Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lane assist/ adaptive cruise control usefullness

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 05:01 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm with Need4S--adjust your outside mirrors properly and there is no "blind" spot. That said, my C4S has LCA at my wife's insistence. Her car has it and the truck does as well. The problem with the Porsche and truck is that the indicator lights are inside and forward of the mirrors by 4-5 inches. For me I look at the mirror and can't see the indicator, or I look at the indicator and can't see the mirror. My wife's car has the indicator mounted on the frame of the mirror so it's visible while looking at the mirror. The next problem I have with them is it appears if you pass a car at a higher speed differential (and I don't know what that is) the sensor doesn't pick up the car in your blind spot. Of course if I'm overtaking that car it hardly matters, but it gives me pause in trusting the indicator/system.
I keep my mirrors adjusted correctly and rely on them first, and a glance over my shoulder next.
And I love the adaptive cruise on the truck and couple of my wife's cars. Didn't think it was necessary on the P-car.
Old 10-19-2016, 06:07 PM
verstraete
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Ski Porsche
I'm with Need4S--adjust your outside mirrors properly and there is no "blind" spot. .
+1
Old 10-20-2016, 09:59 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There never is a "blind" spot until you have an accident!-Richard
I'll take all the help I can get!
Old 10-20-2016, 05:32 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

I agree with Bud.
Old 10-23-2016, 05:29 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

We really need some sort of deflector shield option In the space of a few blocks driving home today I came very close to crunching my 911 twice

First I was stopped in traffic and a woman in a Lexus RX came "this close" to rear ending me. Nothing I can do about that except pray. Glad the pavement was dry or she would have hit me. A few blocks later I was driving down the same street normally when some crap car with a family just shot out in front of me from a side street. WTF!!!! At least I was paying attention. Got the car stopped no problem, but was starting to feel like there was a target on my car. So happy to park the car damage free after that. Ripping along back roads no problem. Driving home through the city-very risky!

Quick Reply: lane assist/ adaptive cruise control usefullness