Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frustrated with service department

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 03:30 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

The sad thing is that NOBODY is perfect, so having perfect scores are meaningless. They don't help to improve service or identify areas that need attention. From a service improvement perspective, I'd rather see honest scores and have the metric be for the dealer to show how they are addressing things. And things - and people - are cyclic, so as people change and new models change, different areas may lose focus and need attention. It's normal... where a perfect score isn't.

In fact, if I'm the guy at PCNA collecting all this data, what the hell do I do with it? Wait for the one score of 9 to roll in so I can go all Hulk on the poor dealership??
Old 06-10-2017, 03:37 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

That was a good article and thanks for posting it. Now the dealers quest for the perfect 10 makes sense to me.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:21 PM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 551 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowerz
I rarely go to car dealerships and my experience with the Lexus dealership in my area has been great with zero surprises. Sounds like that is the exception rather the rule. I think with my Porsche dealership I will follow the advice here and bring the car in for work and be ready for anything no matter how clear any plans were for the work beforehand. The loaner is a 2016 Cayenne S Hybrid. I was unimpressed with it until I found the sport mode button then it was MUCH better

Ended well. Dealer had the car ready by 4:30 and got the recall done.
But then you have to drive a Lexus.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowerz
I am not going to name the dealer and service department I am dealing with because I wanted to get some feedback here to find out if my experience is common or not.
So I schedule my first year service and the recall work on my 911.2 C2s for this morning.
Funny, I am just trying to schedule same - you got the fuel collection pipes' recall too? I have a '17 CS. My local dealer has to get back to me as they need to give me a loaner. I also have a wheel scrape that I got in Germany, tight parking ramp and car coming other way (day 2 of ownership ) and I had to move over a bit and just clipped a concrete lip on corner of ramp - man Euro parking is tight! %$# - w/ RHS rear. Have the Porsche USA tire and wheel ins so want my RS 20" fixed up as well.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:22 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

My mother had a nail in her Macan's tire and called to confirm that the new tire was in stock. She decided to wait when she arrived for the appointment; three hours later she was told they did not have the tire in stock, so they were going to pull one off a car sitting on the lot.

She ended up spending six hours at the dealer, and will now always take the loaner.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:38 PM
Jammin
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer transports my 911 on a flat bed to the dealership for service and will drop off a loner too. Dealership around 110 miles away. There are 2 Porsche dealers within 20 minutes of my home.
Old 06-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

I'd rather the dealership worry more about taking the time to do every job right than get the car out the door on schedule.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:54 AM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by KenTO
But then you have to drive a Lexus.
Love our Lexus RX450h. Perfect do everything car that my wife drives to work. Love my 911 too. Love my two KTM motorcycles. Love my bicycles. All good fun. OK well, I would not call the Lexus fun so much as a loyal water carrier

Quick Reply: Frustrated with service department