Racer

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

No SUV driving on the Masters course.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:05 PM
s4vant
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Driven991
She enjoyed it but the road course speed was not for her. She really liked autocross and was glad she attended.
thanks for the reply, and glad to hear she *mostly* enjoyed it.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:50 AM
Driven991
Racer

Received 92 Likes on 36 Posts

Back story....my first driving school was at Ford Performance school in Toele Utah at Miller Motorsports Park. I had a Boss 302 at the time and Ford covered a track day as part of buying the car new from them so I booked a 2 day school and it was my first track driving experience. My wife attended with me as an observer and thought it would be something she would like to do. However looking at it from the outside and driving in the car are very different things.

When got our Pcar she was all in on attending the course. We booked the course when we got our 14 C2S.

I kind of got a chuckle when my wife admitted that driving fast on the road course did not appeal to her since I heard so much about how she "got it" when I attended Ford school. Since the Masters course had a lot more road course time in open lapping with no instructor, she decided that it was not for her. Frankly she would not have been the slowest in the class but I think my particular masters group had more older and less aggressive participants than usual.

There were two ladies participating in this Masters course but they were placed in the second flight of cars so I did not get to talk with them at all. Overall there seem to be very few ladies who participate in the course. In my intro Porsche course there was a young husband wife couple who gave themselves the intro Porsche class as a gift. They did not even own a Porsche. She was a much better driver than he was and seemed to really excel at the course and neither one of them had any real track time before attending.

My personal opinion is that anyone who buys a new Pcar should get a discount and be strongly encouraged to attend the introductory PSDS because I don't think most people can appreciate just how good the Cayman, Boxster, and 911 platforms are until you drive them the way Porsche meant for them to be driven. Multiple laps on a road course driving hard with NO modifications to the car.
Old 06-06-2017, 12:11 PM
s4vant
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

some of my best instructors have indeed been women.
could not agree more. was blown away by the capability of the new base 911 (granted with cass piloting).
thanks, this is helpful and will give me some proper questions to vet my wife's level of interest and commitment to the class.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:05 PM
ntravaglino
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you had an awesome time! I did Performance last fall, and now you've got me all fired up to go back and do Masters!

Quick Reply: Porsche Sport Driving School Masters Program 6/1-6/2 2017