MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful car, and welcome to Club '15!
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:02 PM
Quadry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! I almost bought that car I could not find any problems with it. You got a good one!
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:04 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 81 Posts

Beauty! Congrats. Hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Plenum please post links to you DIY material. Combo of web and the videos.
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:24 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank You Everyone!!! Appreciate the comments!

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Congrats! ...and looking forward to your Road Wrap review.
I'll do a separate thread write-up on the Road Wrap product experience....

Originally Posted by 1809
Nice! How was West Broward to deal with? They seem to have a huge CPO inventory. I would also like to see your Road Wrap review.
West Broward was awesome to work with. In this case being remote, and at least a 3 week-delay between putting a sold sticker on the car and when I actually made it down to pick her up, the team there were very accommodating and patient with me. Great service. Picked me up from the airport in a nice Pana, and even gave me a pair of Sunglasses (because I forgot my pair!). The dealership facility itself is a brand-new flagship that is just amazing to tour-through. I went right for the garage where a few cars were up on the lifts, engine-out, etc. Heaven for me.... LOL I may do some write-up separately just on the dealership to show my appreciation of their service. Overall thumbs-up!

Originally Posted by 1320str8liner
Congratulations on the new ride. I would love to hear about the PPF experience, a few days ago I was just looking at the product you used. Next month I will be picking up my car with a similar 1000 mile road trip. I'm debating on having a local shop do the ppf installation or use some other protection (blue painters tape) until I get home
Honestly, I probably would never have used the Road Wrap product but in this particular situation I had to "go with it." My experience warrants a separate, more detailed write-up + I have pics and video from the drive that are informative. My situation was that when it came to within couple of days of picking-up the car for the drive home I realized I hadn't made any arrangements for PPF (yes, I was offered, but declined, the dealer program for PPF). So I scrambled, found TracWrap, Road Wrap etc. but then had to get a roll fedex'd down to a friends place in FL. The only product I found I could get that quickly was Road Wrap. And did I mention 100' of that stuff is cheaper than dirt? $14.00 for the roll, 18" by 100'. So I went with it... And honestly, I don't regret it. Did I get a lot of funny looks for what appeared to be saran-wrap all over the front of my GTS? Maybe.... ;-) But probably no diff than if I had covered the front in blue tape!
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:31 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 76 Posts

Awesome to hear and local too, hope to see you around! I had dealt a bit with Broward in the past, they seem to have nice inventory. Can't believe you DROVE it home!

PM if you need a good local PPF/detail guy. Mine is coming back on Friday after correction/Xpel wrap.
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:40 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by AWay
Awesome to hear and local too, hope to see you around! I had dealt a bit with Broward in the past, they seem to have nice inventory. Can't believe you DROVE it home!

PM if you need a good local PPF/detail guy. Mine is coming back on Friday after correction/Xpel wrap.
Thanks AWay! Hmmm.. How local? Or, do you ever go to Bucks County Exotics meets? Would be great to meet. I haven't decided on PPF installer yet, so your recommendation would be welcome!

Yes, I did drive it -- total of 1,201 miles over approx 16 hrs (not including some time I spent buying FIREWORKS at SoB!!! I should have snapped a pic of how many mortar shells and roman candles you can fit in the frunk!!!). I stopped in couple of spots in FL, then Savannah GA overnight Sat. The long-haul was on Sunday... Was fun, and honestly was a great shake-down of the car. Not a single little issue, no squeaks, rattles, or anything. Rock-solid. And, the 18-ways were surprisingly comfortable for almost the entire trip! Wasn't until I was nearly home that my butt started aching....
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:41 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Beautiful! Congratulations.
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 02-14-2017 | 03:51 PM
AWay
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
Thanks AWay! Hmmm.. How local? Or, do you ever go to Bucks County Exotics meets? Would be great to meet. I haven't decided on PPF installer yet, so your recommendation would be welcome!

Yes, I did drive it -- total of 1,201 miles over approx 16 hrs (not including some time I spent buying FIREWORKS at SoB!!! I should have snapped a pic of how many mortar shells and roman candles you can fit in the frunk!!!). I stopped in couple of spots in FL, then Savannah GA overnight Sat. The long-haul was on Sunday... Was fun, and honestly was a great shake-down of the car. Not a single little issue, no squeaks, rattles, or anything. Rock-solid. And, the 18-ways were surprisingly comfortable for almost the entire trip! Wasn't until I was nearly home that my butt started aching....
Lansdale, so super close! And yes, I've been to the BCX meets several times, perhaps even this Saturday. I'll shoot you a PM about the PPF.

The 991 is such a complete car and on a road trip like that it would show. Bluetooth, comfortable heated/cooled seats, useable NAV, a very suitable road trip companion that will still lap a track faster than most things out there. This is my third 911 and surely won't be my last.
Old 02-14-2017 | 04:10 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,246 Likes on 754 Posts

Welcome back! Ya got a great car!
Old 02-14-2017 | 07:23 PM
BigRed911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats! She's a beauty. I have a 2016 GTS and love it! I'm in south central NJ not far from PA.
Would be cool to meet up at a meet.
Old 02-14-2017 | 07:45 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back! Gorgeous car.

Quick Reply: New (to me) '15 GTS!