Sponsored by:

Show us you GTS thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Awesome, I was wait listed at Lime Rock last year for the last day of the season with SCDA but never got in. Who do you normally run with? I'll be doing Thompson and Palmer in May/June with SCDA.
Hey
I typically run with SCDA. Great organization. Maybe I'll see you at the next track event.

Last edited by hsmith; 03-23-2017 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

How how did you add the rear grill?

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
I'm sure I posted somewhere back when this thread (and my GTS) was new, but I'll put up a new picture or two, with the GT Silver CLs and the GTS rear grill which I added because ducktails don't come with that.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 259 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by 991 | GTS
Here are a few mine when it still had paper plates.
So dope!
Step1: drop the duck
Step2: park it next to Rumble Bee
Step3: wife divorces me
Step: I sleep in the newly-acquired toy, IF I'm lucky enough to keep it.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

Simon, beautiful GTS! You also look like a candidate to join our messy garage thread!
Thanks. You're right about the garage. Had just moved house, that's next project on the list. After picking up new GTS in a couple of weeks. Be sad to see this one go though.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:17 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by gbree
What did you do about the gap in the rear vent for the 3rd brake light?
Nothing. After realizing it is exactly what everybody else has, except my "gap" has a blank plate and others have a red lens of the exact same dimensions, I just got over it. Never even notice now, just like I never notice on the few other GTSs I see in the wild.

Me:

Non-Duck

Old 03-23-2017, 11:57 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

So did you just buy the ducktail and not the rear grill option? I love this look

Nothing. After realizing it is exactly what everybody else has, except my "gap" has a blank plate and others have a red lens of the exact same dimensions, I just got over it. Never even notice now, just like I never notice on the few other GTSs I see in the wild.

Me:

Non-Duck

Old 03-24-2017, 02:06 AM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
Hey
I typically run with SCDA. Great organization. Maybe I'll see you at the next track event.
Excellent, always great to meet up with fellow track day enthusiasts. As of now, I'm scheduled for Thompson on May 15 and Palmer on June 5.

Love how this thread was suddenly revived. Hopefully with the upcoming melt around here, I'll be out to take some post hibernation pics.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:31 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
So did you just buy the ducktail and not the rear grill option? I love this look
Thank you! Me too.

No, I ordered my car with ducktail. But Porsche doesn't use the black, small-louvered grill if you spec the ducktail. Meaning you get the standard big-louvered, body colored grill as seen below. But Suncoast sells the black plastic grill for a mere 1200 or so clams, a substantial savings off the Porsche MSRP of 1800!

Installation is a sub five-minute job, literally.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:59 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Excellent, always great to meet up with fellow track day enthusiasts. As of now, I'm scheduled for Thompson on May 15 and Palmer on June 5.

Love how this thread was suddenly revived. Hopefully with the upcoming melt around here, I'll be out to take some post hibernation pics.
Likewise! I don't recall seeing you last season as i would definitely notice another GTS. Shame I was the only 991 GTS at all of the track events i attended last year (about 6 or so). The GTS is simply incredible on track. I hope to be at Thompson at the May 15th event.
Old 03-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by hsmith
Likewise! I don't recall seeing you last season as i would definitely notice another GTS. Shame I was the only 991 GTS at all of the track events i attended last year (about 6 or so). The GTS is simply incredible on track. I hope to be at Thompson at the May 15th event.
Haha, that would make sense since I had my white E92 M3 then which you may have seen (red interior). Although the only 991 I remember seeing last year was a dark blue C2S I believe. Looks like you run advanced group. I prefer stepping down to Int 2, too many Z06s with slicks getting all up in my junk in advanced! I find there to be a nice balance in Int 2. Can't wait to try out the GTS on track, I plan to run completely stock at least the first couple of times.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:44 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Haha, that would make sense since I had my white E92 M3 then which you may have seen (red interior). Although the only 991 I remember seeing last year was a dark blue C2S I believe. Looks like you run advanced group. I prefer stepping down to Int 2, too many Z06s with slicks getting all up in my junk in advanced! I find there to be a nice balance in Int 2. Can't wait to try out the GTS on track, I plan to run completely stock at least the first couple of times.
That explains why i didn't see another GTS. I also had a white (with speed cloth interior) E92 M3 prior to my GTS. Small world.

You are going to absolutely love your GTS on track. Its on another level compared to the M3. You will immediately feel how much more nimble it is with the loss of around 500 lbs!
Old 03-24-2017, 04:53 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you! Me too.

No, I ordered my car with ducktail. But Porsche doesn't use the black, small-louvered grill if you spec the ducktail. Meaning you get the standard big-louvered, body colored grill as seen below. But Suncoast sells the black plastic grill for a mere 1200 or so clams, a substantial savings off the Porsche MSRP of 1800!

Installation is a sub five-minute job, literally.
I had the dealer install my aerokit cup wing and asked them to leave the original black grille. They were hesitant at first (not standard practice) but agreed to it.
I think it looks much better with the black grille.

Old 03-24-2017, 05:08 PM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

That looks really good. I think black grill goes better with every rear spoiler configuration. First time i've seen the black grill with the aerocup kit.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:32 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

Have often thought of adding the duck to the 15 GTS Cab. Appears that if a spare black grill were purchased, one could carefully remove and individually sell the remaining seven (?) slats to other RL'rs to offset the cost of this mod..or have one slat 3D printed. T
Old 03-24-2017, 05:36 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

I guess I'm confused. Why does porsche only offer the duck tail in conjunction with the body color rear grill? It appears all rear grills work... our black GTS grill included.

Quick Reply: Show us you GTS thread