Sponsored by:

Need a Daily Driver ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:21 PM
triplenet
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weespeed
It'll fill it short term, and I think that's all OP wants.

I know it did for me until I decided I was too old to party all night and work the next day to pay for nice things.
for sure.... been married 25 years .... just let me have a year of fun with annoyingly hot girls - then I will settle down with a good woman ....

thats all I ask for .... and a few track days please
Old 01-31-2017, 07:25 PM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

My Porsche attracts guys...
Old 01-31-2017, 07:27 PM
triplenet
Pro

Originally Posted by sexfiend
Boxster ?

Old 01-31-2017, 08:25 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by triplenet
I currently have a Land Cruiser (08) and a 09 Turbo cab fully set up for the track....

Just got divorced and need a cool car to start dating if you know what I mean

Was thinking about selling the turbo and truck --- getting a GTS or Targa with PDK to daily drive ... Problem is --- I still want to track 4 / 5 times a year ....

Thoughts ?

Thanks guys
If I were you after a divorce, I will start new and sell off ALL cars that ex had ever sat in. I will not get the same make especially same model of a car since they are similar. It's important to forget the stress and start new.

And I will get the one car that I always want within my budget or stretch a bit depending on how strong the desire is. I will go with exotics which will attract all kind of chicks, gold diggers, and ladies. It will be helluva expensive to track, so I will track a bit less, but who really cares, I won't have time to track anyway with all those dates.

I will make sure to keep notes on each of them for every dates and beware of ones with lips edge that slanted down (complains a lot), disproportionate face / certain face parts that are too distinguishable (complicated), small slanted eyes (angry often), and ones that are overly attached to their mother / families (they will screw you later). I find that face is a blue print of emotional expressions.

PF
Old 01-31-2017, 08:26 PM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Boxster ?

LOL, almost, red Cayman!
Old 01-31-2017, 08:30 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by sexfiend
Boxster ?

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
If I were you after a divorce, I will start new and sell off ALL cars that ex had ever sat in. I will not get the same make especially same model of a car since they are similar. It's important to forget the stress and start new.

And I will get the one car that I always want within my budget or stretch a bit depending on how strong the desire is. I will go with exotics which will attract all kind of chicks, gold diggers, and ladies. It will be helluva expensive to track, so I will track a bit less, but who really cares, I won't have time to track anyway with all those dates.

I will make sure to keep notes on each of them for every dates and beware of ones with lips edge that slanted down (complains a lot), disproportionate face / certain face parts that are too distinguishable (complicated), small slanted eyes (angry often), and ones that are overly attached to their mother / families (they will screw you later). I find that face is a blue print of emotional expressions.

PF
I will be sure to run this one by my Asian wife
Old 01-31-2017, 08:32 PM
Elphilly
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that's some miserable advice. I hope I'm never as bitter as you are. God damn, that's depressing.

Originally Posted by Porscheforever

PF
Old 01-31-2017, 08:38 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,248 Likes on 1,029 Posts

Boxster ?

That is hilarious! But it is true. My red 981 BS attracts guys, and 5 year old boys. Girls don't care.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:39 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

For those keeping score at home, puppy was the correct answer. I can't see any upside of owning a Porsche and dating.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:42 PM
triplenet
Pro

Originally Posted by LexVan
For those keeping score at home, puppy was the correct answer. I can't see any upside of owning a Porsche and dating.
I have a very cute Boxer that all the girls love ..... and you don't live in Miami ...

You would see the advantages of high end cars and dating if you did

Old 01-31-2017, 08:56 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by Elphilly
Wow, that's some miserable advice. I hope I'm never as bitter as you are. God damn, that's depressing.
Depressing yes, but just look at divorce statistics, it's even more depressing. You can try looking at it in positive perspective, but the problem is always there. Choosing wisely and how to do it is the key.

Not trying to derail the thread, just get exotics
Old 01-31-2017, 09:03 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid

I will be sure to run this one by my Asian wife
LOL, for asians, it's slanted more than the normal asian eyes. But these days lots of female goes through cosmetic surgery so it's hard to spot. But the slanted down on the edge of the lips is usually easier to spot because it's harder to fix with cosmetic surgery.

PF
Old 01-31-2017, 09:41 PM
weespeed
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

for sure.... been married 25 years .... just let me have a year of fun with annoyingly hot girls - then I will settle down with a good woman ....

thats all I ask for .... and a few track days please
I agree. I went though something similar, not a divorce but fiance of 8 years.
I went wild. Was in Vegas every other weekend. Gambled, partied like I was in my 20s. Not to mention the number of females I did things with I never did with my ex.

But in the end, I spent a lot of money. And it got old. But I am happy to say that if I didn't get that out of my system I would have been one miserable guy during that time.

No regrets.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:44 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

If you genuinely just want to pick up girls with the car get an Aston Vantage or a Maserati GT. Used exotics would work too. A cheaper Cayman for the track, keep the Toyota, and you might even have money left over.

A 991 GTS or Targa would be a nicer car though.

Sorry to hear such a long marriage fell apart for you. Good luck getting back to a better place.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:38 AM
DNorby
Racer

Puppies work. I learned this in college waiting in front of the library for my girlfriend. Almost every girl that walked by would bend over and pet my cute dog. The problem with being single is that if you have a dog and you want to get away at a moment's notice, the dog, the older dog that is no longer as cute, needs to be taken care of. I think dogs are for families and retired men.

I learned something else. I drive two Porsches and it does not seem to help me. Women looking for money seem to read me right away and they know I ain't putting up with BS.

Women like to be paid up front, if you want sex.

My second wife gave me a huge bill for her services at the end-via her attorney.

If you have been out of the market for 25 years, well, you will be very frustrated. The good women are taken and only the crazy ones are available.

Foreign women are good for the most part, American women are self-centered and ruined by women's lib, they want it both ways.

What gives me hope is Trump and the people who voted him in.

Drive whatever you like. It's true, Porsches attract guys, not that many women.

Get a puppy.

Quick Reply: Need a Daily Driver ?