Sponsored by:

Need a Daily Driver ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 07:52 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by triplenet
I have a very cute Boxer that all the girls love ..... and you don't live in Miami ...

You would see the advantages of high end cars and dating if you did

A Porsche won't cut it for high end in Miami anyway...
Old 02-01-2017, 08:37 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 662 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
If you want to attract women, get a puppy.
English Bully pup is one of the best.
Attached Images  
Old 02-01-2017, 08:40 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Buy the Bentley in our classifieds. If has bullet-proof glass. Great for crazy girlfriends and ex-wife.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DNorby
Puppies work. I learned this in college waiting in front of the library for my girlfriend. Almost every girl that walked by would bend over and pet my cute dog. The problem with being single is that if you have a dog and you want to get away at a moment's notice, the dog, the older dog that is no longer as cute, needs to be taken care of. I think dogs are for families and retired men.

Get a puppy.
Here's a hint... most shelters would love to let you take a dog for a walk.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 AM
triplenet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R_Rated
A Porsche won't cut it for high end in Miami anyway...

F car I cant daily drive .... L cars are ugly IMHO ....Astons are nice but I sold my Vantage as it was way too slow and Mercedes / BMW's are a dime a dozen down here ....

Plus I still want track time.... Figured a GTS or Targa with PDK would be a very nice car to live with on a daily basis ....

anyway, thanks for humoring me guys .... always fun
Old 02-01-2017, 01:57 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

+1 on GTS...

Other thought, if you want to show class and good taste and not the thickness of your wallet, I 'd recommend a cool classic... porsche ones are too expensive now - but maybe you can swing it.. Something like an early 70s BMW 3.0 CS or, Mercedes similar... Elegant, comfortable, feels fast because it's older... Good dating car because it shows off your impeccable taste without technically showing off your $...
Old 02-01-2017, 02:10 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For example... Note also classic insurance is peanuts, cars icrease in value every year instead of depreciating... And again, class !
Attached Images     
Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,478 Likes on 2,816 Posts

^^^ Good idea for girls. Bad idea for tracking.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
^^^ Good idea for girls. Bad idea for tracking.
I recently rented a SPB for a DE and had a blast... no need to always own a trackable car if you're only going out 3-6 times a year. Much over that and it's probably cheaper and nicer to own the track car though.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:25 PM
0-Steve
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Advice: get a Range Rover and a puppy. Keep the Porsche/track car in the garage. Girls love Range Rovers.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Schmed
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 84 Posts

There's a LaFerrari in the classifieds....
Old 02-02-2017, 07:24 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,337 Likes on 753 Posts

OP is lucky the ex wife didn't end up with the Land Cruiser, Turbo and the cash needed for all future purchases. That's a celebration in itself. Enjoy the car for now, there are plenty of women out there.

If you are just looking to get laid then maybe and it's a big maybe the car will help. If you're looking for quality the car doesn't matter.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:46 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

deleted
Old 02-03-2017, 03:25 AM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triplenet
Thanks guys.....

Lets consetrate on priorities for a bit - 1) I need to get laid (highest priority) ... I could care less if they are gold digging or whatever ... I will throw them to the curb the day after - at least until I find the right one .... 2) I need my track days ... don't need to be the fastest lap time - just want to enjoy the day ... 3) I want to get laid ...

what do you think.... GTS suitable for a track day? or maybe build up a C4S a bit ?

Budget is say 125k ? Wait for the .2 ? or just get a .1 and do some slight mods....

Thanks again... just having some fun here - been married 25 years - ready to enjoy Miami as a single man ...

and yes,,, the girl I settle in with will love my Land Cruiser .... but for a little bit let me enjoy - please :-0 )
looks like you REALLY got your priorities straight
love this thread
Old 02-03-2017, 03:39 AM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
If I were you after a divorce, I will start new and sell off ALL cars that ex had ever sat in. I will not get the same make especially same model of a car since they are similar. It's important to forget the stress and start new.

And I will get the one car that I always want within my budget or stretch a bit depending on how strong the desire is. I will go with exotics which will attract all kind of chicks, gold diggers, and ladies. It will be helluva expensive to track, so I will track a bit less, but who really cares, I won't have time to track anyway with all those dates.

I will make sure to keep notes on each of them for every dates and beware of ones with lips edge that slanted down (complains a lot), disproportionate face / certain face parts that are too distinguishable (complicated), small slanted eyes (angry often), and ones that are overly attached to their mother / families (they will screw you later). I find that face is a blue print of emotional expressions.

PF
you would have a great career as a dating coach if you didnt sound so freaking miserable

Quick Reply: Need a Daily Driver ?