991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 991.2 Base Pdk....Wow !

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017 | 11:19 AM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Has Porsche ever released annual (or by chassis, specifically with the 991.1) metrics of PDK vs. Manual Carreras spec'd?

I have a feeling that easily over 90% produced were PDK optioned. Same goes for the 991.2's...
Old 02-06-2017 | 11:29 AM
GregD
Racer

Originally Posted by rkwfxd
No offense taken but I do have to point out....

Nowhere in this post (or any of my posts actually) have I ever said I NEEDED more than a Base C2 or was skilled enough to outdrive one.

Oh not at all, it's all good.. It wasn't a "you" you, more of a generic "you"... Not a direct response, just a comment on the many comments that one needs a GTS to track... But again any excuse works for me, I want to buy your used GTS in a few years, to go to the track (ahem) ;-) Same on 981 or even 718S, the track times on those cars are incredible even though I don't want a 4 banger.
Old 02-06-2017 | 01:39 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GregD
Oh not at all, it's all good.. It wasn't a "you" you, more of a generic "you"... Not a direct response, just a comment on the many comments that one needs a GTS to track... But again any excuse works for me, I want to buy your used GTS in a few years, to go to the track (ahem) ;-) Same on 981 or even 718S, the track times on those cars are incredible even though I don't want a 4 banger.

FWIW let's just say I have "issues."

When I went to bed last night I had decided on a .2 GTS.

When I woke up this morning I was debating an AX / track prepped but still street legal 87-94 Carrera / 964.

By the time I got to work I was thinking of a "sleeper" .2 S with the Power Kit.

Old 02-06-2017 | 01:53 PM
GregD
Racer

Originally Posted by rkwfxd

FWIW let's just say I have "issues."

When I went to bed last night I had decided on a .2 GTS.

When I woke up this morning I was debating an AX / track prepped but still street legal 87-94 Carrera / 964.

By the time I got to work I was thinking of a "sleeper" .2 S with the Power Kit.

I'm not like most folks on this board...I cannot stomach spending >100K on a car that will depreciate like a rock over 5 years. I-can't-do-it. It's not a matter of whether I can afford it, it's I can't stomach it, while I see my classic oldies appreciate 10% per year... Me I bought used, at >30% discount with ridiculously low miles, so I'd say get a used 991 or the aircooled beastie, but right now aircooled cars are stupidly overpriced ! Good luck, it' a good problem to have ;-)
Old 02-06-2017 | 02:45 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

I hear you and that is very sound financial advise.

Regardless of what I end up getting I am planning and hoping to keep it for at least two decades so initial depreciation is not as important to me as buying something that will keep me happy over the very long haul.
Old 02-06-2017 | 04:01 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Ordered my C2 with no sunroof. No deposit required. I did order PSE, Sports Chrono, PDK, Bose and premium package plus as well as few other things. I have had sunroofs on previous Porsches and seem to never open them. Wasn't a problem with the dealer at all. I chose the Base because in my test drives, I just didn't notice all that much difference in the performance. The Base was as quick as my '14 C4S but seemed quicker because of the increase in low end torque.
Old 02-06-2017 | 07:03 PM
Brantley847
Advanced

Originally Posted by porshanut
Ordered my C2 with no sunroof. No deposit required. I did order PSE, Sports Chrono, PDK, Bose and premium package plus as well as few other things. I have had sunroofs on previous Porsches and seem to never open them. Wasn't a problem with the dealer at all. I chose the Base because in my test drives, I just didn't notice all that much difference in the performance. The Base was as quick as my '14 C4S but seemed quicker because of the increase in low end torque.
Thats good to hear for an aspiring C2 purchaser. I think 111,000 is my ceiling so I could get a stripped down C2S or favorably equipped C2 but it's only a street car. So while 0-60 is often an irrelevant variable it does matter for low end torque with sprinted street driving. I'm leaning towards the C2 with more of my preferred options in the build so I hope to see more posts like yours

The only thing I fear is exhaust sound. I've always like the the NA throating exhaust with greater volume from the PSE or aftermarket. I don't quite care for the center exhaust look on the models excluding the GT3
Old 02-06-2017 | 07:43 PM
sexfiend
Instructor

Originally Posted by Brantley847
Thats good to hear for an aspiring C2 purchaser. I think 111,000 is my ceiling so I could get a stripped down C2S or favorably equipped C2 but it's only a street car. So while 0-60 is often an irrelevant variable it does matter for low end torque with sprinted street driving. I'm leaning towards the C2 with more of my preferred options in the build so I hope to see more posts like yours

The only thing I fear is exhaust sound. I've always like the the NA throating exhaust with greater volume from the PSE or aftermarket. I don't quite care for the center exhaust look on the models excluding the GT3
Hey man, I was originally planning on the C4/2S but I found a base with lots of options for a great price and went for it. Let me tell you, you will get used to the exhaust sound because everything else makes up for it. I came from a 3.4 flat 6 on my cayman S but man, the 3L turbo has its own attractive character. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. For street performance even the base is so fast, much faster, smoother, than my cayman S. You can have more fun in the streets with a base because you can drive it harder. With the S, even my old cayman S it felt like an exercise in restraint for the streets (probably not on the track).
Old 02-06-2017 | 07:47 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by sexfiend
Hey man, I was originally planning on the C4/2S but I found a base with lots of options for a great price and went for it. Let me tell you, you will get used to the exhaust sound because everything else makes up for it. I came from a 3.4 flat 6 on my cayman S but man, the 3L turbo has its own attractive character. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. For street performance even the base is so fast, much faster, smoother, than my cayman S. You can have more fun in the streets with a base because you can drive it harder. With the S, even my old cayman S it felt like an exercise in restraint for the streets (probably not on the track).
All of these things get debates A LOT here. Once you get your car... you won't care. a base, no option 911 is a better car in every way than 99.999% of the other appliances on the road.
Old 02-06-2017 | 07:49 PM
sexfiend
Instructor

Yup, that's how good the 911 is
Old 02-06-2017 | 07:51 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by sexfiend
Yup, that's how good the 911 is
Add to that... previous gen base models could be argued underpowered in comparison but the .2 base feels faster than the .1 on the street. It is not but the low end certainly enables the driver to not have to work nearly as hard.

Quick Reply: New 991.2 Base Pdk....Wow !