Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thieves @ XM Sirius radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 09:48 PM
feh
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

They give you some months for free, then throw in the renewal at $120/year, then after that, it defaults to the highest possible which is $200+/year, for crappy quality radio that sounds worse than AM radio sometimes.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:07 PM
ralt12
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
I'm not even activating the trial or responding to their e-mails because I want nothing to do with them. They make it so hard to untangle from them I'd rather just use internet radio.
Me.
The Sirius customer service is a morass of bad English, bait and switch, and the Wells Fargo routine (sign you up for stuff you didn't sign up for). I actually really like parts of it, but I'll never actually sign up for it because of the brutally bad crap you have to go through to get a reasonable rate for one car, much less multiple cars. (Honey, I can only drive one at a time...)
It's really too bad. Not a bad product, but their business model....sheesh, you'd think they'd figure it out.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:34 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by ralt12
Me.
The Sirius customer service is a morass of bad English, bait and switch, and the Wells Fargo routine (sign you up for stuff you didn't sign up for). I actually really like parts of it, but I'll never actually sign up for it because of the brutally bad crap you have to go through to get a reasonable rate for one car, much less multiple cars. (Honey, I can only drive one at a time...)
It's really too bad. Not a bad product, but their business model....sheesh, you'd think they'd figure it out.
I do not find it a hardship to the point I would "never actually sign up for it". In fact I have renewal down to about 3 minutes. I say I want to cancel, get passed to Retention Dept. immediately, ask what are the current deals and take one. Done.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:31 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem, a few minutes on the phone, tell them to cancel, back to an introductory rate and then I bundle with the Sirius APP for home and my other vehicles.
Only way to get Met Opera Radio without Data charges on the primary vehicle.
-Richard
Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Hard to believe people defending the sound quality.... it is objectively much worse than hd radio, cd, pandora, Spotify, etc.... it has to be but the trade off is signal most anywhere. I hope nobody ponied up for burmester that thinks the sound quality of satellite radio is acceptable.

Quick Reply: Thieves @ XM Sirius radio