My "Great Falls" Exxon Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Type 2
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 19 Inch Wheels Torque

Originally Posted by LexVan
Yes, they do. Re-check my numbers....19" wheels may have a different, lower, (96 ft.lbs.) torque setting. I'm correct for the 20".
The 19" wheels (Turbo II) on our 2012 997.2 are to be torqued to 118 ft. lbs. There is a thread, with a bulletin reference, from several years ago that addressed Porsche AG's torque recommendation for wheels, I just don't have the time at present to search for it, as we are leaving for the Sunrise - Sunset Rally across Florida in a few minutes.

Best Regards, Type 2
Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM
bogdan_p
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Only on the .2's....not the 991.1s
More proof that the 991.1 is the superior 911.

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
I haven't been yet. Somebody said you need to be there by 6AM or so to get parking. When the weather is nice, I'll plan to go. This weekend is going to be lousy weather. I'll post something when I go.
Not too far from the truth, 6am is a good time to get there and settle in. The lot is very crowded by 7am.
Old 04-21-2017, 04:57 PM
OKB
Three Wheelin'

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

not to dispute any factory spec, although 10-15 lbs isnt much difference.
I always torque every wheel I have owned since the 80s , to 96 or at most 100 lbs. Never any trouble with any wheel. it makes it a whole lot easier to remove , it doesnt hurt the wheel or lug or hub. And from experience, when you get a flat in the nite and rain, you it makes it a whole lot easier and less stressful to use a tire tool to remove the lugs
Old 04-21-2017, 05:06 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I am at Katie's almost every Saturday as long as it is not raining. Where are the VA rennlisters?

Yes, I do wake up early every day!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 05:28 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk
I am at Katie's almost every Saturday as long as it is not raining. Where are the VA rennlisters?

I am usually early enough to park opposite the patio entrance and sit at a table across from the barrista until it gets light, the rain lets up, the ice melts...
Look for the Platinum Silver C2S with the blue parking meter in the window.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
I am usually early enough to park opposite the patio entrance and sit at a table across from the barrista until it gets light, the rain lets up, the ice melts...
Look for the Platinum Silver C2S with the blue parking meter in the window.
Will do. I am always wearing a black Porsche hat at Katie's C&C

Update: I missed today's C&C due to rainy weather. There is always next Saturday

Last edited by captainkirk; 04-22-2017 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 PM
MadIrish
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

posted in wrong thread, sorry.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by MadIrish
Called local dealer to inquire about a 30k service as I recently bought the car with sparse history and wanted to get regular service on record. Told them that I did not need the oil/filter changed or the cabin filter...just the spark plugs, air filter and a slew of checks.

THey called me back...$2200 for the full list of 30k service interval, take $500 off since I had already done oil and cabin airfilter. $500 for an oil change??? On $110 (max) worth of parts retail??? $1700 for air filter, plugs, and 25 odd checks.... Local indie wants $330.
All I can say is “wow”.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:20 PM
MadIrish
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Dan Nagy...sorry, dunno how my post wound up in the wrong thread....explains why it was off topic, lol....but,yeah, "wow" indeed!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:21 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by MadIrish
Called local dealer to inquire about a 30k service as I recently bought the car with sparse history and wanted to get regular service on record. Told them that I did not need the oil/filter changed or the cabin filter...just the spark plugs, air filter and a slew of checks.

THey called me back...$2200 for the full list of 30k service interval, take $500 off since I had already done oil and cabin airfilter. $500 for an oil change??? On $110 (max) worth of parts retail??? $1700 for air filter, plugs, and 25 odd checks.... Local indie wants $330.
We don't really have a 30K service. It is 40,000 miles or 4 years.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:39 AM
wes66vette
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by captainkirk

This should be it's own thread...I just bought my Targa GTS and have been looking for events and gatherings...

I am in Falls Church, VA.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:30 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,864 Likes on 1,352 Posts

If you decide to go to Katie's Cars and Coffee, you really need to get there by 6:30 a.m. to get a halfway decent parking spot. Also, be CAREFUL where you park, there are collisions so choose your space accordingly. Don't go for the "showy" parking like this Ferrari did - he got backed over by the Merc SL, I was right there when it happened. I park by the bank, nice and safe and not too far a walk.

As to the local gas station for your service, choose wisely on that as well. Kevin, the Service Advisor at Porsche Tysons was telling me they just did a $ 92,000 engine replacement on a 2016 Turbo S because the owner didn't want to pay the Porsche Dealer Price for the service and took it down the street to the gas station for the oil change. It didn't go well - and the engine seized as they put the oil in the wrong place. Not saying all are bad - but they don't usually work on these kind of cars as a rule and it can be costly to remedy.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:14 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

$92k engine replacement
Old 09-26-2017, 04:09 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie

As to the local gas station for your service, choose wisely on that as well. Kevin, the Service Advisor at Porsche Tysons was telling me they just did a $ 92,000 engine replacement on a 2016 Turbo S because the owner didn't want to pay the Porsche Dealer Price for the service and took it down the street to the gas station for the oil change. It didn't go well - and the engine seized as they put the oil in the wrong place. Not saying all are bad - but they don't usually work on these kind of cars as a rule and it can be costly to remedy.
I wouldn't lump Great Falls Exxon into that category. He is a Porsche owner and has the manuals to do the work. Just sayin'.

Having said that, Chad at Porsche of Tysons is a genius.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:31 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
If you decide to go to Katie's Cars and Coffee, you really need to get there by 6:30 a.m. to get a halfway decent parking spot. Also, be CAREFUL where you park, there are collisions so choose your space accordingly. Don't go for the "showy" parking like this Ferrari did - he got backed over by the Merc SL, I was right there when it happened. I park by the bank, nice and safe and not too far a walk.

Both of those cars were illegally parked in the Fire Lane, and the older woman who backed up readily admitted her fault. There has been nothing else like this in the 5 years that Katies CnC has been happening. PS I was standing about 50 feet away when it happened. I park very early in front of the Tavern and have never had an issue. The Claymores in the doors help. Can't say the same for the roads leading there- country treelined roads with more than a few fools in pickup trucks and sports car.

As for the Exon station- go by some time and you will see everything from Lambos to Ferraris to Porsches being serviced there. It is not a typical neighborhood gas station.

Quick Reply: My "Great Falls" Exxon Service