Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thieves @ XM Sirius radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:11 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Just make sure you call them before the renewal date, or they will automatically bill you at the regular rate.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:05 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Even if it renews automatically, you can call and renegotiate the rate. I've been doing that for a decade and usually pay 1/2.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:09 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by 911sccab
I'm thinking any practice that aggravates your customer base is short sighted.
This. I hate them. My wife hates them. Dropped them in her Audi and my Tundra. Podcasts, flash drives, etc.
They have lost business on 3 of 4 vehicles for us. And if they make me do another monkey dance on the phone in April, I'll drop it on the Mercedes. That car has two SD card ports.
As I said earlier, any company should have to honor the same method for adding AND deleting services. If you can purchase/add online, you should be able to cancel online as well. Making me waste my time calling in just pisses me off.
I try to avoid talking to anyone at any company anymore.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:10 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Even if it renews automatically, you can call and renegotiate the rate. I've been doing that for a decade and usually pay 1/2.
Yep, same here. Credit difference is readily applied next billing cycle.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Duke I
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Trouble is, Porsche enables these guys by having the Nav traffic updated via SiriusXM. That bothers me more than anything -- plus their short subscription that comes with our cars. I can live without the music but i like the traffic info. I let it expire and have not renewed -- I peek at waze and Google when I need traffic help and scan for alternate stations I may be listening to on long drives when they are dropped.

BMW uses HD radio for their traffic updates.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:34 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I haven't noticed any loss of quality but I also don't use it that much in the 911. Bigger issue for me is fumbling around with the app on the phone, trying to change stations. But it seems to work well enough if you can settle on a station or 2 and not have to keep changing.
Yeah, that's kind of a pain.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:12 PM
clutchplate
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by golftime
Subscribing to XM Sirius is the closest thing you can find to joining the mob. No matter what you do, you can't get out. If you auto-pay, they will rob you blind. If you try and quit, they refuse to take no for an answer. We stopped our 2 subscriptions about 2 years ago, and I still get harassing phone calls on a regular basis trying to suck me back in.
Exactly my experience. I bought a 6 month subscription for a car I was selling and paid them by check so they couldn't access my CC info. They were instructed NOT to auto renew. They charged me for auto renew anyway and attempted to take me to collections even though the car hadn't belonged to me for the previous 6 months.

Check out their Yelp reviews.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:20 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke I
Trouble is, Porsche enables these guys by having the Nav traffic updated via SiriusXM. That bothers me more than anything -- plus their short subscription that comes with our cars. I can live without the music but i like the traffic info. I let it expire and have not renewed -- I peek at waze and Google when I need traffic help and scan for alternate stations I may be listening to on long drives when they are dropped.

BMW uses HD radio for their traffic updates.
I did not know that. I thought NAV traffic updates come through a cellular chip. I know Sirius has a separate NAVTraffic subscription service.

http://www.siriusxmdealer.com/dealer-resources/porsche
Old 01-08-2017, 12:35 PM
jmfzona
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the heads up / savings

I just called Sirius to cancel my subscription (auto & app access) and they offered me a promotion rate of $119, instead of $209.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:30 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I will never give Sirius money again. I cancelled the music service on my S4 after a year, but the moron operator ALSO cancelled the remaining three years of traffic updates. It literally took MONTHS to get my traffic updates again even though every Sirius employee admitted it was their mistake.

Sirius can go f- themselves. I would not give them $1 for a lifetime subscription.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:32 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

OK...called XM 1/8/17....told to not renew 3 accounts when they expire & remove auto bill info etc.

They said "what if we gave you a 5 month offer of $28.46 all in per radio". Said they'd refund whatever is due on the current contract and start the 5 months today.

Told them I was tired of making these phone calls & all that would would happen is we'd be having the
same conversation all over again in 5 months.

They gave me cancellation numbers for each radio ID and said they'd remove account info. Told me I'd have to pay an activation fee if I wanted to restart...told the polite Pakistani girl (or someplace over there) we didn't need to worry about that.

BTW, they have no a la carte program to pick and choose stations - the only other package is a music one.

We'll see what comes next in the mail/email in the way of "we want you back" department.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Canefan
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm currently paying $34 for 6 months. Before the contract ends I will call to renew at that rate or tell them to cancel. They always cave. It sucks that you have to play that game with them, but it's clear that their objective is to have some kind of contract on every satellite radio out there and they will give you a deal if you push them.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:05 PM
Porsche Jeff
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

What a business model.....Fight with them every 6 months or so, and offer everyone a different deal. Amazing they remain in business. Hopefully, they will go the way of the Blockbuster!
Old 01-08-2017, 02:22 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

I actually had one of these a$$hats say to me "You are driving a Porsche, what is $15 a month for Sirius".

I hung up.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:43 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche Jeff
What a business model.....Fight with them every 6 months or so, and offer everyone a different deal. Amazing they remain in business. Hopefully, they will go the way of the Blockbuster!
zoomed past 30M subs and stock has been gangbusters last few years speaking of which.

"ts subscriber base increased from 18.8 million at the beginning of 2010 to 29.6 million at the end of 2015, a total of more than 50%."

Quick Reply: Thieves @ XM Sirius radio