Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers offering discounts off msrp - 991.2 gts orders?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 09:45 AM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
I agree with this sentiment; but, waiting around for a phone call, to coin a song phrase, is not my stick. So, I would suggest being more active in the search for a discounted car.
That is, know the discount you want (8% is a good one), know the price you want to pay for your build (+ delivery). Know how you want to finance. Then start calling dealers nationwide. Sound like a buyer and not a tire kicker, so, when the initial call screener asks: "when are you looking to buy this car?", you say: "Today." Be ready for rejection. Be ready to pony up a large down payment (5 figures). Most of all, before you pick up the phone, be ready to say "yes."

Don't be a prisoner of the "rare allocation so I need to wait around" mindset. There's a dealer out there who needs the money gingling in your pocket. You just have to find him.
^^^This^^^

OP,

If you are a serious buyer then go shopping and be prepared to put down your cash when you find the deal you want. Pcar dealers want you to believe that they are doing you a favor by selling you a car at any price but especially the one that puts the most money in their pockets. Don't worry, you can give them more of your money when you take it in to be serviced if it makes you feel better.

Don't be fooled, you are buying a depreciating asset.

They are exceptional cars but Porsche just wants you to buy one so don't overpay.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:12 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by 81911; 12-03-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:41 AM
dodgersfanatic
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kennypowers
thanks, brian

would you be able to share the discount and or dealer?

certainly could put an s model in the mix if the discount differential between the s and gts is large
Kenny,

They were willing to save me about $2k off the price of the GTS. He asked me not to share the discount on the C4S, but let's just say it was significant enough for me to decide to go with one with a power kit over a GTS even factoring in the potential difference in resale value between the two models. Also the way I would have ordered the GTS, it would have pretty much have been a twin of the car I own now. While I love the look of the center lock wheels, I just don't think they're practical especially for flats or if you want to put on your own winter wheel and tire set.

-Brian
Old 05-08-2017, 12:59 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 81911
Well I have worked at two different stores (large stores) for the better part of a decade. So yeah, I think I know more than most.
GTS cars are different this time around but what do I know? OP should listen to the guy who cruises the forums in his spare time.
So you know what your store's policy is or what your leadership wants you to believe. That doesn't mean there isn't another store that is ready to get someone's business at a lower profit margin that your stores are.

When I purchased my C2S last summer, I was told the same ol' schtick about "These cars don't get discounts, but since I like you I'll go to 1% off". Surprisingly, I was even allowed to leave my local dealer without them changing their tune. I already had test driven a car at a prominent dealer on the other side of the country and reached out to them. Long story short, my local dealer decided they actually did want my business and gave me a substantial discount on an ordered 991.2 after they called me back a few days later. The salesman was either a really good liar or he truly didn't know that such a discount would be permissible at his store. I was asked not to disclose the number, but it's not out of line with what others are reporting for really good deals.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last edited by 81911; 12-03-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:45 PM
CREDITGURU
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Kenny,

I live in Dallas Tx and was dealing with Porsche of North Houston and they first offered me $3000 and I asked for a 6% and the most I got out of them was 3% on a new build for 2019 Gts January delivery.

Quick Reply: Dealers offering discounts off msrp - 991.2 gts orders?