Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New (to me) '15 GTS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017 | 02:33 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

I actually compiled this last month... slideshow of many pics with a short startup vid in the middle. It was literally mint in & out... just needed a good wash.

Can't you tell I also liked the car?

Old 02-15-2017 | 09:34 PM
Pinger
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats!

Beautiful, beautiful car... congratulations!
Old 02-15-2017 | 09:35 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
I actually compiled this last month... slideshow of many pics with a short startup vid in the middle. It was literally mint in & out... just needed a good wash.

Can't you tell I also liked the car?
Old 02-15-2017 | 09:42 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tangerine
Very nice. But seriously, you need to take apart those sport design mirrors and plasticoat the lower part to match the other black trim. Never liked the gloss black since it doesn't match anything else, but the two tone look is slick.

And post the whole process online.

Totally not saying this because I want to do it too but don't know how to take apart the sport designs. No way I would push my agenda on you.

/subscribed
LOL! You must know how I like to take stuff apart.... And one of the things I was actually considering even before I saw your comment was painting the upper portions of the mirror housings with matte black! I did think about the lowers, but the way the color flows from the door to the mirror base I personally think would look better. But we'll see! On my GT Silver C4S I made the entire mirror from base on up matte black and I liked it.

I have a list of mods and styling things I'd like to do. But currently dealing with my whole family being sick (stomach bug thingy going around) including me, so the car has been just sitting in the garage since I drove it in there Sunday night! I am dying to get started.....
Old 02-15-2017 | 09:48 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by StormRune
Wonderful car and a nice story of cooperation with the Rennlist team.

I see in Bossing's photo you have the clear taillights. I was uncertain if I was a fan of those until yesterday when just coincidentally a white 991.1S with them passed by my pickup truck. I thought it just made the white car look so uniquely clean in its almost pure white and black tones.
You know, I am torn over the clears.... When I first saw the pics of the car, my first question to the sales guy was "do you have the original reds?" The clears in this case were added by the previous owner -- they weren't on the original build sheet.

The other things the previous owner did was swapped the side lights to the "proper" LED clears, and tinted the windows all-around. I am a tiny tiny bit worried that the tint is too dark for conservative PA where I live, so wouldn't be surprised if at some point I have to deal with that -- I mean, the tint is very dark. Oh, and also, surprised when I went to fuel-up that the gas cap was the aluminium-look accessory! Nice little bonus!

Cheers!
Old 02-16-2017 | 06:35 AM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
You know, I am torn over the clears.... When I first saw the pics of the car, my first question to the sales guy was "do you have the original reds?" The clears in this case were added by the previous owner -- they weren't on the original build sheet.

The other things the previous owner did was swapped the side lights to the "proper" LED clears, and tinted the windows all-around. I am a tiny tiny bit worried that the tint is too dark for conservative PA where I live, so wouldn't be surprised if at some point I have to deal with that -- I mean, the tint is very dark. Oh, and also, surprised when I went to fuel-up that the gas cap was the aluminium-look accessory! Nice little bonus!

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Penn4S
Beauty of a car Plenum, congrats. Where are you in Pa? I'm in Kennett Square just outside of West Chester. We have a great cars and coffee on Saturday mornings when the weather warms. We usually have between 50 -100 cars , all makes, good group of people. You can bring this beauty by.
Penns4S
Where do you meet for the cars and coffee, I would like to stop up.
Eric
Old 02-16-2017 | 07:38 AM
Paul007
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congratulations from one 991.1 GTS MY15 owner to another. Enjoy your ride, they are the BEST!
Old 02-16-2017 | 12:02 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 119 Posts

Looks marvelous...Congrats T
Old 02-16-2017 | 12:26 PM
MikeF_Vossen
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A beauty, congrats!!!
Old 02-16-2017 | 01:43 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

GREAT LOOKING GTS!!! ENJOY!
Old 02-17-2017 | 03:33 AM
Jbgill6535
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! Beautiful car.
Old 02-17-2017 | 03:48 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome back!
I'm sure I'll see you driving around in that beauty, don't stare at me all weird if I wave hello
Old 02-17-2017 | 03:55 PM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

If you ever want to see the original red tails on the car, I have a set sitting around, let me know and I can drop them off for you to try them on
Old 02-17-2017 | 08:29 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wsjchoi
If you ever want to see the original red tails on the car, I have a set sitting around, let me know and I can drop them off for you to try them on
Thanks Man!

Appreciate that offer....

Have a great weekend!
Old 02-17-2017 | 09:46 PM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts

LOL! You must know how I like to take stuff apart....
Indeed. I've watched many of your videos and read your posts back when I was new here. You are being humble because you must know you're kind of a big deal around these forums.

Quick Reply: New (to me) '15 GTS!