Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wandering eyes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 02:32 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Sold a fully built Jeep TJ for the Porsche. The 991 does it for me on the street, AX, and at the track. I don't miss the TJ or black diamond trails/rock crawling. But I do miss getting away from people and exploring dirt roads. Looking at a new Jeep Compass with a few very minor mods and I am currently taking the longest time ever to build a 64 Baja Bug. Lots of variety.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 72 Posts

This occupies a bit of our time.

Old 04-13-2017, 02:56 PM
stcole416
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Anyone else own one of these or driven the subayota?
I had an Elise for 3 years and have regretted selling it. There really is nothing else like it on the road. Very easy to work on and fun driving around town. It was very uncompromising and can become expensive if you have to do any bodywork. It's extremely light and "unfiltered".

It was great for autocross but I never had it out on the track. Regarding the fit, it fit me well, but if you're taller than 6 feet or weigh more than 200 lbs, I think that it would be a tight fit.

If you think that you will fit and have room for a good 4th, 5th car, you should check it out! Interesting but I purchased it for around $30k and sold for around $30k 3 years later. They are still around 30...
Old 04-13-2017, 04:22 PM
2001_S15
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_Rated
How tall are you? I love those but I'm 6'3" and 220 p0unds...
5'9" so I fit OK. Easier for me to get into and out of than smaller cars like the Elise. And slightly more exclusive/powerful/fun to drive than a Miata.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:45 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

The FRS/BRZs are performing extremely well in autocross even with no mods or special tires. There are quite a few showing up at each event, more BRZs than FRSs. They stay amazing flat in the turns and seem quite well balanced.

Taking a look at the autocross results from the last time I went, there were seven of them there out of 127 cars. Three of them ran better times than I did. (So I feel compelled to cook up an excuse: The course was one of the tightest ones I've seen, even for autocross, so my additional power never got a chance to come into play and was more likely to get me into corners too hot.) The power in the BRZs... and the Miata's... seem pretty danged ideal for autocross.

I'm not as big a fan of the new Miata's from an aesthetics point of view. They also seem to sit oddly high... with big wheel gaps. I guess there is a fortune to be made there for somebody.

And yeah, I tried one of the hard topped Elises (I forget the variant but it had an intake scoop on the top that was cool looking!). I literally had to touch my chest to my legs to get in and out. (6'0") Other than that though... it seems like a really cool car once you get past feeling like you are sitting at go-cart heights. But I guess that's great for handling, ride not so much.

Last edited by StormRune; 04-13-2017 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Elise addition

Quick Reply: Wandering eyes.