Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing/Cleaning supplies

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 02:57 PM
Gonzalo38
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts

In my case, the first thing is to apply Crystal Serum Light from Gtechniq http://usa.gtechniq.com/products/aut...al-serum-light

After that, I use Hyper Wash shampoo from Meguiars, the Synthetic X-Press Wax from Meguiars and Wheel Brightener from Meguiars.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I am also a big einszett/nextzett disciple too. love their Windscreen Clear, Plastic Deep and Cockpit Premium and I think Colortec Wheel Cleaner is the best.

I am also a big user of the Blackfire line of polishes and sealants.
for anyone with the black plastic grills, NOTHING gets them looking brand new again like the plastic deep. water spots gone. immediately. like magic
Old 10-03-2016, 03:29 PM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
What supplies and brands do you recommend? I've had my new C2S home for just over a week. She'll be clear bra'd soon and I want to keep her looking nice. I'm not going to spend more time cleaning, waxing, and polishing than driving, but I also don't want to do any damage or waste money.

I'm starting over after pitching my cleaning supplies for my last sports car. I had a water blade and synthetic chamois for drying, which both seem to be no nos in my current understanding. I also have a cabrio with full leather, so I'll want to clean & protect it as often as necessary. I kept my last sports car 13 years and I wouldn't be surprised if I get close again.

Griot's Garage, Chemical Guys, Meguires, Armor All ... Tell us your brand, your product, and why.
Take some time and read through forum messages at AutoGeekOnline.net.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...tailing-forums

Their forum has an abundance of user experiences and reviews on virtually every product available. Many of the forum messages are posted by professional car detailers.

I believe there are many fine products on the market for putting a nice shiny protective finish on your car. More important than the product, however, is the process by which you use those products.

Your technique for using a wash, polish, glaze, wax, sealant, buffer, micro fiber towel, etc. is more important than the product(s) you use.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:32 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Are there benefits to using a dedicated foam gun vs a pressure washer soap dispenser?
Old 10-03-2016, 06:37 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Are there benefits to using a dedicated foam gun vs a pressure washer soap dispenser?
I went w the foam gun (gilmour cost me about 50 bux) and some good foam soap (honeydew from the chemical guys) that works just great. i have a pressure washer to rinse out the cars (and get into the wells/into the wheels) and the routine is basically use that to rinse, clean the wheels, foam gun, rinse again, then two bucket method.

not sure where the pressure washer soap dispenser would play into it other than being pretty expensive and not taking away the hand wash step anyway
Old 10-03-2016, 09:15 PM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Ditto on the Autogeek site. Griots, Sonax, Autogeek house brands (Wolfgang). I've won some concours awards using these products. I have paint protection film and a ceramic coating.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:18 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

If you decide to get a foam cannon remember to buy the correct one, the standard type is for gas power washers, there is a specific one made for electric washers. Night and day!

Anyway it all comes down to the 2 buckets method.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:29 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Obsessed Garage on YouTube. Having trouble posting the link to the bare channel, since this site keeps interpreting it as a video. Just Google it.

Matt's a rennlist member (Money2536) and keeps a journal on his GT3. Talks a lot about washing process and products. I've learned a lot from watching his videos. Seems to use quite a lot of Adam's and, more recently, Ammo products. His site also goes into detail on the best products of each type. Worth a look, even if you aren't as obsessed as he is.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:01 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

The foam gun creates a really thick foam that grabs the debris and runs them down while the soap dispenser just adds detergent to the water being sprayed, check it out on YouTube.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Harsany
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
I'm a Zaino man.

www.zainobros.com
Absolutely
Old 10-04-2016, 01:49 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

awesome thread. What's your recommendation on a wheel cleaner that keeps brake dust from it?
Old 10-04-2016, 02:10 PM
AZ-Steve
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
awesome thread. What's your recommendation on a wheel cleaner that keeps brake dust from it?
I use two products for the wheels, each with a different purpose. I use Sonax - Wheel Cleaner to get the brake dust off the wheels. Then I use RejeX a couple of times a year. RejeX is a coating that keeps stuff, like brake dust, from sticking to the wheels.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:47 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Originally Posted by AZ-Steve
I use two products for the wheels, each with a different purpose. I use Sonax - Wheel Cleaner to get the brake dust off the wheels. Then I use RejeX a couple of times a year. RejeX is a coating that keeps stuff, like brake dust, from sticking to the wheels.
Thanks, I'll try it out.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:45 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Any recommendation on our interior? mixture of leather and vinyl?

Should i wipe it with 303 on everything inside?
Old 10-04-2016, 08:53 PM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
Any recommendation on our interior? mixture of leather and vinyl?

Should i wipe it with 303 on everything inside?

I have tried most of the detailing products in the market and I have decided that if ain't broken don't fix it. Sonax and Einzett are my to go products for the interior. For Vinyl I use Sonax Dashboard Matte Finish which I consider better than Cockpit Premium. I use CP for the rest of the the car. For leather I use Sonax Foam Leather Cleaner and Masters Leather Cream.

I only use 303 on exteriror and engine.

Hope this help.

Quick Reply: Detailing/Cleaning supplies