991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911: 2017 Base vs 2015-2016 S

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016 | 12:21 AM
Gasol1
Intermediate

Yes, custom build, part of the experience for me like with the Macan and Cayenne S (2016).

C4 Graphite blue, 20" Carrera S wheels platinum satin, LCA, premium package plus, sport chrono, Bose, 14 ways, front axle lift and minor stuff. No sunroof.

Thought long and hard about full leather. We love it in the Cayenne (white over red/black leather). Liked the blue/chalk full leather but worried about wear and stains. Didn't think any other color other than black would go with the graphite blue. Since it will almost always be just me decided to go standard black interior.

I test drove a few S6's, in the end decided to go for the 991.2 and an X1 I will share with the daughter for when the 911 isn't the right call.

Originally Posted by amelen
Yes, I was on that forum since it was announced. The Macan was suppose to be the 911 replacement for me. Instead, I had it for a few months and switched to the current S6. Thank you for the feedback! You did a custom order for a '17?
Old 11-18-2016 | 09:48 PM
amelen
Pro

Originally Posted by Gasol1
Yes, custom build, part of the experience for me like with the Macan and Cayenne S (2016).

C4 Graphite blue, 20" Carrera S wheels platinum satin, LCA, premium package plus, sport chrono, Bose, 14 ways, front axle lift and minor stuff. No sunroof.

Thought long and hard about full leather. We love it in the Cayenne (white over red/black leather). Liked the blue/chalk full leather but worried about wear and stains. Didn't think any other color other than black would go with the graphite blue. Since it will almost always be just me decided to go standard black interior.

I test drove a few S6's, in the end decided to go for the 991.2 and an X1 I will share with the daughter for when the 911 isn't the right call.

Great feedback, thank you! Did you get much of a discount off MSRP?
Old 11-19-2016 | 02:47 PM
Gasol1
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amelen
Great feedback, thank you! Did you get much of a discount off MSRP?
5% off. . .my third porsche from this dealer
Old 07-08-2020 | 04:46 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Phil@Fabspeed
Great to hear you are enjoying the X-Pipe! If you ever have some time to take a quality video and send it to us, we'd love to put you up on the site

I'm not so sure I agree with that. From factory the cars are a bit lethargic in regards to sound sure...but it doesn't take much to get tweak the exhaust note. The PSE cars with our Sport Headers/ Sport Cats in particular...Sport mode with valves open has a very similar (if not more aggressive) burble/overrun like that of the 991.1 albeit with some turbo spool in the background haha. For reference...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg-LDtuY6TQ

Run it catless and I guarantee noone is calling that car a Tesla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaP0DWiomPg

OP, the new 991.2 is a brilliant car and very new age. IMO for a daily it will exceed your expectations. That being said, if you ever want to liven up the experience a bit, there is always room for improvement. There are many supporting vendors like myself that are a part of this community and would be happy to work with you
Driving that fast down a crowded road with pedestrians nearby: what a DB! My son could have been crossing the street on his bicycle. People like that deserve to have their licenses pulled and cars impounded.
Old 07-08-2020 | 04:54 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

For those downplaying the exhaust on 991.2...
I like the spooling turbo noise and hearing the woosh when your off gas (wastegates)
If you have it in sport + or normal you don't get the fake pop pop noise either...but I'll admit it... I like the fake pop noise....

I went from 991.1S to a 991.2S
The performance difference is grand canyon big (especially with sporkpackage aka the rear axle steering), and carplay...man do I love carplay

Quick Reply: 911: 2017 Base vs 2015-2016 S