

Last edited by StormRune; 11-21-2017 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-21-2017 | 08:21 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 134 Posts

MY SOLUTION.....
Just use the cup holder. Works even better with my new iPhone X
No panel removal.... No blocking of PCM.... No problem with iPhone X charging.... NO KIDDING!

Old 11-22-2017 | 07:46 AM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts

I tightened it down but the magnet on mine spins around - is it supposed to?
Old 11-22-2017 | 11:00 AM
Gordon Shumway
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

That's where mine goes, if it's not in my pocket. It works much better as a phone holder than a drink holder.

Originally Posted by jingber
MY SOLUTION.....
No panel removal.... No blocking of PCM.... No problem with iPhone X charging.... NO KIDDING!

Old 11-22-2017 | 02:25 PM
Mountain_Smith
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by StormRune
The X has a glass back, so the magnet won't attach to the phone directly. You'd have to add a steel stick-on plate or case, but those would interfere wireless charging. Also note that magnetic mounts interfere with the compass in the phone. This isn't too big a deal except that some nav apps get confused as to which way your car is facing when you aren't moving since they often initialize their orientation using the compass.

I've taken my Renntech magnetic mount out now that I have a X.
Have you found a replacement option yet? I have really enjoyed this mount, especially how it blends in due to it's low profile when my phone isn't mounted. I just upgraded to an iPhone X and will be switching to wireless charging soon, so I can't rely on the magnetic plate and need to find a new option. The only viable option I am seeing so far is something from ProClip, but those look awful when the phone isn't mounted. I've searched the other threads here, and haven't found anything better to move to at this time.

Originally Posted by jingber
MY SOLUTION.....

I frequently have a drink in my cupholder, so unfortunately this is not a viable option for me. . .but agree this is a great option.
Old 11-23-2017 | 01:08 AM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 634 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain_Smith
Have you found a replacement option yet? I have really enjoyed this mount, especially how it blends in due to it's low profile when my phone isn't mounted. I just upgraded to an iPhone X and will be switching to wireless charging soon, so I can't rely on the magnetic plate and need to find a new option. The only viable option I am seeing so far is something from ProClip, but those look awful when the phone isn't mounted. I've searched the other threads here, and haven't found anything better to move to at this time.

I frequently have a drink in my cupholder, so unfortunately this is not a viable option for me. . .but agree this is a great option.
I still use a magnetic plate with iPhone X and wireless charging. I use the smaller Scoshe plate and attach it towards the bottom of the phone (wireless charging is towards the center of the device). Works five now on my magnetic mount as well as my wireless charging stand.
The following users liked this post:
fxmixer (12-22-2020)

Quick Reply: Rennline Exactfit Dash Phone Mount