Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   New (to me) '15 GTS! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/975296-new-to-me-15-gts.html)

plenum 02-14-2017 12:28 PM

New (to me) '15 GTS!

Hi All-

Over the past weekend I picked-up a CPO 2015 GTS! First, let me send-out a big THANKS to RL member BOSSING for doing a local inspection for me! The pics and comments you sent were very helpful! :bowdown: With your help I felt very comfortable doing a long-distance transaction without ever actually seeing the car. More on that later!

First a pic of the new ride!

:p

I flew down to the dealer (Porsche West Broward) on Friday, picked-up the car, made a few visits in the Boca / West Palm area, then drove the car back to PA over the weekend! What a trip! Car is awesome, and I am ecstatic to be back in a 991 -- and more specifically a 991 GTS!

More pics, vids and details to come -- I arrived back in PA late Sunday night, and came down with a cold or something so haven't had any time or energy to put together better pics or anything worth showing. I did try something a bit wacky with the car that I'll put into another post - I didn't want to have a shop or dealer I don't know do PPF, BUT knowing I was driving 1,100 miles home "naked" I tried a product called "Road Wrap" and covered the front-end of the GTS... That was... interesting.... :rolleyes: Road Wrap is a temporary PPF "tape". I'll review it for those interested. Worked, but there are a lot of "buts"!

Anyway, thanks again to BOSSING (sorry couldn't get to see you and thank properly while I was in your area -- I had a very tight schedule so hope you understand)!!!

Stay tuned to RL and my YT Channel (GTSILVER) for mods and DIY projects coming-up. Cheers!

Rambler_13 02-14-2017 12:36 PM

Congrats Plenum, beautiful GTS (and matching key)! I picked up a '15 cpo GTS myself back in Sept. and love it. I believe I saw one of your recent videos about your GTS search. It's great to hear about these long distance success stories.

Dan Nagy 02-14-2017 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by plenum (Post 13958103)
Hi All-

Over the past weekend I picked-up a CPO 2015 GTS! First, let me send-out a big THANKS to RL member BOSSING for doing a local inspection for me! The pics and comments you sent were very helpful! :bowdown: With your help I felt very comfortable doing a long-distance transaction without ever actually seeing the car. More on that later!

First a pic of the new ride!

:p

I flew down to the dealer (Porsche West Broward) on Friday, picked-up the car, made a few visits in the Boca / West Palm area, then drove the car back to PA over the weekend! What a trip! Car is awesome, and I am ecstatic to be back in a 991 -- and more specifically a 991 GTS!

More pics, vids and details to come -- I arrived back in PA late Sunday night, and came down with a cold or something so haven't had any time or energy to put together better pics or anything worth showing. I did try something a bit wacky with the car that I'll put into another post - I didn't want to have a shop or dealer I don't know do PPF, BUT knowing I was driving 1,100 miles home "naked" I tried a product called "Road Wrap" and covered the front-end of the GTS... That was... interesting.... :rolleyes: Road Wrap is a temporary PPF "tape". I'll review it for those interested. Worked, but there are a lot of "buts"!

Anyway, thanks again to BOSSING (sorry couldn't get to see you and thank properly while I was in your area -- I had a very tight schedule so hope you understand)!!!

Stay tuned to RL and my YT Channel (GTSILVER) for mods and DIY projects coming-up. Cheers!

Congrats! ...and looking forward to your Road Wrap review.

jkfuel 02-14-2017 12:43 PM

Back in the game! Congrats!

STG 02-14-2017 12:43 PM

He's back! Congrats. Glad to have you back in the fold. Looking forward to your continued projects and DIY's. Quite an asset to the .1 community.

1809 02-14-2017 12:43 PM

Nice! How was West Broward to deal with? They seem to have a huge CPO inventory. I would also like to see your Road Wrap review.

Needsdecaf 02-14-2017 12:45 PM

Very nice, congrats! Great looking car!

j997tt 02-14-2017 12:53 PM

Congratulations. Just did the same. 15 GTS, white. Enjoy it. I sure am...

GSIRM3 02-14-2017 01:17 PM

Congratulations. I have a white 2015 GTS and love it.

Code 02-14-2017 01:23 PM

Congrats! She's a beauty.

Harsany 02-14-2017 01:25 PM

Awesome machine

1320str8liner 02-14-2017 01:26 PM

Congratulations on the new ride. I would love to hear about the PPF experience, a few days ago I was just looking at the product you used. Next month I will be picking up my car with a similar 1000 mile road trip. I'm debating on having a local shop do the ppf installation or use some other protection (blue painters tape) until I get home

STG 02-14-2017 01:35 PM

This is a nice product. Have used it.

http://www.trakktape.com/ordering.html

Xpel makes some too

http://www.xpel.com/xpel-tracwrap-temporary-ppf/

Bemo 02-14-2017 01:36 PM

Congratulations from another '15 GTS owner! :rockon:

TorqueChap 02-14-2017 01:37 PM

Congrats on a great car! And nice to see you're a fellow Philly guy.