Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So what do you think of this interior?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts
Default So what do you think of this interior?

Leather package interior strip, bordeaux clock, deviated stitch on upper panel, dash and rear panel, seatbelts in bordeaux.

I've been eyeing this combo and actually found a pic of an identical combination. This would be going into a black car.

Only consternation I have is with the deviated stitch. Don't want to spend $4000 on outfitting the entire car -- having a single line across the horizon like this is about $1200 which is much more palatable.

I would be getting black instrument dials and red sports chrono, red belts as well as a wrapped steering column with or without stitch (haven't decided yet)

Curious what the board thinks of this look. Does the limited deviated stitch look good? When you get wrapped up in the configurator it's easy to lose perspective.

Old 02-17-2017, 08:35 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Looks good to me.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2017, 08:36 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

looks nice
Old 02-17-2017, 08:47 AM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 74 Posts

I does look seriously good indeed. Personally, I would do all or nothing. It would give me agita not having everything match. I may well be in the minority though so please don't let that dissuade you. It really does look good!

You could argue though that while sitting in the seats you would never see the red stitching on them anyway while the items in your horizon would always be in view.

Decisions! Just know either way it looks SHARP.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:52 AM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,648 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Pay the price to get LTS and deviated stitching is 'free' - or so I've read on the board.

Do black *Natural* leather as LTS and get red stitching everywhere.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:01 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,112 Likes on 669 Posts

If you can get approved for leather to sample ($5600), all standard deviated stitching is available to order at no extra charge. And there are lots of shades to choose from, both in leather color and stitching. That's what I have on order. I wanted a black interior in natural leather and got it approved by PE/PAG a couple months ago. They did charge extra for deviated stitching on a few of the leather options (like steering column casing) - no idea how they decided that. And I'm not getting the car until "July".
It does delay your build (at least it did mine) by a couple months, but it "saved" me around $4K in deviated stitching charges.
Hope I like it and can keep this one more than a year...
Old 02-17-2017, 09:03 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by worf928
Pay the price to get LTS and deviated stitching is 'free' - or so I've read on the board.

You beat me to it. Yes, I ordered LTS in black natural leather and saved "approximately $4000.00" on the "almost entire interior" in GT Silver deviated stitching. It did back up production date a couple months.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:12 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by AWay
I does look seriously good indeed. Personally, I would do all or nothing. It would give me agita not having everything match. I may well be in the minority though so please don't let that dissuade you. It really does look good!

You could argue though that while sitting in the seats you would never see the red stitching on them anyway while the items in your horizon would always be in view.

Decisions! Just know either way it looks SHARP.
Yeah, it's one of those things isn't it -- I'm thinking/hoping that doing the horizon gives a little pop, but won't look weird. Where everything in the middle is black and a single line at eye level would be balanced.

Originally Posted by worf928

Originally Posted by Keadog
If you can get approved for leather to sample ($5600), all standard deviated stitching is available to order at no extra charge. And there are lots of shades to choose from, both in leather color and stitching. That's what I have on order. I wanted a black interior in natural leather and got it approved by PE/PAG a couple months ago. They did charge extra for deviated stitching on a few of the leather options (like steering column casing) - no idea how they decided that. And I'm not getting the car until "July".
It does delay your build (at least it did mine) by a couple months, but it "saved" me around $4K in deviated stitching charges.
Hope I like it and can keep this one more than a year...
LTS would be sweet, but definitely not in the budget. Not sure if it's available anyway -- PTS window closed in Jan.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:20 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

I woould do the deviated stitching on the seats instead. Stands out among all the black.
Old 02-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d
Yeah, it's one of those things isn't it -- I'm thinking/hoping that doing the horizon gives a little pop, but won't look weird. Where everything in the middle is black and a single line at eye level would be balanced.

To my eye, I think if you do the entire top belt line like the car in the pic, it'll look great. Since I'm spending your money, I would also order steering column casing in leather ($465) with the same deviated stitching ($80). I did that on my '15 TT and I think it really adds a nice touch to the deviated stitching for "not much more" $. Added bonus is if you wrap your hands around the wheel, you're touching leather and not plastic.

LTS would be sweet, but definitely not in the budget. Not sure if it's available anyway -- PTS window closed in Jan.
It's a pretty arcane system AFAIK. Since I don't have access to NSA data, I have no idea if/when it closed. It was still on the Configurator yesterday, but so was PTS. And I lost a good two months on delivery time. Something about finding identical twin cows in the Alps above 12,000 feet I think...
Old 02-17-2017, 10:10 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I think it looks good... I wasn't able to spec mine exactly since I took a dealer inventory unit but you can see that just red dials & belts on black interior can look sharp.

Obviously ext/int colors and trim levels are all subjective so it ultimately depends on one's taste... buy or spec a car you want or prefer (not for others).

Last edited by Bossing; 02-17-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 10:12 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,406 Likes on 814 Posts

can't stand the red gauges, but looks ok otherwise
Old 02-17-2017, 10:54 AM
Quadry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bordeaux is such a gorgeous color in person. No idea why more people do not use this on the dials and belts.

Too much and it is over the top, but the dials are just beautiful in that color.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

Very nice. Something you could live with for a long time. If you ever wanted to add some Carbon Fiber bits will still look classic.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:49 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

I personally don't like the leather covered accent pieces... but if you're ordering then make sure you get what you love. The gauge contrast looks great! Would love to add to mine.

Quick Reply: So what do you think of this interior?