Sponsored by:

Need a Daily Driver ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GregD
For example... Note also classic insurance is peanuts, cars icrease in value every year instead of depreciating... And again, class !

I owned one of these when I was 25. Same color too. God I loved that car.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,194 Likes on 575 Posts

How about a GTS AND a puppy? They work synergistically to woo the females - in La, La land, anyway.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:16 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Land Rover. Great great car. Land Rover (NOT Evoque... LR4 or RR only) and a puppy was a great call. Keep Porsche if able to.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:37 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
I have Land Rover. Great great car. Land Rover (NOT Evoque... LR4 or RR only) and a puppy was a great call. Keep Porsche if able to.
Just curious, what's wrong with the Evoque? They seemed to like it on Top Gear.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:43 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

historically the baby LR have been crap. Poorer quality and not really good offroad... The evoque suffers from that perception and its cool city design makes it not super useful as an SUV as far as carrying stuff or poeple... That said it's a much better than than the LR2 ever was....

We sold out LR3 for a RR sport, big mistake... Faster sure, but you cannot carry anything in the trunk either vs LR3/4, boxy designs rule !
Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

historically the baby LR have been crap. Poorer quality and not really good offroad... The evoque suffers from that perception and its cool city design makes it not super useful as an SUV as far as carrying stuff or poeple... That said it's a much better than than the LR2 ever was....

We sold out LR3 for a RR sport, big mistake... Faster sure, but you cannot carry anything in the trunk either vs LR3/4, boxy designs rule !
Full size RR supercharged...best SUV hands down
Old 02-11-2017, 01:43 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

We really like our diesel RRS. If we had more than a toddler to carry around we'd have given the bigger RR a lot more thought.

Back to the OP's dilemma though, I've heard the Mercedes G wagons are better than any exotic for picking up the type of ladies you don't want to marry... get one used and have money left over for a track toy
Old 02-11-2017, 02:41 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Wife owned a '15 LR4. What a steaming pile of crap that car was. Completely soured me on the brand.

Blown diff and half-shafts doing nothing more strenuous than driving the kids to school. Not to mention it left her stranded one time before when it decided not to start.

Too many similar stories for me to believe this was an anomaly, fair or not. Shame too - these are nice driving SUVs and I would have probably got the RR. Got a Land Cruiser instead. Not as flashy or as fun to drive on the street, but gets the job done and will never die.

Quick Reply: Need a Daily Driver ?