Old 04-06-2017, 07:37 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,128 Likes on 674 Posts

Old 04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
verstraete
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Actually rear seat delete could make sense for a variety of reasons. It would allow a larger and more flexible carrying space for all kinds of objects, including large dogs. Because I travel frequently in rural parts of New England without cell service, I would like to be able to more easily fit a spare, or removed conventional tire, in the rear. One of the things on my to-do list is to investigate removing as much as possible of my current rear seat hardware, while retaining the ability to easily replace it later for resale.
I don't see how rear seat delete, or removal, could possibly compromise the car's performance capability or my enjoyment of it in any way.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by verstraete
Actually rear seat delete could make sense for a variety of reasons. It would allow a larger and more flexible carrying space for all kinds of objects, including large dogs. Because I travel frequently in rural parts of New England without cell service, I would like to be able to more easily fit a spare, or removed conventional tire, in the rear. One of the things on my to-do list is to investigate removing as much as possible of my current rear seat hardware, while retaining the ability to easily replace it later for resale.
I don't see how rear seat delete, or removal, could possibly compromise the car's performance capability or my enjoyment of it in any way.
I'm thinking the same thing. Trying to find a good solution for transporting my dog. Tired of him slobbering on the passenger seat.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:30 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SacJoe
I'm only familiar with the Bay, and areas have 3 person HOV requirements.

well sure, because I was talking about a 911s cabriolet. I'm not going to remove all that stuff now, but if it came from the factory that way, it would have been fine for resell. given I'll more than likely buy it at the end of the lease, I'm not concerned
Seats folded, top down, screen up. 2 seater accomplished!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:28 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 688 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by verstraete
I'd like to see you squeeze a 20" 305 tire into the car. In addition. you'd need more than space to transport it there, you'd need a solid tie down. Imagine an accident with that wheel/tire flying around inside the car??
Old 04-06-2017, 04:38 PM
SacJoe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I've been on rennlist for a long time before you got here, you poseur. This forum is for adults, that can actually drive a sports car to its fullest, not just commute in HOV lanes to the office in their leased status symbol.

People come on rennlist to solicit opinions, if you can't handle ones that don't completely fit your exact preconceived notions, then the internet is too scary for you, little one.
you are comical and assume way too much buttercup
Old 04-06-2017, 05:16 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SacJoe
you are comical and assume way too much buttercup
I had a similar response but for some reason it was removed. I've been here a decade longer than him, what's he talking about?

Let's get some solutions going for the rear seat delete. I believe Suncoast has a kit for the 991.1 which applies, right?
Old 04-06-2017, 05:49 PM
SacJoe
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sticky
I had a similar response but for some reason it was removed. I've been here a decade longer than him, what's he talking about?

Let's get some solutions going for the rear seat delete. I believe Suncoast has a kit for the 991.1 which applies, right?
Hahahahahaha... I wish i could be as perfect as that guy! Apparently leasing makes me a second class citizen but why spend my personal money on the car initially when i can write it off as a business expense? Guess he doesn't have that option. I also didn't realize a porsche is a status symbol, because for me, i could care less what others think. I just want to enjoy getting from A to B.

As for the rear seat delete... I'm not sure if to qualify for hov, it had to come from the factory that way.

Quick Reply: 991.2 rear seat delete