Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman/Motorcycle-Idiot crash in Austin

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2017, 08:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

We've had so many of these out here in the Bay Area over the years, I've lost count. Sometimes the fault of the rider, sometimes the fault of the sporty car driver, some honest mistakes, but most just irresponsible behavior. Always sad.

Basic question though, did the Cayman owner not have full coverage auto insurance and some health insurance?

BTW, as an FYI if some of you don't know it, certain states have what is called overlapping uninsured/underinsured motorists coverage, which overlaps with the other party. I found out the hard way that California is one of those states. For example, let's say that you had $200k of UI coverage and you get hit and suffer $400k in damages. In most states you'd get anything the other party had (say they had $200k as well) and then yours would kick in. So in that example you'd be fully covered. in certain states, like California, if they had $200k, you would get nothing from your policy. The insurance companies don't like to publicize this. My advice to anyone, particularly moto riders, is to max out your UI coverage. It's relatively cheap and it can save your butt.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:25 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Bemo
This guy is a ******* idiot and I wish I could kick him in the face repeatedly. There I said it.

Agreed! What a dumb mother ****er. Hopefully somehow, someway the Cayman owner can re-coupe his loses and make a full recovery with no permanent damage.
Old 05-22-2017, 02:40 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 419 Posts

Yikes.

It seems on some days driver/riders with a conscience are outnumbered by Darwin award nominees.

Yesterday a Mini passed me using the right shoulder while I was rolling though Chattanooga, TN on 1-75 when there was 4 other lanes to my left to choose from .... then they went to the far left lane to continue to zigzag through traffic.

Quick Reply: Cayman/Motorcycle-Idiot crash in Austin