Sponsored by:

My "Great Falls" Exxon Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
If you decide to go to Katie's Cars and Coffee, you really need to get there by 6:30 a.m. to get a halfway decent parking spot. Also, be CAREFUL where you park, there are collisions so choose your space accordingly. Don't go for the "showy" parking like this Ferrari did - he got backed over by the Merc SL, I was right there when it happened. I park by the bank, nice and safe and not too far a walk.

As to the local gas station for your service, choose wisely on that as well. Kevin, the Service Advisor at Porsche Tysons was telling me they just did a $ 92,000 engine replacement on a 2016 Turbo S because the owner didn't want to pay the Porsche Dealer Price for the service and took it down the street to the gas station for the oil change. It didn't go well - and the engine seized as they put the oil in the wrong place. Not saying all are bad - but they don't usually work on these kind of cars as a rule and it can be costly to remedy.
I looked this up and evidently there is a "Curse of the red Ferrari".

"Katie’s Cars and Coffee doesn’t like red Ferraris. At least, you’d think that judging by how many seem to end up in ditches, walls, and Mercedes rear bumpers after heading there. Last year, a red Ferrari 599 crashed into three cars on Georgetown Pike heading into Katie’s Cars and Coffee while later that season, a Mercedes backed into a red 458 Speciale parked at the show. Three years ago, red 458 leaving the famous cars and coffee jumped the barrier on 495 from the entrance ramp leading from Georgetown Pike.

And the Katie’s Cars and Coffee Ferrari curse isn’t over yet. This past Saturday (03/11/17), a red Ferrari 355 heading to the weekly car show had a one-on-one date with nature when a deer jumped into the Georgetown Pike two-lane road causing the driver and passenger to take the vehicle for an albeit short offroading adventure.

Amazingly – other than a few scratches, none of the above accidents resulted in deaths or serious injury. Props to the F-car manufacturer and American safety standards, I suppose."

Link to article with photos.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:50 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I looked this up and evidently there is a "Curse of the red Ferrari".

"Katie’s Cars and Coffee doesn’t like red Ferraris. At least, you’d think that judging by how many seem to end up in ditches, walls, and Mercedes rear bumpers after heading there. Last year, a red Ferrari 599 crashed into three cars on Georgetown Pike heading into Katie’s Cars and Coffee while later that season, a Mercedes backed into a red 458 Speciale parked at the show. Three years ago, red 458 leaving the famous cars and coffee jumped the barrier on 495 from the entrance ramp leading from Georgetown Pike.

And the Katie’s Cars and Coffee Ferrari curse isn’t over yet. This past Saturday (03/11/17), a red Ferrari 355 heading to the weekly car show had a one-on-one date with nature when a deer jumped into the Georgetown Pike two-lane road causing the driver and passenger to take the vehicle for an albeit short offroading adventure.

Amazingly – other than a few scratches, none of the above accidents resulted in deaths or serious injury. Props to the F-car manufacturer and American safety standards, I suppose."

Link to article with photos.
Where'd all those mustang guys get enough money for Ferrari's?
Old 09-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Where'd all those mustang guys get enough money for Ferrari's?
The median income is about $250K.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:05 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
The median income is about $250K.
That is not enough for a Ferrari but to each there own
Old 09-27-2017, 12:12 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

That's a median income. In other words, there are a lot of wealthy people living in Great Falls...

...and the entire area.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rebecca.../#9c365422ef38
Old 09-28-2017, 04:19 PM
keinmitleid
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made way, wayyyyy less than that when I had my 355.

You only live once
Old 09-28-2017, 08:01 PM
MrSelfDestruct
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
I am at Katie's almost every Saturday as long as it is not raining. Where are the VA rennlisters?

Yes, I do wake up early every day!!!
Must have missed this thread when it was posted. Used to go to Katie's all the time but haven't had time to make it out this year.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:05 PM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts
Default This Weekend...9/30

I am going to try and make it out there this weekend...Black 2018 Targa GTS, hopefully will see someone off the list.
Old 09-29-2017, 11:48 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Heading to PA today to hike at the most beautiful series of water falls on the planet, Ricketts Glen.
Old 09-30-2017, 07:22 PM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Made it to Katie's Cars & Coffee - met a few folks, good to see the P car's out there, I am out of pocket for the next 2 weekends. No pics, but it was awesome...

Quick Reply: My "Great Falls" Exxon Service