Sponsored by:

Brake dust issues solved 991.2 C4S

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2019, 12:09 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
Fully agree with you.. I had the Hawks cerramics and took them off because I didn't like the performance during initial bite when cold. This is important to me for a daily driver on the street where you don't have the luxury as on the track to heat it up. I don't know where the other poster is coming from when he claims that brake pads don't affect performancet because its the tires that stop the car .....hmmmm.
That's right TIRES stop the car. Brake pads stop the rotor which is in turn connected to the wheel. Brakes stop the the wheel. Tires stop the car. Simple physics.
Ever tried stopping on ice? You can have your foot to the floor, brakes are fully locked/engaged and guess what...you aren't stopping. You are still moving. Why are you still moving if brakes stop the car? Because they don't, tires do.

And if you read the entire thread you will see I was talking about semi metallic pads not ceramic.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:12 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
That's right TIRES stop the car. Brake pads stop the rotor which is in turn connected to the wheel. Brakes stop the the wheel. Tires stop the car. Simple physics.
Ever tried stopping on ice? You can have your foot to the floor, brakes are fully locked/engaged and guess what...you aren't stopping. You are still moving. Why are you still moving if brakes stop the car? Because they don't, tires do.

And if you read the entire thread you will see I was talking about semi metallic pads not ceramic.
No one function in our car is the absolute factor in controlling its performance. It is a combination of all parts and the sum of them that makes a difference. Based on your argument, then its not the tires that stops the car, its the big planet earth. But then it is not an absolute either because the earth spins continuously and nothing can stop it. All jokes aside, brake pads play a very important function. It has to do its job in burning hot condition as well as in very cold situation. It has to be able to modulate with feedback to give feel to the driver as he brakes on a threshold.

Quick Reply: Brake dust issues solved 991.2 C4S